NMS Expeditions

@Mad-Hatter and @LordMarkov: This is a known issue currently, which might be best reported. From what I heard, it should complete if you get an S-class multitool instead.

3 Likes

:grinning: Any hints as to where one of those S-class MTs are found in the expedition area?

I was able to find a A-21 rifle, but I am using a B-23 alien.

4 Likes

Thanks @DevilinPixy… I’ll try to upgrade what I’ve got & see what happens. Might be an epic treasure hunt pending :crazy_face:
No rush though.
I crammed a lot into the past couple of days…& there are 2 whole months left to get the last couple of patches I’m yet to fulfil.

3 Likes

Aren’t we supposed to be able to summon our starships in the space station? Has anyone been able to do this?

2 Likes

Only in the anomaly, as far as I understood it. Though I really have no idea why they wouldn’t extend that functionality to the space station, should be the same code…

3 Likes

This needs to be requested then. Been scrapping ships all day and it requires I fix them and fly them to the space station. Once scrapped, it randomly summons one of my other ships in…would ne nice to be able to call in the one I want.

4 Likes

Yesterday I completed the Naturalist part, constructed a Refiner, Construction Research Unit, and Signal Booster, installed the warp drive, refined a lot of stuff, had over 1M units and almost all slots filled. Today it’s gone.

What am I doing wrong? On PC, on Steam, Expedition.

4 Likes

Probably nothing, lol. This is the way-until HG works out the kinks. Perhaps your file did not save? Today I had the ruins around my base sink into the ground…

3 Likes

When you scrap salvaged ships, provided you have a freighter/Capital Ship you can save yourself some annoying fix-time.
Simply equip the scrap ship then teleport from your Capital Ship to the space station. No repairs required :smiley:
Your number one ship always comes to pick you up.

3 Likes

By killing 50 Sentinels you are rewarded with an S class, & the Badge gets awarded :smiley: Downside is you have to swap your current one not ‘Add’ so you need to be strategic and have a crappy MT equipped for that moment when you redeem your prize!
I wasn’t & then I was too dopey to remember what I should have done before I went & hard saved.
Time to get more S upgrades :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you, MH! I hadn’t looked that far ahead and only had 39/50 through mission completion so far.

2 Likes

Yep. It pays to look through the full list of achievement requirements & adjust your gameplan to suit what you ‘need’ versus what’s available.
For example, I rarely log on Waypoints but they are essential later on.
I make do with lesser amounts of space & lesser quality upgrades than I would normally, in favour of just keeping on moving. Little scrap fights with sentinels while doing side missions will add up to get the required quota.
That sort of thing…

Quite a different approach to my usual way of playing NMS. It’s more like a messy galactic Amazing Race, scavenger hunt.
I’m quite enjoying the new approach. :grin:

7 Likes

I finally held up in one place for a bit because I needed to harvest plants at my base. Found a nice fairly calm place to grow star bulb outside. Helped me complete phase 2. Now moving on to the third rendezvous point. On the plus, I now have a nice little base I can return to if needed.

3 Likes

Discovered today that the Expedition save has overwritten my day 1 save (~1500 hrs). At some point after completing the expeditions I’ll have to revert back to my old save files.

5 Likes

Say, is the multi-tool you get as a reward for completing phase 2 and A-class, and does it count against the milestone in phase 3? Asking because I’m not really looking forward to go looking for one, but also because the farming milestone might take me a while to complete. Unless I speed it up…

2 Likes

@jedidia
No… the ‘rewarded MT’ is a ‘S’ class, but it triggered the reward badge so it seems like the way to go.
I’d previously bought 2 ‘A’ class MTs and neither triggered the reward.
Just remember to equip a crappy one when you go to redeem it or else you lose your own (like I did). Claim or Decline option only.

(I just bounced around and grabbed a bunch more upgrades & components but it would’ve been a nuisance if I hadn’t been holding a pile of nanites for a different achievement).

3 Likes

I was lucky in this regard, I hadn’t filled out the last slot so claiming it just added it to my collection. The new tool wasn’t a downgrade, but I liked what I had.

2 Likes

I wasn’t consciously aware of it, but I had grown lazy and bored in my old games. I had pots of money, the best of ships, high status with all factions… and there was very little to do. Having put in all that effort, I was reluctant to let all those achievements go.

Being forced to start again with nothing has really revitalised the game for me. I’m enjoying in ways I haven’t for more than a year.

11 Likes

@Polyphemus
Agreed.
I found the Artemis & Atlas quests fine initially but repeat playthroughs get tedious.
I would just boot up each new update on either my old Legacy Save or my long-suffering Permadeath save & mess about until I’d experienced it & then be bored again.
Bound to happen after a few thousand hours I guess…

This new random (& sort of) competitive style of save is quite fun. I’ve found myself breaking away from my old ‘play nice’ style & instead become a bit more ruthless. I’ve jumped in on others derilict freighters (& gotten myself dead in the process :laughing: ) Purposely picking fights with sentinels & generally being more boisterous. Not griefing of course but more embracing my inner pirate :pirate_flag: Instead of chasing ‘S’ modules I’m happy to grab what I can & upgrade later.
If an Explorer mission dictates I need to do some culling…well so be it. Plasma balls away! (Normally, I avoid those missions.)
I’m less fanatic about scanning every single thing on each world. I’m playing to ‘win’ (so to speak) by chasing the achievements & their rewards while still exploring heaps.
Later on, I’ll settle down, build a decent base & return to my relaxed style of play but I’m really enjoying this change of pace.

I do wonder though, just how much this level of ‘messy’ Amazing Race style of playing is common at present & how it is going to affect Euclids undiscovered portions.
I find it much more common these days to encounter an already discovered system, even before the new mode was introduced.

Mind you, Hello Games can always tweak the code to move the spawning ring…or for that matter simply move the next Expedition to another galaxy altogether.

6 Likes

I just discovered what a “severe wind event” is (no, nothing intestinal).

Hilarious. I ended up about a quarter of a mile from where I started.

10 Likes