MINI ARG Discussion and Speculation

Ah I see now, it’s a portion of a Pre-trained model data for a chatbot ’ ^ _ ^

3 Likes

The Construct in the Anomaly also talked about how it’s previous shell was melted. These could be attempted rebirth of those lost in the Great Disconnect. But, I’m now thinking, what if they connected to a divergence instead of the Convergence. Would it be hard to connect to something from Glass?

5 Likes

Happy cake day!

4 Likes

Happy cake day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks guys <3 Now where did I put those six years?

3 Likes

The echoes we collect are placed in simulation[19].
Artemis is stored in a different sim…5 or 9 …I can’t remember.
I wonder how many sims are running in Nada’s personal terminal…

4 Likes

I’m wondering as well since “here-shell” is distinct from the convergence that’s still in Terminal Prime, will it come out Atlantid by default or will our choice also effect the echo convergence?

3 Likes

So, a user in the Discord posted this in question for the WT ARG connection.

Sean’s message to the community at the end of season 1 of Waking Titan said this: You've become part of the No Man's Sky origin story.

Would this be a possibility that it does have some influence?

source: Waking Titan/Phase 3 - Game Detectives Wiki

I posted my concern with the post’s distinction of the Main NMS story and the Origin Story. So, it’s a possibility it is canon, but not relevant?

4 Likes

Bottom right looks familiar XD Did Simran get a job in Hello Games in recent months :thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t think SM’s message was about Waking Titan itself. I took it as a reference to the literal game of NMS and us as real life players who have stuck around from the beginning and went through the “tough” times with NMS, the era when there wasn’t a whole lot to do in NMS but look around(basically) and put up with the flood of hate comments on the game. Then things turned around around the time the ARG was going on because the hate comments were turning into admiration comments and the game grew tremendously.

Pre-ARG, we didn’t have any story to follow. No player models or freighters and no multiplayer. No portals, no nexus, no terrain editing, no exotic ships, no frigate fleets and the list goes on. So we were part of NMS’s origin story. There from the beginning.

Bonus side-topic:
Also, I like the forum name, but I also feel that the forum name and website should change to reflect what it really is now… a dedicated no Mans Sky forum. However, because its a bit hard to find for the average player, I guess its helped to prevent the undesirable gamer types from coming here.

But then again, I think most NMS players are generally “chill”.

3 Likes

Nada’s simulation currently says it is number 19, this must be a transmission from the souls inside the Prime Terminal

6 Likes

My interpretation was that those are the most common words that are used in conversations with Korvax and it gives us a headstart understanding them without revealing the solutions to dialogs (such as “give me carbon” etc. or hints how to defuse the alarms at manufacturing sites). :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

Alice & Smith make ARGs. They market them to customers on the basis that they can generate publicity, and create a positive image. They are sold as marketing and public relations tools.

Waking Titan was a major success for both Alice & Smith and Hello Games. It drew in huge numbers of participants, and many more who watched from the sidelines. At the conclusion of Waking Titan, Alice & Smith were clearly very pleased about their achievement. They held press conferences, and their web site was full of news and reports.

If you look at Alice & Smith’s web site now, you will find that Waking Titan is not mentioned. Not a web page, not an article, not a paragraph. Not even a sentence or a footnote. Nothing.

I find this very curious.

7 Likes

Hi Polyphemus. Perhaps you just missed this somehow. A few days ago I was snooping about their website looking for possible ARG clues hoping maybe Waking Titan or something similar might spring to life : ) But alas no.

They’ve a bit about No Mans Sky and the ARG. : )

I guess Alice and Smith understandaby have to move on and No Man’s Sky from their point of view is past work and not currently front and centre of their current clients. It was ‘buried’ in their front page scrolling down near the bottom. It seems to remain part of their ‘Business Case’ examples for potential clients. There’s a photo of ‘Emily’ there too. I wonder what she’s doing now.

5 Likes

Yes, I did. Probably because I was looking at this website:

https://aliceetsmith.com/

4 Likes

lol I’m not clicking on that link… haha I got a ‘Warning. Potential Secirity Risk’ from my browser : D But I believe you!!!

3 Likes

It’s the one linked from their Wikipedia entry. As far as I (and BitDefender) can tell, it’s just an out of date security certificate.

4 Likes

It very well can be. Usually, the order of words unlocked is not random, and eventually goes in alphabetical order (maybe have a frequency bias?)
That’s pretty much the only reason I suspect these are here in no particular order, but what words were revealed

Like Eheu, is just a Korvax remark.

3 Likes

Interestingly, I looked that word up and this Korvax word is a Latin exclamation for exasperation or frustration, similar to how we would say “ugh!”, “what a pity”, “sigh…” or “welp…” today.

To me this means that Korvax sound anachronistic and foreign to us when they express their emotions. But just like some of us make an effort to learn (a few words of) Latin, we can learn to understand the Korvax, and realise they express a common shared emotion in an “alien” way.

(That’s my personal interpretation out of linguistic interest, there is no official confirmation, of course.)

6 Likes

I pretty much got the meaning from the context in which it is used, but I had no idea that it’s actually latin…

5 Likes