Etarc Hub Is Open

I talked to him and he says he will start giving actual names to places with rare discoveries.

There is an option to ā€˜reportā€™ it. I donā€™t know what kind of response it would get but maybe if everyone reported it there would be an opportunity to correct it? No offense to whoever did it.

I was joking, itā€™s totally fine. I had a good laugh, no harm done :grin: Iā€™ll have to see whatā€™s so weird about it.

Besides, having just looked through what your guild has found, I would say itā€™s worth it. There are some fantastic finds in there.

@CrossID, does that work?

Actually, the SG member in question has been ordered to stop all exploring of ETARC Hub stars as of now, due to a much more severe infraction he admited to. Which I would rather not discuss unless you notice it.

I donā€™t know thatā€™s why I was asking here. I thought maybe someone has some personal experience with it. Does HG have any direct influence on reports or is it just AI? Not harm in trying I guess.

I did notice a few descriptive names not fitting with the convention Butā€¦ whatā€™s a hub without a few odd named systems to use as reference points?
Iā€™m looking to pack up and relocate to the Green star of Uhashi (unless its been renamed) in the Morshob Adjunct. Havenā€™t been in NMS for a few days following my binge but Iā€™ll get into it over the weekend. Iā€™ll make a new Mad_Hatters Base thread when Iā€™m done.

As a suggestion for the main chain; we should try to get a bulk of non-uploaded finds info together to work as an official real estate guide. If we do it right, everyone who comes to reside in the hub should be able to locate a biome they are satisfied with, allowing for an easy transition, plus the chain will provide an awesomely easy way of warping to each others bases.

Yeah, I noticed. Mistakes will be made. The Hub is a big place, theyā€™ll disappear into the background.

@Mad-Hatter, let me know what you find. I was about to ask if anyone has been there yet. I like the idea too, I have a few unnamed systems to contribute. Maybe a new thread?

Famous last words.

What can I say? Iā€™m a risk-taker.

1 Like

@Xion4012
Yep.
New thread that can be updated as finds come in or places get inhabited and renamed.
You can use my basic listing from my Study of the Star Chain as a basic skeleton if you like. It doesnā€™t have names but it does list race, number of biomes and is numbered.

1 Like

Itā€™s not to late to tidy things up.
I came across this while reading about portals.
Down a fair way is a good system for naming I think we could adopt if we wanted. Have a look:

It describes useful ways of being descriptive using numbers instead of being out right descriptive.
A simple system that does make sense.

Are you suggesting following their example and numbering only based on ā€˜deadā€™ planets or taking it a step further?

I thought a lot of it was quite well thought out.
Wouldnā€™t impose it on us but might be good as a guide for those wanting more structure to their naming.

hullo all,

Per our compact #1 with The Budullangr Amino (PS4) hub could someone honor this agreement and establish an Embassy for them and post in the compact thread. Contact is @Red_Genocide. Iā€™d say near the chain/capitol and with there Tag and ours in name. ex. ā€œ[BAH] Embassy ECSDā€ . Thank you, Iā€™m there in Spirit (creative mode), hope to be there in Normal mode soon.

2 Likes

No problem. Are they looking for something specific?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be posting portal addresses throughout the PC version of the ETARC Hub on The Portal Repository. Iā€™m currently exploring in both Survival and Creative modes. Anyone is welcome to signup and submit their own addresses (PC and PS4) or simply fill out the form and Iā€™ll manually add them to the Repo.

3 Likes

Not Sure, @Red_Genocide, @RubbermanBAH?

Also, Iā€™m closer then I thought. 103 jumps, probably will stop at pilgrim star, too.

pilgirm star path

I just started this Normal mode game in one of the new extra save slots, three hours in. What luck! :grinning:

1 Like

Thats some lovely work there @jeepsters265.
Iā€™ve copied the link to the repository for future refference.

1 Like

Thanks for organizing and compiling this information.

I didnā€™t hear as to whether or not the star string formation was the same for PC?

2 Likes

No problem, it was born out of necessity for me since thereā€™s not yet an in-game function to store portal addresses.

As far as I can tell both PC and PS4 universes use the same seed, so the star string formation and all the planet characteristics are the same. The only difference being the separation of discoveries and base sharing. Itā€™s kind of like being in parallel universes!

1 Like

Just a reminder that beacons arenā€™t visible to other players, but communication stations are.