Help a fellow Traveller

I really want to buy a Freighter but it’s too expensive, how can I make my dreams come true, and my home are in the max builds how can I do for build more things?

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll give it a shot…
On land you can look up at the sky press the quick-menu controls and summon your freighter into low orbit.
Out in your ship you can also usually summon your freighter (like a mobile garage) so long as you are not to close to something. Works in other systems too and when summoned it wont use warp fuel.
@Polyphemus has covered the buying ships bit nicely but I’ll add that the last ship you were in is where your inventory swaps will go.

I recommend buying some old banger C class to use locally and for black hole jumping. That way, you have a trade in ship should something catch your eye when out and about, plus black hole jumping breaks technology which is annoying.
Eventually a nice big hauler will take its place because nobody upgrades them and you can pile tons of stuff in them increasing storage capasity…

Upstairs there is the pilot bridge where the warp controls are and up the stern there is an area you can build out like a base to use for farming or storage. Works the same as a base.

Freighters have a tech slot section like starships where you can instal warp upgrades as you acquire them.
To access the freighter storage to get stuff out you have to be on board.
That’s all I can think of…

1 Like

Use many domes for living glass to make money. Later on you can make a nice base. Living glass is best value for effort.

1 Like

I have a farm of living glass but I want to make bombs too, and my base is is the limit :frowning:

Less structures =more crops. If you are at the limit that’s all you can have. :man_farmer:

Thank you for the info Guys.

What’s with the blackholes?

I can’t find a few elements, so I’m doing a lot of planet checking.

One step at a time hey.

Again thanks for the advice. More fun for the weekend to come.

1 Like

Diving into a black hole will allow you to travel a much greater distance towards the galactic centre than you could using your warp drive. The down side is that diving into a black hole will damage your ship in some way.

3 Likes

Some ellements can only be found on certain colour star systems. That requires the starship theta warp drive. Other ellements can only be found through purchases with traders.
Good luck.

1 Like

@OldGrey, I suggestt you do not jump through black holes.
The problem is the distance you will travel, if you are not going to the center do not use them.
It is true that your ship is damaged.
If you have found crashed freighters? They tried to jump into a black hole.
Be safe … stay away from black holes.

2 Likes

Who can translate?

1 Like

It says
“HoloTerminus is no good. Cannot smell pheremones! Must visit together instead.”

3 Likes

“Must visit together instead”

Someone tried to visit one of those things in a group?

1 Like

No, its just a message between NPC characters you can look at. Not important and more there for amusement. There are quite a few to look through in total.

1 Like

The journey is the ability to head into the unknown.
To continue without despair.
Persistence, dedication to finding what exist.
Never ever lettng the thought that is can not be done to blur the goal.
Impossible is spoken by those living in a cube.

4 Likes

If your scientist is not working, perhaps you need to take his core to a building to get it examined. It is one of the missions to get the (new) scientist working again. You have to do this twice with the core, the second time at a Monolith. By then you will have the blueprint for the heat capacitor which is a necessary part of also making a circuit board (the other part is polyfibre, made from 100 cactus flesh and 200 starbulb)
The ingredients needed to make a heat capacitor are solanium and frost crystal. Do you already have a farmer? You have to get the blueprints for the plants from him and harvest 100 frost crystal and 200 solanium for the heat capacitor.

If you have the blueprints you can of course also go to several planets to gather the plants…

2 Likes

yes, but now with the technology slots you can at least protect your warpdrives at least and if you have enough slots also some other tech. So keep the easy to upgrade tech in the general section and the others in the tech section.

2 Likes

REMEMBRANCE CONFUSION (in my wife’s game).

In this game we have completed Artemis and while doing the PURGE mission, the glyph/counting icon in the lower right screen disappeared??? We said our farewells to Null etc. and a portal location appeared, The subsequent “reset” discussion occurred, we saw some coloured spheres on some pedestals and the next thing its kicking off in Calypso?? A hard save brought us back and we selected to “refuse” but what happened there?
There was no building of the REMEMBRANCE and no issuing of the SEEDs recipes?

I have a vague memory of my own game but am I missing something here?

Additionally there are no black holes unless Polo sends you to one but if you don’t use it, it disappears again.
With no Remembrance we cannot access the Space Station back-room Atlas info
Is this game broken or do we have to trigger the next steps or something???

1 Like

As I remember … the Atlas Path is where you get blueprints for crafting the heart of the sun. Just have you wife activate the Atlas Path in Log tab, go to the Atlas Interface stations one after another, and you’ll get all the BPs to craft the Remembrance Stone! At the end of the Atlas Path on the last interface, you’ll have to refuse to reset the simulation again.

2 Likes

That’s why I’m confused.
The only Atlas visits were the one via the missions and one brief look at a nearby one.
Second visit, it linked directly to the reset option. No seeds required it seems…?
I guess she’ll just have to start visiting Atlas interfaces while travelling to acquire the seed recipes and build REMEMBRANCE.
Thanks for reminding me about that bit.

As for the missing black holes…I’m stumped on that one. No black holes, no black hole roulette and therefore no Hub…

I didn’t even start the Atlas quest it until about 250hrs in because I was nervous about bugs and by then I had my S class freighter so I could simply jump from interface to interface and to theta-drive-required stars all in one very fast sitting. In no time, I’d done the seeds and the refusal to reset and was done.

1 Like

Remind yourself about Remembrance :laughing:

2 Likes