Expeditions 6 - Blighted

If you remain in galaxy 90, beware, you cannot work the Living Ship quest since it requires a Euclid address…

3 Likes

Really? Given that we didn’t start in Euclid, that suggests it won’t work in our starting galaxy either. I haven’t finished the expedition yet so I’m still there, and my void egg did trigger the start of the quest (I didn’t bother following it though).

4 Likes

Well you can develop all the parts but the final step is thru a portal to the address in the void egg description which reads EUCLID EUCLID EUCLID across the bottom. Input it into a portal and you get the corrupted approximating destination message. I did not step thru. May try it later just to be sure it does not work…
CONFIRMED does not work

7 Likes

Well, easier said than done for a casual player who loathes combat, hence is no good at it. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Arrr space pirates got me thinking of…

5 Likes

Find a Nice sized settlement, kill shield barriers, and comms units to prevent more spawns on each wave, basically use the settlement as a wall between you and most of the units.

This way you take on 2-3 at a time until the big guys show up, took me about 4 tries, as I am rusty in NMS.

4 Likes

(facepalm) I cannot believe that just today I found that you can harvest the red parts of the hazardous gas plants separately from destroying the whole and gain a lot more O2. Sigh.

You do have to get within the plant’s “blast radius” to harvest (interact with) the red “bulbs,” but it’s worth it.

6 Likes

Wait, what?! :hushed:

4 Likes

the toxic one? really?..i never knew that either…

5 Likes

The outdoors ground type, not the cave type.

Something disturbing…
YouTuber Captain Steve claims that if you want to interact with an NPC at a pirate side station, you have too look at their groin! :scream:

3 Likes

Cool discovery.
What about the Clappy? (Venus-fly-trap type).
They’ve got a red ‘lure’.
Does it work on them too?

5 Likes

Yes. This has been a personal challenge side game for me. It is possible to pluck these O2 filled bulbs without getting clapped. The puffers are a bit trickier since you have multiples to pluck and you need to time it to be done before the puffers explode.
A question I have is, why are the hazardous puffers, snappie and clappies scanable but not the noxious plumers in the caves?

4 Likes

Yeah. Just pointing the scanner at one activates it. :confused:

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a fun game, steal the oxygen bubbles from the mean plants. :laughing: The yellow poisonous ones in caves also have two interactions, either you can mine them or pick them close up with gloves, for either Natrium or oxygen.

Only with the long rolled up ones that slap me I haven’t found such an interaction…?

3 Likes

Snappies…you can’t sneek up on them. They hide and sneek up on you. We have a thread dedicated to that here.Snappies & Other Interesting Plant-life
Way back, we had the great snappie hunt. We found groupings of 2, then 3, then 4 and finally, I found a grouping of 5. Nowdays, they seem to be far less common and farther apart.

4 Likes

You mean the Cave Warts? ;`) Yeah I always wondered that as well.

2 Likes

Being able to start a fresh new Expedition save for Blighted, is restricted to 48 hours prior to ending of it’s season timer

5 Likes

I like the new space combat, but phase beam/rocket launcher combo might be a bit OP…

2 Likes

I teleported from one base to another, and lost my entire inventory. it’s four days since I last made a hard save, and the teleport wiped my soft save. Very annoying.

9 Likes

Ah, automatic garbage collection! finally! :rofl:

8 Likes