Help a fellow Traveller

Yeah…yeah… very funny @sheralmyst :rofl:… but she bypassed the sequence which had me waiting to guide her through the this-makes-this-makes-this steps. Somehow she went straight through…???
I’d never seen the reset sequence before so I was utterly baffled when all of a sudden she’s in Calypso with a busted ship. Eeek! Reload! Reload! :scream:
(I plan on getting her to the hub)
Anyway since that, Polo showed up again and decided to actually direct her to a Atlas Interface so I’m thinking we are back on track and it looks like black holes have reappeared…whew!
All a bit nerve wracking given the bugginess of NMS sometimes.

4 Likes

Well Crew I think Mad-Hatter and me are in the same Groundhog Day.

Did the Artemis part, got the portal codes, did the atlas reset part, portal end to bubble world, counted down the 16 , then flung to the Caribbean Galaxy, slowly rebuilding suit, multi tool, ship.

To top it off , the seed I left on my base so I would not loose it , got to the heart part.

No remember seed blue print up for offer to me either.

Now do I take a small ship into a black hole or the freighter?

I thnk I’m stuffed now.

Who has the freighter upgrades, warp engine stuff? I’ve only got 501 light year warp length so it’s going to take forever to get home.

Now this sucks if it’s like this.

You can find freighter warp drives in Gek spacestations. Have to have lots of nanites to buy them though. For freighter Sigma you need already 500 (plus 1000 Frost Crystals and a dynamic resonator) and this goes up for the other warp drives…

I have two now, Sigma and Tau. For Tau you need 600 Nanites, 2 dynamic resonators and 1000 Fungal Mould.

2 Likes

If you are in the next Galaxy then I have no advice other than to say good luck.
I restarted her back to the previous save to before getting booted into the next Galaxy and 2nd time around she refused the Atlas. Back home now.

Can’t take a freighter through a black hole so its the small ship only. Buy a junk ship that lands on your freighter so you dont wreck the gear on your teched-up ships.
Hunt for stuff as always and keep checking Gek Stations for warp stuff.
Safe travels traveller.

4 Likes

Thanks gang, you’ve confirmed my fear , I’m Lost in Space .

Yeah I’ve got a Beater to do the Black Hole thing.

If I find a portal , could I port back to my base ,

As for warp parts thanks again, I’ll hunt those Geks out and get my stuff together.

Happy Trails Crew.

Well I’ve done the Alice in Wonderland and Black Holed it, only took out a shield part, easy fix.

Seen my first S class ship, they look sexy as to, in its white and gold.

Now to find a Gek and make him squeak.

Well after a day at work, it dawned on me that I have the blueprint to rebuild the seeds, so all is not lost .

Well the gods are smiling, I have been able to remake all seeds and boom there waiting for me to install was Holy grail of seeds.

Well back to kicking some Geks to get my ship longer jumps.

How are you guys and girls going?

3 Likes

It is still the fissure…lol…glad it is working for her. I have never seen blackholes disappear before.

2 Likes

Tip:

When you need to buy …
Select Sell first …
Then hit W …
Go to item needed …
Ive noticed that the full amount is available …

2 Likes

Well this sucks, tried to build a few vaults in the Freighter only to be told, no due to have maxed out with my base.

I can’t get back to my base so I’m stuffed for expand in my Freighter and trying to make creds.

This sucks big time.

If I find another base on a planet, is it worth taking it, that would wipe out my old base correct?

Thanks Crew.

1 Like

Wherever you are in your freighter, jump into your ship, and call in to the space station. Go to the teleporter, and teleport to the top address. That will take you (and your ship) back to your base. Press X, and call your freighter. You, your ship, and your freighter, are back at your base.

Because you’ve just teleported from there, the teleporter at your home base system will remember the address of the system you just came from. When you’ve done your business, you (and your ship, and your freighter) can teleport back there from the space station in your home system.

2 Likes

Lol, well after doing the whole atlas 16 minutes, then the portal part , got kicked to calypso gal, all the teleports look like giant speaker.

Just like this one.

No jumping back home for me.

since you have moved to a new system, tis why speaker mode on teleporters, you can now put your storage units on your freighter

2 Likes

You moved to a new galaxy, so your old base is sadly gone :cry:

It sounds like the game still thinks it exists though. I would go find a base, anywhere it doesn’t matter, and claim it. It might reset whatever bug you have. Head back to the freighter and try again. I have never used freighter bases before, so that’s about all I can think of.

2 Likes

After I did the Atlas 16 minutes and portal, same happened to me. When I found a new base, I was able to reclaim some of the items from my old base but, not all.

3 Likes

Ok, time to re-base it is then . Bugger me .

3 Likes

Well Murphy’s law is alive and well in NMS,
When I had a base, I found heaps of new one to start, since getting relocate, and need to set up , it’s been Zip, Nada, Nope, Zero found.

The hunt continues in earnest, so if anyone can tell me where to find earnest, I’d be thankful to you.

On a lighter side anyone know where I get this Aminio Salt?( spelt it wrong I know ) is it a blueprint I need to find or mine? Or only get it when I open those barrel units?

I was able to install two of the freighter hyperdrive tech’s , just need the third one.

Well it late in oz, so I’ll bid you a great night/day.

Catch you later. Thanks heaps.

You can find habitable bases by using your signal booster. Once you build it and then interact with it, it gives you the option to locate a habitable base.

As for ammonium salt, it is a blueprint that you get from successfully solving a puzzle at a manufacturing facility or operation centre if you want to make them yourself. It will take 250 nitrogen and 25 carbon to make one. Another way to get ammonium salt is to complete a mission where they give it as a reward.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info, found a base on an extreme rad planet, fungus to grow outside.

Now to get my other bio domes made and get some cash going to upgrade and find the A salt blueprint.

Anyone know how to get a bio dome up in the air so you access it through the central ladder, that way you get to use all the planting space.

Can I build a round room put dome on to, then the ladder down to below, then delete the round room?

Any ideas on how to build a decent base?

Thanks Crew.

1 Like

A cylinder room with a dome on top with give you 16 plant spots. Can’t do it without a room below.
A dome with a doorway will give you 13 plants.
A dome with 2 doorways will give you 10 plants.
A series of corridor connected cylinders with domes on top works well or otherwise, a bunch of domes with a doorway will give maximum base yeild.
Colour coded ladders helps avoid getting confused.
Living glass is best bang for buck. A harvest every half hour. Set each dome up using the materials from each harvest to expand. Every 15 minutes get a sheet of glass to fill in requirements.

Should be able to grow gamma root outside on radioactive planet.
1 dome requires 5 glass, 80 titanuim & 2 living glass to build.
Each sheet of living glass requires 8 gamma root, 2 coprite and 5 frost wort. Fits in one full dome nicely if growing everything inside.
Hope this helps a bit.

3 Likes

Something like this?

The term “decent base” is subjective. Unless you’re looking to make a high efficiency farm, I suggest just having fun with it.

1 Like

Thank you for the information, yes I’ll be doing living glass and also explosives, I’m on a toxic plant.

As for coloured ladders, I coloured the whole buildings.

It looks good to.

Already pumped out 10 explosives and about 20 glass and ten living glass. So more fun tomorrow.

Thanks gang.

2 Likes