Etarc Hub Is Open

You can only see Comm Stations, and I heard rumors you can speak and see other modes glitches… oh, looks like that was answered… oh, well doesn’t hurt to repeat. I would like to test the glitch a crossed modes, we should set up an official ETARC hub meeting.

I agree. We should throw a party :grin:

I (survival) visited @Mad-Hatter’s base (normal). I could see him, but not the base or the beacons. Also, the comm stations were only visible while on the space station or on the planet. I couldn’t see them while in space.

@Mad-Hatter, did you ever explore that green star system? Any potential for a capital?

1 Like

@Xion4012 Its on my to do list next time I load. It may have possibly been DISCOVERED as it was off the chain.
If thats the case I think the grouping where the Morshob Adjunct Meets the Bezisi Cluster midway on the chain is the place to look.
Any particular tastes…?

@Mad-Hatter @ BoomstickJoe
Thanks for the info. I’m so used to warping everywhere I forget the portals are for more than just shopping trips. I wish the DISCOVERIES menu could be organised in some way. Takes a lot of hunting to find a particular system.
Sometimes some basic physical directions are easier.

1 Like

It would be unfortunate if it had. I might look for myself here soon.

I was thinking about the capital, and I like the the area you mentioned. Perhaps I will direct my attention there. Maybe we should start a new thread for discussing a capital location?

Edit: The green star has in fact been named. As have most of the outlying stars in the area. I’ll be exploring Lefirdi-Ikoma next. It looks like someone is in another nearby system too.

2 Likes

I’ve been hitting some of the systems in the chain to lock them down for the community to name. Are there any specific characteristics to look for?

Just jumped online to check the map quickly and run a harvest & suddenly @tajay was there and loudly coming through my speakers. Surprised the he%% out of me! Had a quick chat once I got my mic sorted & then I logged off so he could do a bit of a video. Great to see my proximity chat is now working.
Look forward to some chatty exploration in the future.

2 Likes

In a fit of community spirit I moved my base to the region of the ETARC / CSD Hub. But I play on PC in normal mode, so I can’t see any of the fun the PS4 players are having. Shame.

The first thing I’ve noticed is how few neighbours I have. We could do with more PC players here, folks!

The other thing I’ve noticed is that a couple of people have been coming in and claiming systems in the area. They haven’t built bases on them, they’re not living there - they’re just grabbing the systems, and denying them to other players.

My new base is still under construction, so it doesn’t have as many goodies as the old one did. But it’s still worth a visit if you’re into living glass ingredients. It’s 5 minutes on foot from the portal, and well signposted with beacons and a comm ball.

The planet is similar to my old one - cold, but not extreme, with no predators.

Here’s a picture of the base so far, with the portal code:

2 Likes

Once exploration of the ETARC Hub is complete, The Spacing Guild will establish a Multiplayer Resort (a star system we encourage others to meet at regularly to interact with via multiplayer) and throw a party there to kick it off.

Let me know if you want the capitol or some other star system to be the hub’s MP resort. It has to be someplace it is ok for other players to claim a base at, since it will also be a portal arrival point.

Yeah, was doing a video of my visit … and suddenly I could hear you! My ship landed fine on your landing pad (and it didn’t throw me off the side). :rofl:

Sadly, the audio of our chat didn’t record on the video … anyway, I’d like to post the video on you tube if it’s okay with you. Just wanted to clear it with you first.

3 Likes

Party sounds way better then meeting. Time will be are biggest hurdle and internet connection. Time we can figure out internet connection not so much, it is what it is. I’m thinking 11:00 GMT, so that would be 5:00 CMT, if anyone is out in Cali it would be 3:00 GMT. Weekends would be ideal, then we can worry less about work.

1 Like

NMS game chat doesn’t share on video. You have to use PS4 party chat for it to show up on video.

1 Like

Nice ship. Posting is fine since it doesn’t feature my stunned, crackly voice :rofl:

Do we ETARCians have a location where we can place information about the planets and systems in the chain.
I’m currently exploring the AKYOTAR SYSTEM in the upper chain and it occured to me, I don’t know where to place the information I glean.
I also need to return to my previously visited systems (PENTHOUSE & CELLAR) to scan and give more detailed info as I refrained from scanning in the pioneering days in case I accidentally uploaded everything incorrectly named.

I’ll just keep jotting down info for now…
My wife is helping & driving my S class :scream:

2 Likes

Xion4012 suggested this earlier. I haven’t seen a new thread for it yet. I’ve just been doing quick surveys and I take a daytime snapshot of every world I visit showing the progen name and the temperature. I do my best to show a good representation of the planet for others to review. See below:

1 Like

I could make you a member of The Spacing Guild and you could put all your info in your own article on our website.

@CrossID That might be the easiest method. A snapshot and a brief description plus notes of special finds.
@MacForADay It might present a conflict of interest for me to join the SG, but thanks for the offer.
Maybe the best way, is for one of us ETARCians to volunteer to post a new thread and edit it with information/pics that gets PMed to them. This gets verified via the galactic map and then we update the post.
Gradually build up a 37 star high tier of information about the chain.
I’m simply using ’ x below Penthouse’ as my reference atm.
Since most info is in the map we can simplify the descriptions.
I’m thinking:

System name ECSD
Inhibited y/n
Planet name
Special details if any
Picture
Moon name
Special details if any
Picture

Just keep it really simple for the purpose of locating materials or looking for a vacant habitat.
If a portal is active and tested we could add it too.

1 Like

I’ve been using the CSFD system to gather info.

Star Name
Dominant Lifeform
Economy
Conflict Level

Planet Name
Weather
Sentinel Activity
Flora
Fauna

Plus any notes, details, inhabitants or pictures. Hex/glyph addresses can be included. Platform and difficulty too.

I did the same when surveying Morshob:

System Name: Iradomac ECSD (F6f)
Celestial Bodies: 1 Planet
Dominant Lifeform: Gek
Economy: Research // Sell: 43.3% Buy: -25.1% // Balanced
Conflict Level: Tranquil (1)
Notables: Warp Reactor Theta

–Planet: Rora ECSD (high energy planet)
Weather: Radioactive Damp
Sentinels: Limited
Flora: High
Fauna: Regular
Resources: Gamma Root, Gold, Nickel, Heridium
Notables: 6.1. RAD

2 Likes

@Polyphemus, you are only the second person I know here who is on PC. It’s good to see more of you. But it’s sad to hear the news. I suppose there isn’t much that can be done now. That being said…

To all players across all platforms. Please refrain from uploading discoveries at this time. Some players are still looking for systems to settle. We are also still on the lookout for a capital, and any systems already claimed will be automatically disqualified because it can’t be named.

Are you planning to post here in a big long post or elsewhere. I need to back track to do some tidying up and get some pics but the CSFD method looks great as a template for me to fill in.
I’m worried we are overlapping by doing visits but reloading to pre-visit.
My personal visits include CELLAR, PENTHOUSE, WAFARERS GATEWAY (which I don’t think anyone used :rofl:) UHASHI (my home base already discovered off the chain) and AKYOTAR where I am now (which is not LISTED as discovered yet but will need to be due to long time spent here so I can’t unclaim it). I wont name it though, just in case.