Snappies & Other Interesting Plant-life

Calling all traveler botanists!

In a follow on from the old An Ode to Snappies, Clappies & Puffies and An Ode to Snappies, Clappies,Puffies & Warts topics, here is a new place to post your pics of interesting flora in this the new age of Frontiers.
They might be viscous, placid , poisonous or simply glow warmly in the dark.
:wilted_flower: :hibiscus: :sunflower: :tulip: :seedling: :evergreen_tree: :palm_tree: :cactus: :leaves: :snake: :shamrock: :herb: :ear_of_rice: :bouquet:

5 Likes

8 Likes

5 Likes

My current home world is covered in so many types of flowers and grasses

8 Likes

Wow!
As a PS4 player, (the ‘P’ is obviously for 'peasant), I forget that NMS is actually quite beautiful on higher resolution producing equipment.

1 Like

Since sheralmyst has this knack for finding actual Earthlike garden worlds, I’m determined that she is not going to one-up me on this. I will find a paradise world which doesn’t have pink grass and yellow-green skies! :wink:

6 Likes

Cave-Dwelling Snappie

6 Likes

Not a picture, but related…

I was farming oxygen out of a cave during a recent start and as I have for a long time thinking of the obnoxious little poison gassers as “Oxy-poppers”…nothing terribly unique or original but for some reason it had never occurred to me that that would make their poisonous little brethren…sodi-poppers…which struck me at that moment as hilarious.

I almost spit my Mountain Dew on my screen

5 Likes

Well, that’s certainly a popular way of popping soda…

2 Likes

9 Likes

Play hard, but sometimes ya gotta stop and smell the…well…little mushrooms and stuff…

4 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

HG sure puts a lot of detail into their work. The bugs have been chewing on these blades of grass.

So much grass on this planet

11 Likes

8 Likes

These colors are wild.
Have you been sniffing a lot of @sheralmyst 'shrroms lately?

3 Likes

I really liked these flowers, but as you can see the grass was long - so I never saw any without the blades sticking through

9 Likes

Xmas candy

Tastes good

11 Likes

I think this planet is far more interesting than the usual “blue sky/green grass, it’s like Earth!” paradise planets.

I’m not fully committed yet, but this may be the main base for this play.

8 Likes

Corrupted planet with grass? Don’t think I’ve seen that before…

3 Likes