NMS Adrift ⚓️ Expedition 13

A solo mission. No NPCs. No shops. Just you and the Frigate of the Damned.
Bring it on! :wink:
Don’t forget to run to the Anomaly and start the Expedition.
Holy frikkin’ cow! The starting planet is awesome and so scary!
And YES! Worms are scannable!
HG is laughing their arses off! This is great! If you try to communicate with other players, it just prints out -kzzzzt- :rofl:

Runs:

Until: Monday July 15th, 2024 13:00 (UTC)

Countdown timer :link: (JSFiddle)

9 Likes

It’s my head canon that this is whats happening on the deck of the Frigate of the Damned. Can['t wait to get started,.

5 Likes

I get the feeling HG has not slept in a long time and NMS is starting to take a toll on their sanity. :sweat_smile:
Best start to an Exp yet.

8 Likes

Have you tried communicating with other players yet? Or noticed what they’re saying? It all comes out as -kzzzkt- <3 ( edit:just seeing sheralmyst mentioned this in first post)

I was commenting about the apocalyptic trumpets on the starting planet when I discovered this. Boundaries really are thicker in this space of the simulation.

8 Likes

New Expedition- Adrift

NMS Website

FB Announcement

6 Likes

@kliktrak I have merged your new topic post with this topic. The previous is locked and will get auto removed in a week.

4 Likes

@sheralmyst: I’ll be adding some additional info to the top post, assuming you do not mind :wink:

5 Likes

How does one acquire deuterium? I need deuterium to repair a ship component. I know it can be crafted with tritium and di-hydrogen, but you can only acquire tritium in outer space. Help!

6 Likes

@Licoricemint : I have merged your new topic/post here.

4 Likes

Please do! :wink:

3 Likes
6 Likes

11 Likes

Use silicate powder in place of tritium.

4 Likes

Awesome! Thank you!

4 Likes

The sounds on the Anomaly… :smiley:
Turn off MP for the full affect of this expedition.
Completed Phase 1

6 Likes
Expedition overview

4 Likes

You’re going to want to know how to get Deuterium before you can launch your ship into space:

10 Likes

Finally diving in to the expedition proper today on my PC playthrough. Nice to see Cursed Dust is back, I missed my purple shiny <3

Just landed in the space station, I have steam overlay off so I will save the lore chatter capture screens for my ps5 playthrough, going to get out my ship and explore spacestation -kzzkt-goodbye

edit:

Experiencing a strange bug I’ve never encountered (or heard of).

Still using the start shuttle ship the expo gave me, still in the starter system, decided to check out the other planet and its toxic hellstorms while I work on gathering bits for the warpdrive.

Any time I approach my ship it disappears, gets culled out of existence. Can’t even board it, its not invisible just is disappearing. Have to call it back down to land and quickly jump in (havent tried hanging around to find out, there are thermonuclear fog storms chasing me!).

If I walk away from it, it reappears at the location it was culled from, but once I get within range it goes poof! again.

It keeps happening, still on that cursed planet, the most recent one was a close one, had run out of sodium and the launch thrusters had no fuel, thankfully even though its disappearing/cant get in to it, It still acts like its near and I could refuel from exosuit.

I’m guessing this is some weird bleedover from the culling the expedition is doing on all starships, npcs etc. Hopefully leaving this planet or system will iron the kink out.

4 Likes

Nice tip. Sometimes it’s hard to break old habits.

3 Likes
6 Likes