Help a fellow Traveller

Has anyone who has NOT finished the Atlas Purge mission, come across a rare/exotic planet yet?
I travel a LOT & I’m still only finding regular planets. Also, upon completion of this mission do you lose your base.. I’m a bit nervous…

1 Like

Hey @Mad-Hatter my home planet pre 1.3 was turned into a rare exotic planet (the hexagon one) after 1.3 update. I have since come across several variations before completing the purge mission, there are still some versions I have yet to see. Just keep visiting dead, uninhabitable, airless etc planets, eventually one is bound to be a rare exotic. I had a spell where I ran in to quite a few consecutively system to system.

As for losing your homebase, not sure, last time I journeyed through the center was before 1.1 :3 You can get to the end of the purge mission, and choose to “leave” which will reward you with all the same stuff (rememberance tech recipe etc) but allow you to stay in Euclid. You can complete the purge later if you so choose, but it requires you to manually make your way to the centre (the new purge path now teleports you there regardless of location in the galaxy, should you submit to the atlas. Makes that permadeth trophy very attainable now! Refusing the purge, allows you to reach the centre the old school way, but doesnt deny you rememberance)

Sorry if im repeating myself. I only discovered this recently, I thought you got rememberance for doing the atlas path and birthing a star, spent weeks thinking my game was bugged and was avoiding the purge. Turns out you get rememberance from the purge, whether you reset or not. Those rememberance terminals are juuuuicy!

3 Likes

I have paused just before the Purge, and I have found many exotic planets.

The system with my normal mode base has a floating mechanical sphere planet.

The system with my survival mode base has bone jack and a hexagon planets. Plus there is a single bubble planet in a neighboring blue star.

If you are in the old Galactic Hub or Spacing Guild area, I recommend stopping by to see the ones near my survival base. The address can be found on the spacing guild website: http://www.boomstickjoes.com/the-spacing-guild/index.php; the galactic coordinates can be found in @Oshoryu’s topic Calling all Euclid PS4 Players!

Another trick to finding them is to visit colored stars. I have had the most luck with red and blue.

2 Likes

Just want to chime in on this … I’ve also noticed a dramatic decrease in T9 since the 1.3 update. I remember a planet in my home system that I actually renamed T9 because it was practically covered with it! Back then, it was not unusual to find such T9 rich planets in many systems. No more. I also remember that Zinc was once difficult to find, but now a resource scan turns up mostly Plutonium and Zinc. Omegon was almost impossible to find, and now it’s available at many Trading Posts.

So, all this is a reminder that resources are not to be taken for granted. NMS is about exploring systems and warping to the center of one galaxy after another. T9 is required to make any progress. I’ve adjusted to this by keeping alert for T9 everywhere, and going out of my way to gather it and buy it whenever I can.

2 Likes

Agreed. Thamium9 is now the currency (gold-standard) of the universe.

I have noticed more abundance (small more frequent patches) of T9 on desert planets. I am not sure if this applies to all deserts but I have seen a couple of fellow CSD members state the same observation.

1 Like

You are correct. Prior to 1.3 T9 was common on barren planets. Not anymore. It seems like it moved to “desert” planets. 4/5 desert planets I visited recently had huge amounts of T9. The other other one had normal amounts. So that’s 2 people who noticed. Anyone else?

4 Likes

My thinking is the decrease of thamium 9 was to balance it out with its appearance as an additonal material in plutonium as well as other oxide based ores and minerals. Thamium has now become something you pick up as you gather other things. If you’re really stuck, just scan some plutonium and some rocks and mine the ones that give thamium. It’s slow but, combine it with trade stations and asteroid feilds in space and youll be swimmin in thamium.

Also I do think now, moreso than ever, as was emphasised during early development interviews, that the basic minerals are more abundant in their respective biomes. I too have noticed an increase of thamium on desert planets. I’ve also noticed a surplus of plutonium on frozen worlds. However I have also witnessed thamium rich areas on many planets biomes, an amount similar to the old atmosphereless planet pickup rate, that elsewhere on the planet, seemed to have basically none. So theres some contradicting reports that kinda make the whole thing a bit foggy.

Since the most recent patch that has seperate stock lists and repleneshing stock for trading posts, I’ve just been buying thamium instead of hunting it down. I’ve 200,000,000 in the bank so it’s literally costing me fractions of penneys to buy from traders in bulk of 400-600 at a time.

3 Likes

I have not found any for a long time.

1 Like

Yes I have just found three exotic planets in one system, not sure how common that is but I’ve not finished the purge yet

1 Like

My pre 1.3 base was about half way out from the center and a trade post I used was in the center. Before finishing the purge I messed up and lost my portal back to the center so I had to work my way back there… through probably 100+ warps I found maybe 5 total. The rare planets are sprinkled around but fairly rare. Since then I’ve explored most of a region and haven’t found a single one.
If this means there are less around the center of a galaxy or that they are spread very thin or I’m just in a bare rare planet region… who knows… but they are out there!

1 Like

Even after The Purge, I didn’t find any exotic planets until I jumped thru a blackhole. Maybe there are simply areas that have more.? I have encounted all of them (I think). I am following the journey to the center.

2 Likes

Time for me to start jumping big time, lol, checked and I have 655 warp cells, shees, anyone need some?

4 Likes

Why would you need so many? O_O
I think I used about a 100 to reach center in euclid.
I was combining fully upgraded freighter warp + black hole jump.
I did this after completing the atlas path, so that black holes become visible.

1 Like

to find the true center of the GALAXY!!!

6 Likes

Bon voyage! Would definitely love to read reports from your discoveries.
Would be interesting to learn about new game lore/content, comparing to what was discovered behind 255 galaxy previously.
Myself choose to stay in Euclid and maintain ETARC outpost near the center.

2 Likes

Non-yellow systems have higher chance to have exotic planets.
In fact i’ve never seen an exotic planet in a yellow system.
Look for systems with higher amount of planets.
I got the red system with three exotic planets of the same type.

2 Likes

Second reason: To find EMILY and destroy HER!!! muhahahahahaha

4 Likes

I don’t know where you are in the Gal , but I just found a planet with the Cymatygen in it.

Nongfan IX - planet Honyevs Nederpe.

Hope that helps

1 Like

Cool! I did finally find everyhting needed for Remembrance. The lore has been very interesting. :wink: Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Ok, what have I missed, I’m unable to find that in my roaming.

2 Likes