NMS Expeditions

I think the build was recently done on gog No Man's Sky - GOG Database
I’m not sure if you can download it in GOG galaxy yet though.

Edit: I just checked, it’s downloading now.

6 Likes
5 Likes

After playing the new update through for a bit I realised that 2 of my ancient wishlist items had been ticked off.

I just want say a big thanks to Hello Games for including those couple of features into this new update. I know it’s very unlikely that HG ever actually read through our wishlist threads but I still felt like acknowledging it.
Also, I’m very happy that solo play is still being supported in these updates & that MP is still an option allowing us to choose. :+1:

6 Likes

I am enjoying this mode alone. I have returned to find the bases others built and I am able to cash in on things they put out like the blueprint analyzer and refiners. Found a celestial archive soon after and bought a planetary chart. Made a good find in the ruins the chart led to. Traded that find at the archive and boom! I have 4mil jingling in my pockets. :grin: That gained me some more units as a reward for fulfilling an achievement. Only 1 hour into playing.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Twitch Drops campaign is now LIVE! :eyes:

Celebrate the EXPEDITIONS update weekend and receive in-game rewards just by watching the Drops Enabled streamers here:

More details here: https://twitch.nomanssky.com

4 Likes
2 Likes

A lot of glitches to watch out for. Save often.
I just fell thru my Freighter.
I bought a ship on a Space Station and when I left the station, my ship was invisible…was still invisible when I landed on a planet but was fine when I called it in. :sweat_smile:
A lot of thigs suddenly vanish in MP. Refiner and Base Computer are two that I have had vanish.

4 Likes

Do we know how long an expedition will run before your file is converted to Normal Mode?

2 Likes

Says the current one will run for 2 months.

3 Likes

So this update got us a new style of ‘melee jump’?

7 Likes

Ok,I’ll admit it, this is more fun than I expected.

I’m not quite sure how the routing and distribution works. I found a planet in my starting system that was still undiscovered, and I was the first in the system that was my second waypoint. Obviously, this wouldn’t be possible if everybody had the same route. I meet a couple people every now and then, it’s fine. Got most of phase 1 cracked and lucked out and got the Jackpot achievement from phase 5. All I wanted was some sellable artifact to by microchips, but I dug out the big one it seems. :stuck_out_tongue:

One way to make this even better would be to give some narrative cohesion to the whole thing. Not much, not enough to call a story or anything, but some in-game reason for why we’re there. What the expedition is about, what it tries to achieve. That sort of thing.

Also, don’t let your refiners stand around where you can’t see them, they’ll vanish. My head cannon is that they get stolen by other players :smile:

6 Likes

Same will happen with your Base Computer before you claim your site.
I am enjoying Expeditions as well. Setting up Atlas-65 dig sites as I go. Striking it rich with each find.

2 Likes

I’ve found I’m having trouble picking my Signal Booster back up.
It might be; I put it down near someone’s base & then it won’t let me ‘delete’ it.
But it has happened twice now & last time I was nowhere near a base… :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Same with my base parts research do-hickey… It’s even standing in my base, but I can’t pick it up anymore.

2 Likes

I found you just ‘delete’ the Signal Booster to get it back…even if not in a base area.

Also…if exploring derilicts (in MP) be sure you have a Navigation Data with you.
My ship vanished leaving me stranded & forced to die of cold.
I’d landed on a derilict someone else had ‘found’ & at some point things got weird & my ship was docked an a different derilict floating nearby.
So close but oh so far away.
In fact there were 4 derelicts floating about simultaneously at one point.

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed some duplication issues with derelicts. In my starting system, there were at least 6 of them floating around the starbase. I got the mission in my log, but couldn’t land on any of them…

4 Likes

I found and bought an ‘A’ class Multitool but it didn’t register in the achievements :weary:
I might have to upgrade my other one to an ‘A’ using nanites & hope for the best.

2 Likes

I had that happen as well (PS4). My guesses are: 1) Upgrade it or 2) Get the MT from the Phase 2 completion to get the badge.

3 Likes

My experience has been quite different. I encounter the same people discovering planets and systems all along the Expedition route. The rendezvous systems have planets discovered by HG. Even when I decided to fulfill the blackhole objective and left the Expedition path, I entered a system with some of the same people and a planet discovered by HG. Every place I go, I encounter people. I admit though, I find it fun to see others in the space stations

3 Likes