Expeditions 6 - Blighted

I think that I got the Base Computer after I finished the fourth Mission in Phase 5. It just showed up on the screen that I now had the blueprint.

3 Likes

I have watched videos of people fighting the new sentinels. They hit them two or three times, and the sentinel dies. They fight the sentinels one at a time - most of them stand off, and only one or two are actually shooting.

When I fight the sentinels, I have to empty six or seven ammunition clips into one to bring it down. I’m lucky if ten plasma balls will kill one. In the meantime, they’re all firing at me. While I’m fighting the one in front of me, the other eight are all shooting me in the back. It’s like I’m playing on ultra difficulty level - except there’s no such setting.

If, by any quirk of fate, I managed to beat all the sentinels in a wave (I did it once, after being killed 5 times), they send down sentinel ships to attack me on the ground. They don’t stop.

If I get in my ship and fight them, my ability to land is disabled. I have to keep flying, and fighting. If I beat the ships, another, larger, tougher wave comes. I can’t stop fighting, and eventually they kill me.

The only solution I’ve found is to fly into space, and run away. Eventually I can lose them that way. But it’s no fun trying to explore a planet or build a base when that sort of thing happens every few minutes.

4 Likes

Ah yes, if you fight from your ship, you cannot land and if it happens to be sentinels that you are fighting they just keep coming. I run to the space station. I am wondering if it is supposed to be this way.
I was referring to the Pirates earlier, not the sentinel waves. It was tough in the expedition. I had only a boltcaster so I stood inside a manufacturing facility and lured the buggers inside…still had to fight the dogs and the walkers though. It was tough.

2 Likes

I personally find the sentinels very easy to deal with untill the mech and walker come out. If you keep a fair distance away, the sentinels hardly fire at you. And when they do, the speed of their projectiles are just slow enough that they miss if you keep strafing. You even get enough time without hits for your shields to recharge fully on their own. The dogs close the distance quicker but dont attack much. one or two hits with a paralysis mortar and about 2-3 magazines of the shotgun and its no longer a problem in seconds.

When the mech comes it actually gets a little harder as it closes the distance on you if your too far and it has AOE weaponry so you have to either get some distance from the drones and stun him while using a shotgun or use a blaze javelin with the stun upgrade. The mech wont be able to even get a single shot on you.

3 Likes

HG is definitely upping the game with the varied weapons and using them to your advantage. I never bothered with others on my ships until now. It definitely adds some needed depth to battle.
And the paralysis mortar…yes…my favorite now. Can buy you some much needed time.

3 Likes

I found a deserted building on a high Sentinel planet. Stayed just inside the doorway for the most part. Sentinels and their support would come in but not shoot. I used an upgraded Scatter Blaster on them and it worked well. Too well. I found that I had to actually go outside in order to keep the waves going. Everything else got upgraded Boltcaster rounds. Couldn’t figure out how to use the Paralysis Mortar in time.

4 Likes

In a way, this is just what it would be like if we were ‘reset’. Wake up, things feel familiar yet somehow different. You remember how to do some things but have forgotten others and have very few tools on hand for dealing with whatever is coming. So you hurridly prepare as best you can and have to improvise along the way. I really like it.

2 Likes

It’s good that you like it, because Mr Putin is only a button’s press away from granting your wish.

3 Likes

Well, let me clarify, I like it in game. Not so much in real life

5 Likes

Just finished. Had to push due to limited time but I really enjoyed this one. Found a couple of crashed ships early on which really helped.

Love the new ships & other features of this update. Wish I had more time to play.

For those NOT into combat, I learned 2 useful tricks along the way:

• Sentinels can’t use their shields underground so taking out the little doctor-bot is simpler & dispatching a whole group is easier.

• The Photon Cannon with a couple of ‘S’ modules makes short work of enemy ships if flicking through weapon types isnt your thing or you haven’t set your ship up enough yet.

• Also, a third thing I noted is the squadron works better if you choose smaller pointy fighters. They don’t get in the way as much in a dog-fight.

Anyway. Had a ton of fun.
Looking forward to jumping into my main game & bringing it up to spec in this dangerous new universe.
Black Market goodies do fetch a nice price if you know how to slip them into the regulated systems :wink:

8 Likes

Posted today on NMS FB page

4 Likes

Nada, he snickered punningly.

4 Likes

@Mad-Hatter : Not sure I’ll have time to play, but great tips for those who don’t like combat (me). Thanks.

4 Likes

Good rule of thumb when fighting the waves of sentinels: take out the 1- summoners (triangle shaped) 2- healers (smallest sentinels) 3- the combat sentinels. One the mech shows, do the same, keeping the mech for last. Once the walker shows up, same again but skip the mech and focus on the walker. When it goes down, so does the mech.

6 Likes

Thanks for the tips, but seems near impossible…im now going to grind trying to get a S class multitool and reinstall/upgrade everything again

3 Likes

It helps if you can step inside a building but step back out before the “searching” timer reaches zero because that will restart the whole thing. If you take down all the waves until the chicken walker shows, there will be no sentinels when you reach the pillar. If, for some reason there are, ignore them and take out the 3 protective cores and then access the panel to shut them all down. You can then access the panel again to get the MT and finish the mission

5 Likes

Thanks, ok will try that :slightly_smiling_face:

[spoiler] Is the chicken walker the one carrying the location to the sentinel pillar?

Edit: doh! :man_facepalming: so i randomly started expanding the sentinel salvaged glass shards to see if i could make more money to get a better multitool…2nd one i expanded gave me the boundary map for sentinel pillar :exploding_head: i had it already from the sentinel waves had fought and abandoned previously , i only once got the sentinel walker wave but never defeated it, had to run away… go figure… :crazy_face: [/spoiler]

3 Likes

I knew that Blighted ended with being transported to a new galaxy. But I only just realised that it started in a new galaxy, too.

I am playing on after completing the expedition tasks. I am now in Paholiang galaxy. However, all my saved teleporter addresses from earlier on in the game refer to Umirpaiya galaxy, and not Euclid, where I just assumed I was.

8 Likes

…and just like that its over…

Very interesting , i have never left euclid, gave up trying to get to the center was just too much of a grind, so its a nice way to give the experience to more players and try encourage some to move away from euclid…now to find more pirate gateways…

4 Likes

I am setting up shop in the Unbarn-Rorec System on planet Alirajhal. Very nice weather and lots of critters. Feel free to visit.

9 Likes