June 7 Loop16 Seq 29

More random thinking perhaps. There are 12 well known zodiac constellations, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces.

Put them in alphabetical order. Take each first letter. Maybe an ASCII or HEX or whatever could give us an address ‘buried’ within.
I have to go to lunch. Something to chew on LOL

1 Like

A little brainstorming - some, or none, of this may be relevant:

In 1852, 85% of Sacramento was destroyed in a huge fire. There was another fire in 1858, not so large, but it nevertheless destroyed 12 city blocks.

In the Christian Bible, Revelations 12:1 contains the words “And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars”.

Some biblical scholars have taken this to be a reference to the constellation Corona Borealis. In fact, Corona Borealis has many more than 12 stars, but 2,000 years ago people may have thought it had 12.

In 1922 H.P. Lovecraft wrote a short story “Hypnos”. Two friends pursue hidden knowledge through the use of dreams and drugs. They believe they are uncovering marvels, but in the end, they discover only terror. The focus of the friends’ studies is Corona Borealis.

Sacramento is actually 380 miles from L.A. Sacramento is only “near” L.A. in the sense that London is “near” Berlin.

There definitely appear to be 12 sleepers pictured in the animated GIF we were given.

11 Likes

You really need to get on the discord chat!

“And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars”

Curious this biblical verse also appears here in this blog about discussing 12 planets in our solar system.

Could the 12 reference planets? Our we getting our solar system added to the game?

1 Like

I dislike Discord. I dislike Reddit. That’s why I’m here, not there.

10 Likes

Revelations gets quoted in all sorts of whacky things. You could pursue the possible connections for years. It was the possible Lovecraft link that interested me.

3 Likes

If we’re going full-tilt on the biblical symbolism route: Sacramento (the city) “was named after the Sacramento River, which forms its western border. The river was named by Spanish cavalry officer Gabriel Moraga for the Santísimo Sacramento (Blessed Sacrament), referring to the Catholic Eucharist. (Sacramento, California - Wikipedia)”

The Eucharist “(also called Holy Communion or the Lord’s Supper, among other names) is a Christian rite that is considered a sacrament in most churches and an ordinance in others. According to the New Testament, the rite was instituted by Jesus Christ during the Last Supper; giving his disciples bread and wine during the Passover meal (Eucharist - Wikipedia).”

Jesus’s disciples who were present at the Last Supper, also called his apostles, are 12 in number. The sleepers are apostles?

3 Likes

Loop 16 /Emily’s Apostles, perhaps?

I can’t remember the exact Vy’keen quote - something along the lines of “If the Atlas is a God, then it is mad”.

3 Likes

The Sleeper has awakened. Maybe Sean Murray is going to wake up E3 :slight_smile:

Buried sandworms…

9 Likes

While I’ve yet to find what I’d consider a “quality” source, there are A LOT of web results linking the 12 apostles to the 12 signs of the zodiac. Will update when/if I find something worthy of note.

1 Like

Revelation 12:1 is actually not about litteral stars. I actually studied this. It was actaully entirely symbolic. In biblical prophecies, women at times represented groups or organizations “married” to outstanding people. In this account, the woman represents God’s symbolic wife. So this is symbolic of Gods heavenly organisation of angels. The crown of twelve stars actually just represents “completeness”. (The number twelve, in biblical times, represented completeness. 12 tribes of fleshly Israel, the 12 apostles, the 12 tribes of spiritual Israel, and the 12 gates, 12 angels, and 12 foundation stones of the New Jerusalem.​) The “clothed” with the sun and moon at feet represented Gods favor upon the organisation of angels day and night, everlasting as the sun and moon is to the earth. In later reading of that chapter in Revelation, it mentions a war in heaven and getting rid of satan and his demons. So at that point, the heavens were “cleansed” of wickedness and thats when it recieved Gods favor. The woman is also depicted in other verses as having children, this was symbolic of His followers and also of God’s son Jesus ruling. Other verses mention how His followers would be taught by their father, this would be through His word, the bible.

So, i think the “12” in this ARG is unrelated, but possibly they selected 12 to also represent completeness of, maybe the game now?

Edit, i remember the “if atlas is a god” quote in the ARG, its possible that maybe they are doing parallelism and calling the 12 sleepers like Atlas’ apostles. Hmmmm… if thats the case, then one of the apostles(or sleepers) is going to betray Emily.

6 Likes

Of course there are. They are symbolically linked to the 12 tribes of Israel, who are symbolically linked to the zodiac (during the exodus, they even arranged their camp according to the zodiac). The core symbology however are the 12 tribes, and when interpreting revelations based on Hebrew symbolism (which in my opinion really is the only valid way), there’s also little doubt that the 12 stars in the crown are the tribes.

NMS and WT have so far stayed well clear of real-world religious symbolism, so I wouldn’t go delving too deep into that hole. 12 as a symbolic number is ubiquitous and omnipresent in the Bible, you’ll never see the end of it.

2 Likes

There are 12 Glyphs needed to activate a Portal.

2 Likes

100%, and hence my insistence on “quality” sources. My real concern here is the potential for Sacramento as a live-drop location, or some form of in-the-real-world tie-in, involving “constellations” and the symbolic implications of “Sacramento.”

“I saw Sacramento” is an inherently oddly worded statement. We have no reason to believe it’s solely referencing the city.

As I said to @johnnycloud, Revelations gets quoted in all kinds of whacky things. There are as many interpretations of the meaning as there are of Nostrodamus.

And, whilst you may have studied a 21st century western Christian rationalisation of the verse, it is quite possible that the words came from someone who had been out in the sun too long, and had eaten too many magic mushrooms. We don’t actually know who this person was.

In any case, the actual meaning of the words is largely irrelevant to my case. The reason I mention them is because they may be being used as a pointer to something else.

3 Likes

^ That. 100% that.

I would just like to point out that we are on Command.Center.v12
which refers to the Myriad Dashboard

5 Likes

She was waking up from a nightmare, right? I interpret that to mean that she saw Sacramento in that nightmare, i.e. the place from which the corrupted data is being uploaded that almost killed her. Seems logical enough a formulation to me…

3 Likes

A little reminder of what we are brainstorming. What we know so far:

Audio Clip:

Emily Protocol 16 now active:
If I hate someone because I am afraid of him, and if I am aware of my hate but not of my fear, we might say that my hate is conscious and my fear is unconscious.

Hidden Morse Code in respective Left and Right stereo channels from Emily’s message above:

I awoke from a nightmare
Screams of anger engulfed in flame
and then 10,000 branching futures

I saw Sacramento
Twelve dreaming without sleep
Buried in a constellation

It’s written like a poem when set on new lines.

4 Likes

Ok, here’s my entire take on this:

Emily went to “sleep” at the end of season 1. Sleep is not really the right word. As far as I can make it out, those are her precognitive routines which she was mainly created for. Still, her conciousnes during that time is submerged. She is “dreaming” the possible futures, that’s how her precognition works.

She was attacked by Ware during that time, or at least by people in one Ware lab. Whether they intended to do so or not is not quite clear yet, but they’re running experiments on people, so they’re certainly not the good guys. In any case, their experiment disrupted the Myriad Network Emily had pretty much taken over, almost killing her. Again, whether this was an unintentional side effect of the experiments with the sleepers or whether the experiments were in fact an attempt to kill her is not clear yet.

Switching to NMS lore, I propose this as the reason that the Atlas is dying. NMS are emily’s precognitions of the far future, and the Atlas is a “dreamcarnation” of her, i.e. a subconcious routine that monitors the precognitions and experimentally interferes to create new possibilities.
There isn’t just one Atlas. There’s one in every universe, every possible future. They know nothing of each other, but they are all linked to Emily. Hence, they are all dying.

Back to WT: We have improved the situation so far that Emily is stabilising. Now she is waking up and regaining actual conciousnes (which she probably didn’t have since she went to sleep at the end of season 1).
She remembers the attack on her and is confused, afraid and angry, according to the article that she chose to hand us (She’s still not awake enough, or well enough, to actually interact).
And she gave us that message in morse, explaining us what is happening:

I awoke from a nightmare - she’s regaining conciusness.
Screams of anger engulfed in flame - She saw a horrible event in her dream
and then 10,000 branching futures - She saw the possible futures, but isn’t sure which one of them is coming to pass.

I saw Sacramento - She saw the WARE lab in sacramento where the attack on her originates.
Twelve dreaming without sleep - The 12 sleepers in the lab that are probably causing her predicament.
Buried in a constellation - This one is the puzzler, I guess. I don’t know what she means by this. Is the lab buried in a constelation? The dreamers? DOes she mean a literal constellation, or is it a hint at a more exact location?

Also, there’s the possibility that the sentences are associative. They were transmitted at the same time, after all. This would also be quite a logical association:

I awoke from a nightmare - I saw Sacramento (in the nightmare)
Screams of anger engulfed in flame - Twelve dreaming without sleep (The attack on her)
and then 10,000 branching futures - Buried in a constellation (still not much clearer)

In any case, those are my 2 cents. Well, 10 cents.

8 Likes