Forums new design

@Virakotxa. I was finally used to the creepy Geiger face and now this is a whole new kind of creepy. Well done sir.

Liking how everyone has decided to replace their avatars now we have a new themed home.

4 Likes

Not seriously is the best way to take anything?
Seriously now… Has anyone seen @toddumptious lurking lately? Together with Emily’s, those are some strong voices to be heard on what they think about the new “pink-floyd” look… Anyone could be next!! They are going for the hearts!

2 Likes

Shades of Purple

@OldGods @Anashel,

Ultimately…

I think it’s awesome that you found a way to keep links blue.
Familiarity means, “It’s a link, no question about it.” :link:
You swapped white to grey, to shades of purple, so it seems.

It seems like it resembles Tyrian purple for the header. And Pansy purple for the editor.
And I guess perhaps the body falls somewhere between. Close enough for rocket science.

Links are now sky blue. Notifications are rust orange. Basic tabs are olive w/ gold.
In fact, even scroller & such are now teal. And somehow everything seems to work.

And since we’re spinning the color wheel, so glad you found a purpose for green. No color says outdoors adventure more vibrantly… I mean, well I uh, unless @Emily dreams otherwise, of course. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I now just want to mix this forum in a blender. Admire it.
Call it a “Tropical Berry Fruit Slushy”.—Slurp n’ savour. :rainbow:

4 Likes

I like to think I helped, even a little

1 Like

You see my friends, what we now behold is…

The Sophisticated Flavour of the Bubbly Infinite

No warning? — One sip. :cocktail::champagne: That’s all it takes.

Fragreance of royalty, delectable passion, vintagey retro with a rustic :zap: BUZAM!
And if anyone of us have anything against pinks n’ purples, let us hold our tongues… in cheek.
You see we have to go back to the beginning, where it all started. {{checks date on wine}}

Quoting @Emily“We in all our collective wisdom chose pink.” …click to see.

You see, the choices we made really did matter. But I like it. :drooling_face: Every last drop.

Dude’s final words…

“It takes a real man to wear pink!”

…and don’t you forget it, lol.

@OldGods @Anashel,

I’m on desktop. And when I click “Forums new design” directly from “ETARC (now Atlas CSD) was down. How did you feel?” thread… Instead of arriving at intended link “https://forums.etarc.org/t/forums-new-design/3172/1” it takes me to “https://forums.atlas-65.com/clicks/track?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.etarc.org%2Ft%2Fforums-new-design%2F3172%2F1&post_id=32625&topic_id=3162”… Which displays blank.

Just making you aware.

1 Like

What browser are you using @Crimsontine, or possibly mobile device? I am not having that issue on Chrome, although the hyperlink in the post itself, does have the old Etarc link, I do get re-directed properly:

<a href="https://forums.etarc.org/t/forums-new-design/3172/1">Forums new design</a>
1 Like

I’m still lurking, just been on 6 day weeks for the last forever so no time to leave intricate comments or post fun time pics from 1.3 ventures :frowning: I love purple. It’s my favourite colour. But not the sorta vibrant purple in the body of this text entry field. I don’t overly mind it either, though it is an attack on the senses where as ETARC look was chilled and with a hint of calm blueness. It’s got my approval anyway, havent been using it enough to notice any colour clashes with links or anything etc

4 Likes

I only realised just recently as I mainly use my pc to view the forum but on my old ipad (3), with the marginal difference in how it interprets shades of colour compared to pc (in no need of monitor calibration) the pinkish tone used on the left for indicating how many replies on that device, I really can’t see too well. Still I would say that’s quite a small issue overall…

…and other than that, can confirm that I too had noticed your absence @toddumptious (as well as @Shota and her equally revered nms-brain, for whom life has perhaps also become more busy, may she return!), gets like that doesn’t it from time to time but nice to see you back :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yeah, that purple, as in the number of likes, is still almost invisible on mobile. Wish the really visible orange was used on that more useful info. Or exchange the Grey and the pale pink and just get rid of it.

2 Likes

On the orange yes, that would be great!

:tangerine:

2 Likes

The new shade for me is enough. :tophat:
Those hearts though… It’s not very intuitive to check if you have personally showed love for said post or not. Instead of between purple and salmon, I’d try something that looked like a wound on the world. Crimson and ragged-edged, like something that once lived but was then torn asunder…? :heartpulse:

4 Likes

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2DvBgkDHGx7dllQUWJseHAyRVk

…?

2 Likes

Let’s try having like/link/report and other “buttons” in yellow/orange coloring. Dark versions of those colors.

2 Likes

@oldgods @Anashel
Now when I try to go to this forum on my Playstation 4 it says “The PS4 does not have the CA root certificate provided by the server” and if I try to load it anyway, it is still a blank white screen.

3 Likes

You do all those streams and upload everything with a play? I get you use a keyboard of sorts… But don’t you get the same issue when doing other browsing through that… thing?

2 Likes

I’m actually amazed with how much MacForADay gets done using the ps4 browser, guy is a legend!

5 Likes

The PS4 is a pretty impressive bit of equipment considering. Certainly has come a long way from the first PS. No you can’t beat a custom PC for big stuff but the PS4 is properly capeable within reason.
NMS plays beautifully on PS4 & with a decent screen, the graphics are excellent.
Full respect to @MacForADay for his efforts & actually demonstrating how a PS4 can really be used.

5 Likes

I love this theme

2 Likes

Hi @DevilinPixy :man_technologist:t4::woman_technologist:t4:

…and also using Chrome.

Appeared to be a clickable internal link “redirect issue” from ETARC to Atlas CSD between threads.
A few days later I’ve tryed it again, also in IE…

However… @OldGods @Anashel @Discourse :man_technologist:t4::woman_technologist:t4::man_technologist:t2::woman_technologist:t3: …fixed it. :clap:t3:

Or perhaps the percolating “flavours” of the “bubbly infinite” are alas wearing off.
Crim’s vision of Atlas in the :grapes: grape vineyard. :wine_glass::champagne: “One sip. That’s all it takes.”

2 Likes