Expeditions 3

Announcement from Sean:

The long-awaited Expedition 3, Cartographers, is just around the corner. Join in this latest seasonal event which starts all players in the same place and, as the name suggests, focuses on planetary mapping and exploration. Players will start their adventure with a technologically unique ship which requires bespoke materials to repair. They will need to thoroughly explore their starting world to escape the toxic atmosphere of planet Gisto Major.

9 Likes

Items are ready…

11 Likes

Coming tomorrow! Sept 8. HG gave the all clear to announce it. Not entirely spoiler-free. (Hopefully accurate)

10 Likes

If anyone is interested in the badges, milestones, and carry over reward, i have updated wiki with some inital info. Expedition Patches - No Man's Sky Wiki
the milestones are hidden by default, because you know…spoilers…

10 Likes

Startup NMS.
Select mono or multiple player.
Select empty save.
Select Expeditions.
Hold down on E key.

6 Likes

Expedition - Season 3 countdown timer :link: (JSFiddle)

4 Likes

Expedition 3 is live

3 Likes

Anybody else having crashes?

2 Likes

With like 80% of the player base storming the gates right at opening time, I wouldn’t expect anything to run very stable. Just give it a while. Though I guess in this expedition people aren’t going to scatter through the systems, so I wonder if their servers will be able to take it…

4 Likes

6 Likes

It’s started!

6 Likes

Hmph… Update installed in GoG, but expedition shows as completed and cannot be started. Has the same image as it has for Polyphemus, though.

4 Likes

Well I hope it’s started, because I’m playing it.

I remember this happened to some people with the last Expeditions. You need to make sure you have an online connection, and sometimes you need to wait a bit.

6 Likes

It worked after restarting the game… Now I can’t play though, kids are back from the beach.

3 Likes

Good grief! They did not want this one to be easy. I am a tiny Gek, hideous terrain, started underwater…I immediately adopted a pet to ride. Makes things a bit easier.
Edit: I don’t think I am going to make it. Things are not going well for me. I cannot keep enough O2 on hand and the items I put into my ship repairs, have disappeared like I never repaired them… :worried:

7 Likes

I’m yet to start but I’m expecting it to be a serious challenge.

2 Likes

Now that would be a first for this game! :smile:

3 Likes

It is NOT easy!
This is how it started for me

and the terrain is very difficult with a starter jetpack.

I strongly suggest snagging a pet, especially if you are a tiny Gek.

5 Likes

Ok…tried to start on PS4 but the menu option is just sitting on ‘Downloading Data’…?
Is PS4 Exp.3 not live yet?

Edit:
““Patch 3.64 has not yet been released to consoles. We will bundle all the expected 3.64 fixes with this hotfix and release for all console platforms as soon as possible.””

I guess us PS4ers are waiting for a bit… :sleeping:

3 Likes

Ahhh nope?! It’s working now.
Well…here I go. :grimacing:

3 Likes