Expeditions is not starting for me. Help PlayStation 4

4 Likes

Earlier this morning, I was able to quickly finish off the rest of my 9 quicksilver missions before the update dropped. I tried Enabling multiplayer and crossplay in another save.
Now i cant play? Whats going on here?

5 Likes

I just tried to start up a new Expedition save (PS4) & it simply says it’s ‘downloading data’ at the top of the panel.
Maybe the servers are full of new ‘Expeditioneers’
I’m going to reboot after I let my other updates finish & see if that sorts it… :thinking:

5 Likes

What ever happened, Its On! I’m hitting the x button in 3…2…1…

5 Likes

It seems that when you start a new Expeditions game, your computer needs to download the game data. It can only do this if you are online, with network enabled.

I tried starting a new game with networking off, and could only get an error message. Once I turned networking back on, the game would start OK.

Now I have the Expeditions game running, I have turned networking back off again. The game seems to keep on running OK - but I am NOT advising anyone else to try this. You might break your game.

I signed up to Xperimental to test new builds. I accept that my game may get damaged in the process.

6 Likes

Successful… tho i started as a Gek…
That Music!!!
This is gonna be sweet.
Cya in game… I lurk in the shadows…

5 Likes

How did you get it to work?

I am having the same issue that you showed above. It looks like it solved itself automagically. Do I just keep trying?

3 Likes

Make sure you are online with MP enabled in Network. Once you are in game, you can disable MP. It worked for me.
Crashing is a big issue right now due to overloaded servers.

2 Likes

PS4 still refusing to fire up new save…
I’m not sure if it’s a server issue or if my internet is now maxed out… (Cyberpunk was a huge update & I’m close to the end of my data-month).
Seems to be bad if I try & use a separate network connection too though…
Might just be overload…

2 Likes

@JubiTheVille : I changed the category for the topic to ‘NMS Origins - Help A Fellow Traveller’

1 Like

What got it working for me was this.
I first opened a previous save, went into network settings and enabled both multiplayer and cross platform. It did not work until i first fully closed the game to restart. Either it was good timing or it’s what has fixed the problem.
Also, I had my first crash after a couple hours. It happened during a meteor shower immediately after a rock hit the ground beside me. Time for a walk and breathe some plants, then heading right back into the game.

3 Likes

Actually, the suggestion to turn off multiplayer was spot on. I was able to start an expedition save and then turn it back on later.

(I waited until I left the first planet for good measure.

2 Likes

Glad it worked! :blush:

1 Like

Same: PS4.
Turned off MP in other game then it started fine.
I turned MP back on and found the system crawling with other travellers. Was a bit jittery & laggy so I turned it off again.
Managed a few milestones & a bit of general progress before ‘retiring for this session’.

I think I like this style of start up better than the older style. Feels less grindy.
Also liking that Drop Pods are way easier to supply materials for. Means you can acquire a bit of working room faster.
New Explorer designs are nice too.

3 Likes