Beyond BEYOND - wishlist

Hanging vines and marrow bulbs as QS deco items

4 Likes

Alternate HUD UI/UX as QS items.
A multitool merchant that has a wide variety based on system, etc.(instead of the random single multitool)

2 Likes

Being able to plant and grow Marrow Bulb and Kelp Sac. I want a garden of light!

7 Likes

10 Likes

I have a new wishlist item/idea:

I’d like for the beginning sequence to offer more standard variations.
Things like a random basic C class multitool, a random C class Fighter or Explorer starter ship, (rather than the same old Radiant Pillar BC1).
I’d like for the exosuit colours & textures to be a bit mixed & different each time & maybe any anomoly helmet.
It would be nice if the ‘leftover’ inventory contents of our suit were a couple of random, potentially useless/useful things.

It just feels that the begining sequence doesn’t quite gel with the ‘regenerated traveller’ theme that later repeats (sort of) during the Atlas missions.
To me, it would feel more ‘personalised’, if on start-up, certain elements were randomly generated, thus increasing the immersive experience of being this stranded & confused traveller.

4 Likes

Suggested tweak to location hunting.

I find that being given the exact location of ruins, crashed ships etc. via a lock-on icon is just a bit too simple.
I’d like to suggest that a general, approximate location icon be given, with an exact co-ordinate supplied to further refine your search once you land, (or hover slowly).
This encourages a bit of exploration & takes away the rather boring point & shoot of the current arrangement.

This could be a game-play option in the settings, to allow us to toggle from the current exact location autopilot, to a less exact, generalised location.
This could also include an option for ‘ALL’ such as everything that has an icon marker.
‘SEARCHES ONLY’ for things like wrecks & ruins.
Or NONE so that everything requires a bit of a co-ordinate hunt (although wrecked fighters & trading posts would be super easy anyway)

Just an idea… :thinking:

4 Likes

Along those lines, It would be nice to have a better reason be on foot. For example, on most of my game time, I generally never leave my ship unless there is something specific I need or building a base(not including the space stations). I like exploring but I haven’t felt much need to. I just land right next to what I need, get it, then get back in my ship. It would be nice if there was places that required on-foot exploration or places that required a vehicle or exomech only. Such as caves that go deeper and resources that are found very deep below. And you can’t use terrain manipulator for reasons like “the soil is too dense” or something. Or perhaps flying fauna that attacks ships with much force so you have to travel on foot more. Or perhaps ruins that have a button you have to press to open a door somewhere near by and you have to drive a land vehicle to that hiddem location on time in order to enter a room before the door closes to get a valuable resource. Simple stuff, but adds reason to be on the ground more. An incentive.

4 Likes

As an original day one player, I remember a time when bases were miles apart, there were no exocraft & ship summoning didn’t exist, (unless you found a base with a landing pad).
Big on-foot pioneering adventures were the norm.
Remember blasting a hole to shelter in before the Terrain Manipulator arrived?
We are a bit spoilt now with all our new toys & tech but I still wander long distances, albeit mainly to bounce between Knowledge Stones and Damaged Machinery while collecting Salvage Modules.

I always enjoy a chance discovery of a freighter wreckage while wandering about.

8 Likes

You also see so much more on foot as many things do not generate in from the air. Yes I remember wandering for hours on my day 1 vanilla experience. I was, in fact, too scared to leave the planet. Afraid of getting lost and never again finding my peaceful, blue curly-grassed paradise. How things have changed! Now I am fast-tracking thru the galaxies and selectively building a base in the galaxies I want to revisit.
There is a challenge in finding every fauna on a planet, especially if the list is long. It does seem though that the list is not as long as it used to sometimes be. My personal record for POI is close to 100. I don’t cash in as many of those as I used to. I do wish they would bring back the all Units rewards for scanning. Some scanning now gives nanites.
But to add to @Mad-Hatter s wishes, I would like to see more varied ancient ruins.

7 Likes

I would really like the Save Beacon icon to indicate your distance from it. When mapping out mining, gas and electricity locations if you don’t drop a beacon and have to quit the game you have to remap them all.

4 Likes

Those beacons should also allow you to name them.

4 Likes

My biggest wish right now: Let us name the saved games. I think it’s common to have multiple saves in a game mode. So which is the “pre-latest-major-update”? If the play times among saves in the same game mode get fairly close you have no clue. Which one is in the Hilbert Dimension and which back in Euclid. Uhhhh … dunno! It’s exasperating.

Since I primarily explore and take photos, I’d like to see some photo enhancements too:

• Add photo composition “overlays” that you can toggle (Rule of thirds, Golden ratio, Golden spiral, …) – they help you take better-looking photos. The overlays are solely a guide and would not appear in a screenshot.
  • Allow the torch to shine at your feet. Along with being able to use it in daylight, HG changed the near-range. There’s a blackout area nearest you.
  • Add a selectable light intensity setting for the torch. The all-or-nothing intensity makes us miss some great photos. LED flashlights now come with variable beam width and intensity, so … why not?
7 Likes

I would add to the torch, the ability to aim it. I was in a very large and very dark cave recently. It would have been nice to have been able to aim the light at the ceiling.

6 Likes

Pre-Beyond, it always shined freely in the direction you looked in 1st-person. However it was always horizontally locked in 3rd-person when they added that mode. So apparently they decided to “fix” that inconsistency in Beyond… by nerfing the 1st person view. :man_facepalming:

Feature request: Restore the free-view torch, in both modes!

5 Likes

I agree with this (and a bunch of other naming things). The way the games list jumps each use, it can be hard working out which is which.
I’d also like to know what Storage Container I’m looking at without opening it.
It’d be nice to know my ship names stuck, instead of reverting to default after a while.
Someone mentioned recently ‘naming beacons’ too, which would be really useful.

5 Likes

Currently, on PC at least, you can name Storage Containers at your planetary base but the names do not show on your Freighter.
UPDATE: one more wish fulfilled

4 Likes

@kyle-culver says it is not a wishlist but, yeah, I think it is :grin:

6 Likes

So they knocked out my wish pretty fast. Lol. Forced to walk instead of flying, a reason to do it too(upgrades and lore plus a little action). Unable to use terrain manipulator… they even got the button pressing to open a door down. Lol. Sorta.

3 Likes

A reason to explore new planets/moons.

Need new fauna, flora, terrain, things, etc. Originally NMS was a game of exploration. I’d like to get back to doing that. Uncommon items that aren’t present in every/most systems would be a good reason to explore again.

7 Likes

Agreed.
I think I’ve said this before, but I’d love for HG to utilise the Damaged Machinery & green loot crate interaction points & add a bunch of different looking items instead of the same old ‘nosecone with pipes’ & green boxes, we’ve had from day one.
I’m fine with what you get out of them but in a universe this big it feels wrong for every planet to be covered in these same objects.

With evidence of long lost races, like Knowledge Stones & Ruins it would make sense for other remnants to exist as well, plus a bunch of other possible leftovers.
It would just make wandering the planets more interesting if these objects were much more varied.

Things like:

• Various star ship wrecks or parts of (burnt out/rusty & completely non-salvagable). These could be Living Ship 'skeletons or Sentinel Drone Ship wreckage. (I remember a green, twisted submerged wreckage in the early trailer for NMS & still long to see it; It just looked cool).

• Old abandoned mining equipment & similar forgotten junk from unsuccessful ventures.

• Mysterious, unidentifiable machine bits, off freighters/frigates or maybe space stations. Could be random items from inside freighters like old, screens, boxes, lockers etc.

• Alien-stone ‘machines’ (a bit like knowledge stones but different & could be all different shapes. In fact, Knowledge Stones could do with a variety upgrade too.

• Stone ruin type ‘machines’ or artefacts that might be simply a stone block with some glowing runes or things of that nature.

• Tombstones from ancient races or even system specific to match the dominant race of the system you’re in.

• Broken backpacks (jetpacks), possibly all that remains of a missing individual.

• Various satellite bits, similar to the Salvagable Scrap but smaller and mostly damaged.

• Abandoned mostly stripped Exocraft.

• Dead worker droids or exploration probes that have outlived their usefulness.

• Creature skeletons.

• Organic Rocks.

• Cyborg plants.

• Non-native Annomolous planet items (calcishrooms, hexbush etc).

• Dead Sentinels, Quads, Walkers etc. & other junk from the great sentinel purge/war.

• Biome specific debris like Heat Shields on a Scorched world or Igloo type temporary shelters on an Ice world or maybe a Radiation Collector battery charger thingy on a Radioactive world

I know this makes the planet surfaces now seem like a junkyard of scattered bits but it’s already like that in the charted systems, it just all looks the same.

When I’m wandering about collecting stuff, I just want to find new types of things.

6 Likes