Hunt a God.
Save Your Soul.
Available April 3, 2018

https://eternity.obsidian.net/

5 Likes

looks at title

Nope nevermind

5 Likes

Hahah! Maybe I should get around to finishing the first one…

That said, I’ve learned my lesson around crowdfunding. I have been disappointed by the final product more than once, so I just don’t do it any more.

The game, so far, looks good. We’ll see.

Also I hope they make it a completely new game and don’t simply update the one I already have on Steam.

2 Likes

Did you mean the title of this post? or the title of the game being crowdfunded?

I think the “only” in the post title is a little divisive, but I don’t believe @zsigmond meant it to be that way.

2 Likes

Title of the post. I’m almost 15.

4 Likes

it was a joke and since you want confirmation it give you that confirmation of the OLDS SCHOOLERS ONLY is for those whom know what it is for and confirmation that old schoolers title is for those of us whom were actually schooled in the old school buildings that use to be the fallout shelters built in the 40/50 and lasted well into the 70’s.

was the above confusing? lol

:beer:

2 Likes

Was a bit disapointed by the 1st one. I don’t say that’s a bad game, but the difficulty is not “crescendo”. At the begining it’s a pain, in the middle ok, later you just walk on opponent’s heads. I didn’t by the DLC I had more fun with Divinity Original Sin.

But i’d prefer a wasteland 3 :grinning: (or a true Fallout but with bethesda…)

2 Likes

Don’t be fooled by the “Old” in Old-Schoolers. ;`)

I hope you know that all ages are welcome here as long as we treat each other respectfully. I’m glad you spoke up. That’s important.

1 Like

Yeah, I love this website because of the fact that people don’t talk to me differently becoming sad of my age. It’s been a big problem on YouTube.

1 Like

Trust me, if you want to see real age discrimination at work, try telling most gamers that you’re in your mid sixties.

4 Likes

Ha! I never really thought of that. I wouldn’t think it would be a problem being older. If I was playing a game like Overwatch or Destiny and I met someone of that age, I would be impressed that they’re still playing. I wouldn’t even care about their skill level either. :laughing:

2 Likes

As an older player I find I’m inclined to appreciate crisp graphics more than younglings do. They expect clean graphics as its always been that way for them.
For us oldies who’ve watched the graphics progression, particularly the 3D open world stuff, its been a delight.
I find I study the trees, grass, vehicles, buildings, sky & horizon quite a lot before I settle into the tasks of gameplay.
It seems a pity to just start charging around and not soak up the ambience that the creators spent months or years perfecting.

8 Likes

…or rapidly closing on 70… >.> :grin:

3 Likes

Another Year, Another Wrinkle.

The year is 1956. Here is a little boy, fishing for sticklebacks with his dad.

Fast forward sixty-two years. Somehow, the little boy has turned into this ageing roué.

Today Is My Birthday.

For many years, I’ve promised myself that I would play this record on the appropriate birthday, if I lived that long.

And I did. So here it is:

Some people fear growing old. I don’t - I think it’s great. I mean, what’s the alternative?

Enjoy your lives, everybody.

14 Likes

Happy Birthday Poly.

2 Likes

I still can’t get past the fact that Baldur’s Gate style RPGs are considered “old school”. I still remember them as “the new wave”.

Oh… just realised that Old thread is old. Happy birthday, Polyphemus

2 Likes

Happy Birthday @Polyphemus! More than a touch of the great Sir Ian McKellan about you!

From this moment onwards I will read your happy/serious/wise/helpful posts in the voice of Gandalf, and any that do not fall into the above categories, in the voice of Magneto.

Yes I remember Baldurs Gate, and Neverwinter Nights, but does anyone remember Landstalker on the Sega Mega-Drive?

3 Likes

Happy birthday @Polyphemus!!

Damn you posted one on my favourite Beatles song! What a coincidence!! :open_mouth:

Have a good day!!! :v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey, happy birthday @Polyphemus. I hope you’ll get your bottle of wine :smiley:

2 Likes

Happy, Happy Birthday, @Polyphemus!! :balloon:

2 Likes