NMS Expeditions

I am happy to report that you can turn OFF MP and still work these missions.
Step 1: Find your ship

Step 2:Find your ship :rofl:

Of course, you know this is just a way to make us…START OVER… :scream: :laughing:

My summary so far, in MP, you are basically starting a new game while surrounded by others who may well attempt to steal your refiner and all that is in it…(correction:this was a glitch which is now fixed)
In singleplayer, it is a way to start a new game with quicker rewards . Completing step 2 rewarded me with the Geobay blueprint.

14 Likes

Dragonfly Dancer is now Dragonfly Limper. Gained a motor mount but lost a wing.

3 Likes

Summary

4 Likes

Make sure to report the change for the explorer ship you had, but now changed due to the update. Best to include a save file from before and after the update, including the name of the ship so HG knows which ship you are talking about. Pictures from before/after are useful as well.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t expect there to be a difference in the save file. Probably the only thing related to the ships looks in there is the seed.

Still no expeditions on GoG, which is a bit frustrating considering they’re already pushing patches to steam. Or is the entire update still on experimental branch on steam?

3 Likes

In the save it would indeed be the ship seed, which I can imagine to be useful to quickly check and see where the issue in generation may be coming from.

Xbox / Gamepass only just received the new update as well. Not all platforms have updated yet, although I expected GoG to have joined by now. The patch they pushed on Steam is 3xperimental only for now, likely to be pushed to public and all platforms some time soon, possibly with some additional hotfixes.

4 Likes

Ah. Then they’re probably going to push GoG with the full public release.

Without a doubt. I guess what I wanted to say was that there wouldn’t really be any difference between a before and after save.

1 Like

Sorry, I should have been clearer I guess. The new Expeditions update has been pushed to public, but was followed by an 3xperimental hotfix update not too long after due to crashes. The hotfix is yet to go public or release to all other platforms (the usual Steam 3xperimental try-outs for fixed issues).

Ah yes, you are most likely correct.

4 Likes

Busy flyer planet

4 Likes

Any news yet on whether the new features can be played single player or not?

5 Likes

I’m playing single player right now

5 Likes

Ok, the game just ended the Expedition with the message that time is up.
I’m sure this is some weird glitch and I have reported it as such - I’m on Xbox

Edit: I’m disappointed as I was having fun unlocking things with the milestones and had just gathered enough cash for microprocessors and wiring looms

Edit 2: Cannot select an expedition, says it is unavailable

5 Likes

I cant even play. went for a walk, got in and ate some food while taking a peek at a few vids… and when i tried to play i got “unavailable offline”…

2 Likes

That is what mine now says

2 Likes

Oh dear lord, the update was pushed directly to the master branch on GoG, bypassing experimental.
If you’re on GoG, you have to disable the beta channel in order for the update to start downloading! :man_facepalming:

No… No, I got that wrong. It downloaded the companions update when I disabled the beta channel, it seems. confused.

2 Likes

I went into my main save (out of a habit) thinking that the new missions would be in the anomaly, and then it just crashed to desktop (many mentioned this issue in the stream forums).
And I have no free slots. Do I have to delete one?

4 Likes

Looking on steam “discussions”, you’re not the only one.

3 Likes

The 3xperimental steam patch is addressing the crashing issue. Will give it a run thru later tonight. I also crashed while trying to get my ship off the ground. Crashing is happening across all systems.
As for the unavailable offline message, I started the game with mp enabled then disabled it once in the game. However, I remained connected to the internet the whole time.
Edit: I quit and then went back into the game. The missions had moved onto phase 2. I was able to fulfill one part of phase 2 but have to quit again.
It is very difficult to move forward in these missions without help from other. Of course, I believe that is the idea.

5 Likes

Oh thank goodness! If it were only for MP, I wouldn’t bother. Haven’t had time yet. It may have too wait for the weekend

I am again impressed by how many enhancements are included. Hello Games continues to have my respect and admiration.

2 Likes

Yes, you will have to delete a save. Expeditions is a new game mode, requiring a separate save, which will turn into a ‘normal’ game mode save once finished.

2 Likes