Etarc Hub Is Open

Is that true? It would sure explain some recent issues…

I have officially arrived at the HUB! It was quite the journey I must say.

Here are some screens of the first named planet I stumbled across. (Named by the notorious descriptive spacer, no worries tho :v:)

5 Likes

Beacons are visible to other players if you build them within your base area. This will mark a player base unmistakably (since you would know that you did not place it yourself.)

2 Likes

GREETINGS ALL.
My new base in the Etarcian Hub is now pretty much complete despite resourses escaping & nuisances. I’ve gone for more space-base style over big earnings on this one. 4 circuit boards, some Albumem Pearls plus some lucky-dip warp fuel drums.
PS4 NORMAL MODE.
I am located on the planet EULO in the UHASHI ECSD system (circled), located in the Morshob Adjunct.
This green star system (circled) is located at an angle downwards from ETARC PENTHOUSE (circled) and directly opposite from the galactic centre. It sits about level with ETARC Ugly Planets (grrr who named that!?) in the star chain. It’s is probably the lowest star in the area.
It is 143ly from ETARC PENTHOUSE & being a green star requires the appropriate warp drive to reach (or an S class freighter).

Easiest way to locate using galactic map:
Place the chain in line with the centre & pull backwards from about 7 stars below PENTHOUSE.

Alternatively, there is an untested portal 20 minutes walk (forgot to check exo time but it’s rolling open desert hills so it’s easy going).

EDIT.
HAVE MOVED SINCE THIS POST WAS CREATED.
NO LONGER AT THIS LOCATION.

4 Likes

I am exploring in Morshob currently. I am indisposed with company today. But, I will warp there tomorrow around lunch time. (Unfortunately, that means someone else will have to kick the tires on the portal.)

Orange beacon. Closest planet to Space Station.

I would swing by, but I can’t see your base (survival). I guess I’ll have to start a normal save sometime soon. I suppose I could test the portal though, so I might swing by.

@Mad-Hatter, I traveled to the address you provided. It brought me to the planet Eulo in the Uhashi system. I cannot see any indicators from the portal (because I’m on survival?), but the address works without error.

Edit: does that mean beacons are not visible cross-difficulty?

Possibly. I know my beacon at the portal will be invisible to others but I thought the base location one could be seen. It is inside a cuboid structure…would that affect visability?
As soon as I get back to my PS4 I’ll place a comm.
At the time of posting I was just finishing up in a hurry & didn’t think to leave a comm.

I’m there right now, had no problems finding it.

2 Likes

Sorry everybody. Hijacked the thread. Should have PMed. Oops. Bit tricky juggling a phone and a controller. Back to usual programming. At least this time I have a working portal and no monument glitches. :grin:

EDIT: I’ve deleted a couple of posts to shorten our hijacking. @CrossID is doing the same.

4 Likes

Finally, swung by your humble abode today. Pretty lavish for a warp cell factory!
Scuttled away before I got influenza or blew myself up. Left a comm. :grin:

1 Like

Hey @Mad-Hatter, I came by to say hello. I can’t see the base (survival). Something is trying to kill me though, and succeeding. I will have to come by again later.

Yeah. I wss just coming back doing a harvest and saving my game after visiting our ‘locals’. I saw you. You disappeared so I logged off as my wife really wantsto get her own game moving.
Next time.

1 Like

I was imagining a spirited disagreement :slight_smile:

To answer the previous inquiry about seeing the base beacon in different modes: you will not see the beacon nor any part of a players base if you are in different modes.

2 Likes

Thank you for the visit!:grinning:

I found an interesting system today and posted it to the ecsd head page on our site. It has a planet of dinos and a nice moon with rare flying micro jellyfish. Its names Ottori ECSD. I posted pics as well.

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/the-spacing-guild/index.php/h-e-a-d/164-etarc-head-member-articles/354-etarc-hub-discovery-list-boomstickjoe

The gallery is here

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/the-spacing-guild/index.php/ottari-ecsd-gallery

3 Likes

@LordMarkov
No argeuments at ETARC. We’re far too nice here :hugs:
Thanks for clarifying the beacon thing. Theres a couple of comms on the ridge now, so cross-mode-travellers will still know they are near.

@BoomstickJoe
Can you point us in the direction of the above mentioned Ottori ECSD System. Might have to have a look.

The system coordinates are listed on our website. (First link on my previous message.) Ottori is the last entry in the list. The system is at the bottom of the chain near the celler.

Use the pilgrimstar app: PILGRIM STAR PATH
The second tab on the left-hand side lets you enter signal booster coordinates and it will convert it to a portal address.
Next, go to the portal address, open your discovery menu, and press X (if you are on PS4) on the star’s name, and will make a waypoint in the galaxy map for you to travel straight to it.

We are The Spacing Guild, masters of interstellar navigation.

2 Likes