Future Update Speculations

I made a joke when PT asked what was in the background in this part of the video (in post above) and I said, “Amiibo”. But, it would be awesome if we could have amiibo and they could be companions, or give a QS item.

3 Likes

if there was a way to also use said nfc chip on the other platforms than sure, why not.

4 Likes

I wonder if switch players will get a special helmet like xbox players did.

2 Likes

I can’t even imagine No Man’s Sky on Nintendo Switch… INFINITE HAPPYNESS.

4 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face:

keeping your word is hard sometimes
less than 10 days to see if worth it lol…

SIGH.
2 days left… just got fed a bunch of excuses…thinking I’ve been played lol. At least I didn’t leak it on Reddit or something to just learn later it was some dudes guess work…

3 Likes

The expedition ends really soon, and so will (most likely) the community mission.
Thing is, HG disabled normal QS missions from contributing to the Community Mission count this time around, so that only expedition hand-ins would affect the counter. So, we will definitely get some sort of update whenever tier 5 ends in order to revert that lock on QS mission progress counting towards the Community Mission counter.

5 Likes

5 Likes

I’m not sure if they are having a teambuilding right now. https://twitter.com/Kate_Houlton/status/1545427008192233475?s=20&t=5O3jIdXC3M-G4oe4Ix-rWQ

6 Likes

Perhaps looking at the past lore can point to future lore?

The video below by Kanaju points out several points that I had skimmed by or overlooked.

5 Likes

I love this! It’s so nice to see these missions summed up because there is no way to replay some of them. Nice video…I feel creeped out. :dizzy_face: :smile:

3 Likes

Real beautiful picture to compare with the JWST image today by Paul Weir.
Also, each speck a galaxy? Does that apply to the NMS pic too Paul? :eyes:

2 Likes

I think it’s kind of the point that it doesn’t. Sounds like he’s asking the universe not to upstage them by such a ridiculous degree.

3 Likes

:grin: yep.

I do wish that galaxies in No Man’s Sky could display as maybe edge-on disks in the night sky. Likely wishful thinking, though.

That might require a mix of “plotted” and “positioned” elements.

3 Likes

I would think it would be entirely possible since the sky in NMS is actually displayed on the inside of a bubble that surrounds each system. Not that I know about these things programming wise, but I have flown to the edge of the systems and find that I gradually slip to one side which seems to indicate it is a round surface.

4 Likes

Of course, the Galaxy Map from your starship should not show these since they are not reachable that way.

Maybe, eventually, we will be able to open a universe map and navigate that way too.

Or perhaps we really should have a Multiverse map. Oooo.

OK, now I’m getting excited. :grin:

A Universe map becomes available only after meeting select criteria. A Multiverse (multi-dimensional) map then becomes available after more criteria are met.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be too hard, I think. The major issue right now would be that they don’t actually have a location, they’re just instances, but that would be relatively easy to fix.

5 Likes

SM is back…not sure why twitter no longer shows the names any more? Is it the same for everyone?

5 Likes

Yep. No name.

3 Likes

It’s so Elon Musk can’t see who the bots are.

Got to get that cash!

3 Likes

I think discourse on this website has been updated or changed because I can no longer get this site to work on Firefox 86. It just says it’s out of date (well, it is almost 1.5 years old, sooo very old).

4 Likes