Help a fellow Traveller

Everything you place/build comes at a cost, this includes all plants/crops which count for 5 points. Native crops being outside/inside are no exception. You can check exact cost for everything you can build in the tables I created here.

4 Likes

@sheralmyst
Yes in my Home System there is a planer called Black Star, as it is permanently clouded and heavy thunderstorms are seen from space, I will make some screenies later!
On the planet you see small lighting sparks and hear thunders.

In Honor
Traveller101

3 Likes

Note to self!

When building and producing around the base, SAVE THE GAME.

Just got back on the ps4 after spending the weekend building and making product, we had a power cut and bugger me I’m back to Friday nights last save.

Well here I go again. Wish me luck.

2 Likes

At least you’ve had some practice now.
Version 2 will be better because it will include a Save Point…right? :grin:

Bumped the controller on my missus game the other night while putting it on charge…and…
She restarted to find her own grave in her front yard. Oops. :skull:

2 Likes

Oh, bugger, no loving after that, lol.

Yeah, I’m getting the glass gear ready first, then the circuit board stuff.

I have found the 5 pearls I sell make me about 90 G at a pop. A nice little earner.

Back to farming and building.

2 Likes

At the edge of the center and the path takes me to a single planet system, vy’keen system.
tis a bubble world.
off to find a good place

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard rolling thunder and occasional booming lightning that briefly brightens up the sky. But wandering around in boiling rains, I have to make sure my heat shield stays charged. :crazy_face: Its about then I start wondering if scanning for another star bramble is worth it.

4 Likes

What an amazing base farm design! Obviously pushes the limits. My current farm is focused on circuit boards. Loads of solar vines and cactus flesh. All my star bramble is growing outside. I’ll attach a pic as soon as I can.

Each of the four circles of star bramble has 15 plants. I used ‘carpet’ under the domes as a guide to plant in a circle. Easy to stand in the middle and harvest as you spin around. Total of 1,500 star bulbs per harvest. Everything else for circuit boards is grown inside. Each morning I harvest everything and craft 10 circuit boards.

Portal Codes

Galactic Codes

Just posted a video on my circuit board farm. If you’re planning a visit, you can get a quick preview.

6 Likes

That base was right on the limit due to the amount of glass and the size. Pumped out 9 circuit boards I think.
Worked really well as you just followed the loop around.
Got laggy though. I prefer smaller now.

3 Likes

That’s a very nice base, I didn’t realise you’d posted your pics.
20 circuit boards a harvest is a good earner. My current base is just 6 C.B. & a lubricant. (I horde the lubricant & then I sometimes stay around the base make some glass. Glass is an easy chore to do when I can’t actually sit to play but I can pop back every 20 minutes to quickly do a harvest.
Thanks for the pics.
Do you have a portal adress and mode for freeloaders to visit?

2 Likes

I’m doing the CB, living glass and explosives, getting a pack together then shoot to a space station and sell up. Should make about 50 mil.

Do this a few times and add aluminium and I may be able to buy a freighter.

Then it’s travel time .

I have been striping my base down to the minimal to get the maximum space for making stuff.

Too bad we can only have 10 vaults / containers, I could use 20.

Oh well back to the salt mines, lol.

3 Likes

lol we could all use more space,
they should make the vaults 48 slots!!!

P.S. some of us are pack rats!

4 Likes

Greetings! Yeah, the farm is quite a producer. Was going to start working on a video tour of my base, then I got blueprints that got me into atmospheric harvesting! Just sold 5 freighter fuels with my daily 20 circuit boards for a very satisfying total.

The portal is less than 15 minutes on foot from my base. So, with a nomad, you can make it pretty quick. I’m still working on navigating the best/quickest route from portal to base. Thinking about setting up a ‘race course’ with markers to guide visitors for ease rather than speed. Of course, you’re welcome to visit. Would like to be there to greet you and set up a monument honoring your visit … before you take off with harvested booty! I’ll post pics and portal address soon.

2 Likes

LNow that would be great, it’s the little thing you put in them, gases, hard to get resources, warp cells, etc.

Who use their vehicles as storage space too.

Yes pack rats has a ring to it.

QQ - if I build another nomad, on another planet, does the one at my home base disappear?

If you build up the terrain so you can put a bio dome on it and access it from a ladder in the middle ( maximum growing spots ) it would look funny but would be functionally best practice right.

Oh so many questions.

Found this website -

Hope it helps someone.

Catch ya later Crew.

2 Likes

How are we crew?

Well after a long 6 hours of walking over a planet, I feel like a kid at Christmas time.

I received the Atlas pass 3 blue print, yeah for that.

Then I had a chat to a Gek and he offered me a multi tool, class A, same spots as my old faithful one, so I updated.

Found some more blueprints to chemicals etc.

Went to another terminal and stuffed up the result, so I thought I would just go back to previous save point,
which was an hour ish from where I was at that moment, what the heck.

Next terminal I do gives me a crashed ship coords, it’s 10 minutes away, so why not, off I go and well I’m in shock
There is a 47 slot hauler there, I’m in a 37 slot atm, so I look at what I have, and decide to dismantle and take the 47 slotter. OMG talk about heaven, it took me to goes to get my stuff over but it was worth it.

So then I head home.

Arrive and everything is ready to harvest, I knock out glass, living glass, circuit boards, explosives.

Today was a good day for a walk.

Well this week end is going to be rework my multi tool and ship.

Also while on planet, during a night cycle, in the area of the local portal, I notice a flash of purple and blue, some one was calling home or turning up.

Catch ya later Crew.

4 Likes

When I was starting to read through, I kept thinking “wow what luck, I bet his game crashed”. I am glad it didn’t.

Congratulations on the great finds!

2 Likes

Thanks mate, yeah as they say all the planets were all in alignment yesterday.

It’s easy killing 60 mill on ship repairs.

Building bank up again.

2 Likes

Well I sort of stuffed up, I put a beacon at the travellers place , not the grave D’oh rookie mistake your thinking, what a goose hey.

Here is the gold lining to this story, I jumped out of the system and then jumped back in, headed to the beacon site - asked to questions got the Coords to the grave. So I made a hopper and boom off I go like the Leyland Brother (Google them you’ll see a bit about Oz ) about 20 minutes later after a few stops, I arrive at the grave, this time I put a beacon on the spot, plus I set a atmosphere harvesting machine ( why not hey ) I listen to the dead dude and get a Glyph .

So I leave again and then Groundhog Day happens, I go to the spot I have the hopper, at the travellers place, so I think I’ll ask this dude again and see what happens, guess what? no it’s not more money etc, it’s another grave.

So I hopper it to the first grave, then hopper it to the 2nd one, and boom two on the same planet , yes I did put another beacon there to mark it.

So with luck I’ll need to only visit three more time to get the whole 16 Glyphs.

Yes a win.

Here is the planet they are on.

Here is a picture off my screen of the two. Would other see the beacons or just me?

6 Likes

How are we all?

I purchased a Freighter today, not a Rolls Royce , but it does the job.

Now all I have to do is work out how to use it, plus lean how to purchase extra ships.

Who’s the best trainer on here?

Talk soon.

Thanks

Asking “who’s the best trainer?” is probably going to guarantee most people are too modest to reply.

I’m not the best trainer. But if you want to obtain extra ships, you can only do it from the hangar bay (parking deck) of your freighter.

When your freighter enters a new system, traders will start to visit you in their ships. You can buy these ships, just like you can at trading posts and space stations. But if you do it from your own freighter, you get the option to keep your old ship as well.

What many people (including myself) have found to be a useful tactic is to buy the cheapest shuttle you can find, and store it on your freighter. Then, during your travels, when you find really nice ships for trade, or a really nice crashed ship, you take the cheap shuttle, and use it as trade-in for something you really want.

You can have up to six of your own ships on your freighter, but I would advise against it. If you fill six parking bays with your own ships, the traders will stop coming.

It’s also worth considering that there’s currently no way to get rid of ships. You can swap or trade them, but you can’t reduce the number you own.

2 Likes