Expedition 8 Polestar

This will be the upcoming expedition to look forward to, mostly likely starting in sync with the Twitch Drops event

More info will follow as we approach launch

Countdown Timer Expedition 8 - Polestar :link: (JSFiddle)

Rendezvous Systems

10 Likes

I have updated the countdown timer with timestamps according to info from @ThatBomberBoi as posted to Twitter:

10 Likes

Looks like it has been pushed back to tomorrow

5 Likes

Pushed back seems obvious, so it looks like Beeblebum now says it to be tomorrow?

6 Likes

:rotating_light: PSA :rotating_light:

The server responses for Expedition 8: Polestar have been changed on Hello Games’ end, and now show Expedition 8 as starting on the 27th of July, 2022 at 10:00 GMT. The cause for this push back is currently unknown.

6 Likes

All expedition information is now available on the Assistant NMS website, including milestones, rewards and UAs.

6 Likes

I am extremely intrigued. Set Foot on Land. So we must begin in space?

4 Likes

Begin on freighter, yes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Gravity slingshot? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I guess they just mean going through a black hole, judging by the badge.

4 Likes

it causes you to travel through a black hole (talk to captain) and sends to random location
far as I know.

4 Likes

Polestar rewards

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to this one.
Got the PS5 remotes all charged up, snacks in the pantry & my comfy gaming/office chair already out in the lounge in front of the newly replaced 4K TV. Retirement has its perks :grin:

5 Likes

Some stuff for the translators:

7 Likes

Capital Ship
Ride on the Polestar
The Journey to Nowhere

7 Likes

Well done!

6 Likes

Here we go…

6 Likes

What is a “polestar” anyways?

5 Likes

I had the memory/idea that the name was something to do with a reference to a real star, (something to do with the ‘first’ star or something), but I couldn’t find any info to back that up…
A google search reveals Polestar** is a Swedish electric vehicle company owned by Volvo. They got their name from a racing background ie Pole (position) Star. …or something like that.

3 Likes

Posted on NMS FB page:

Expedition 8, “Polestar”, now live on all platforms.

Embark on an interstellar cruise as the captain of a heavy shipping freighter, warping your metal fortress across the galaxy.

5 Likes