Etarc Hub Is Open

Understood @Xion4012.
Will return to scanning what I have already discovered and will complete a comprehensive look into the system I’m in, ready for uploading.
After that I’ll look into the couple of systems above me but WILL NOT upload any more systems or planetary bodies until a capital has been decided.

I know you spent some time in that area already so perhaps if any appear to be candidates as a capital system and planet you could run a poll (based off pictures) so we can lock it down prior to something getting messed up.

I think the easiest way to do this would be to have a single person collect and post the information in a dedicated thread. Keep a running list of stars in the first post for quick reference and use individual posts for full system details as per convention. We will need one for each platform.

If anyone wants to volunteer, go ahead. If not, I can do it. I’ll leave it open for a day.

I have been everywhere in the area except the lower chain. I have yet to find something exceptional enough to be capital worthy. Well, maybe one planet. The chain itself should be pretty safe from claiming issues, but I agree we should be quick.

Shouldn’t the capital planet be something odd or nasty? I mean, we are the ETARC CSD. Isn’t boldly going into the toxic furanace of radioactive snowballs the thing a dedicated scientist will do in search of all there is to know.
Maybe a redacted or infected planet? Maybe an insane extreme planet with psychotic Sentinels and no café lattes.
Perhaps a luxurious beach planet with a portal so far away only a warper can visit.
So many options… :crazy_face:

Also… who lives there? How do we have a capital base with no- one residing? Is it a base or a lounge motel. Perhaps it should be a simple facility.
This all needs some thoughts.

If youve already got pics and info go right ahead and list them in a new post (just about the chain).
Send us loyal CSDs out to investigate and then PM you pics and details to put up. So long as we tell you the standard generic name it can be updated later.
Also we need to state whether its uninhabited or got a base there already.

Well if we’re going that route, I just found an extreme radiation moon with “Gamma Cyclones” and angry sentinels :smiling_imp: Not sure if everyone else is up for that though. I think capital location deserves it’s own thread too.

1 Like

Beacons are visible to other players if you build them within your base area. This will mark a player base unmistakably (since you would know that you did not place it yourself.)

(Reposted in case you didn’t see this information before)

Okay, I’ve only explored five systems in the lower Bezesi Cluster, but reflexively uploaded all of them. :anguished: However, will refrain from uploading anymore.

1 Like

Sounds like a good system. All this info would be covered with a screenshot of the planet details display.

Another screenshot of the planet, and some detailed notes of discoveries?

The concern is that a single post on a system with say six planets would become a massive post, even with just one screenshot of each planet. Then, consider how many posts will accumulate in a single thread! :thinking:

Add to that 37 individual systems with multiple planets and moons each…

Personally, I think a system by system rundown with planetary bodies included in a single post is the way to go.

One person runs the post while others forward their finds and details via PM. Post master can then stack and edit and verify the order using the G-map before adding to the post.

@tajay I dropped into to your CB farm just before. Nice set-up :wink: walked away richer. Nice colours on your planet.
Got some great shots of the star chain from in your system too, which I’ll post when I’ve got a moment.

2 Likes

Text is nice for data entry, with pictures in hidden detail feature. I could make a google spread sheet up.
ex. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qilpVOtRpT0nXBzmsQaqUzpMgxg7aDQ782PWEVciltY/edit?usp=sharing
I can give a few editing access, and then all can just report to the new thread.
ex. [ETARC HUB]: CSFD Address reporting

Also see. ETARC - New Discoveries Questionnaire (this needs work)

1 Like

While the information can be obtained by screenshot, I think it would be better to use a text system like this in the posts. A six planet system would be a large post, but it will get complicated if we had an individual post for each planet. 37 stars, plus the list, would mean the entire thread would be 38 posts long. Relatively small. And we could make the planets names in the first post links to the exact post for easy reference. I like @Sir_oops idea about the hidden detail feature for pictures too. We can keep it short, neat and easy to use.

4 Likes

Really need a place/person to report data to as systems are explored. Brevity is best!

Yeah, I found your com-ball at my base. Kept my previous base design almost exactly. Form follows function, nothing very fancy. Really like that Star Bramble grows so nicely outside - keeps construction to the minimal.

Glad you were enriched by your visit! :smile:

2 Likes

You should have @ me on this post or sent me a private message about this Xion. I didn’t notice you said this and had no idea you wanted us to stop exploring. Luckily one of my other Spacing Guild members noticed this post. I will tell my members to stop uploading names immediately.

1 Like

I’ve been having issues with specificity. This won’t apply to TSG. It was meant to help prevent misnaming and unnecessary claiming by overzealous Etarcians in the chain itself. Rest assured, if I had issues with your guild’s services I would let you know. The data you’ve gathered so far will be invaluable when we start to catalogue the entire Hub.

3 Likes

Outsider view of the ETARC Hub star-chain as seen from just off centre looking ‘up’.

8 Likes

Returned to ETARC CELLAR hunting some Emeril and discovered it has been getting some use since I first found it.

4 Likes

@itzandp hitching a ride during a recent visit.

8 Likes

Is that another player riding on your ship!?

We were playing about in space and I snapped a shot just as we passed through each other.
I have another pic in the space station where it looks like @itzandp owns my ship as we both landed on the same spot.

1 Like

Parallel Universe Parking. My ship, @itzandp’s icon.

5 Likes