Games and Game-Related old and new

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Latest Space Missions (& Other Science Stuff)

3 Likes

I think we may need to split the AI debate to a new topic, don’t you think? @sheralmyst @DevilinPixy

4 Likes

I say we build an underwater amphitheatre for the debate. We shall call it Rapture! Where art and science debate, collide and create something new! Nothing, could possibly, ever, possibly go wrong. Also I think we can totally get adrenochrome from kids and gain super powers so lets bring a bunch down. No, I am not mixing my video games with online conspiracies again, Rapture is real! We just need to build it first.

TL;DR I don’t want to talk about AI anymore :cry:

Here’s a clip from a game I play with friends when not playing NMS, they were the only two left alive and still somehow managed to hold things together, for a while.

2 Likes

We have an off and on AI debate here

Carry on there if desired

3 Likes

I think I grabbed them all, :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

OMG. The watch, patch and box… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

No Mans Sky really needs a sandwich stealing feature. I’m not even joking I must covet and hoard sandwiches. They finally get me!

4 Likes

It was Sweetrolls in Skyrim…I wonder if there is a “I was an adventurer too until I took an arrow to the knee” character. :joy:

3 Likes

The fanboy from Oblivion is back anyway. I want to avoid taking that optional trait but I know the completionist in me will want to experience it.

2 Likes

That was just a callback to daggerfall…

The first thing that comes to my mind when hearing those words, are pillows… :rofl:
I guess I’m too old. Or too old-fashioned.

3 Likes

Due to my wild & reckless youth & coincidently busted up leg, this quote became a family playful tease on me. They even bought me a shirt with the exact quote on it under a sparta style helm.

3 Likes

After Microsoft spent a gen trying to turn most of its IP’s into live service always online games and then cancelling them before release, I thought we might never get a true Fable game again. I even thought Hogwarts legacy was like a true fable game except harry potter skin (haven’t played it yet though, try not to give WB money if I can help it. Don’t even get me started on Rowling :sweat_smile:)

How does one retain lionheads monty python approach to British humor? Hiring Richard Ayoade is definitely a great start :+1:

tumblr_ma9pn4NUco1qcanm1o1_500

Edit: had a look in to the devs, so often beloved franchises get signed off to third party studios that have been “in the industry for twenty years” but then you find out all they’ve made before this was a bunch of cash grab mobile games.

So I am relieved to see it’s not the case here. Playground Studios is founded by former codemasters/bizarre creations developers. Some of the greatest British devs and studios that sadly went down with the rest during recession. I think Bizarre also came out of Psygnosis who were as big as EA on the publishing side of things back in the ps1 era.

5 Likes

:rofl: I am so happy to see this! I loved the Fable games so much.

1 Like

I was more excited about Persona 5 Tactica, Persona 3 Reload and Metaphor from the XBox showcase. Altus has been on top of the RPG genre for me for awhile now.

With Fable, I can’t forget the eating of crunchy chicks to get your evil-up…just to open a few doors.

1 Like

Honestly, I never understood Fable. I had the first one, expecting it to be similar-ish to something like Morrowind or Gothic at the time from all the hubbub around it. What I got was a straight-forward hack-and-slash with overblown character customisation that I didn’t care for. It was fun enough, I even finished it, but found it had zero replay value and never looked at the series again since hack-and-slash aren’t quite my thing, and for the times when I feel that urge, the original diablo is still plenty to satisfy it… :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I always keep a few baby chicks in my back pocket on a night out in case I’m refused entry.

2 Likes

Yeah. The first one was lacking. The later ones were much better. It’s the baudy nature of the humor…

1 Like

Peter MolynYou really need to stop talking about features that your programmers don’t even know about yet in interviews.

Sean Murray had the same problem as poor ol Peter, their excitement for video games and their potential always gets the better of them in interviews when they shouldn’t be day dreaming <3

1 Like

I am watching the starfield Direct parts that I missed, and before that segment there was a city building game, with a tag line formatted similarly to NMS’ “every planet procedural” but it was “every street … every city … every bridge… hand placed by YOU” or something of that sort, did anyone else spot that little teasing? :smirk:

1 Like