[ETARC HUB]: Finding a Capital- Poll Closed

Almermonderh (cool sounding name without edit) meets all of the expectations that I had in mind for the capitol but one. I figured the chosen capitol would have interesting (not necessarily large) fauna.

Searching for all of the different animals is an inherent activity for the planet that players can do while they visit (and somewhat do together).

3 Likes

Is this a serious suggestion? Or are you testing your offline theory? Because that system, and planet, have been uploaded.

2 Likes

I was search for a candidate yesterday , and left the chain just a little, found a really cool dust planet. Took a bunch of pictures, found the portal, found closes bases. Left went to galactic map, realized I wasn’t in the Hub. :sob: It was a neighbor region, Something “Mass”. It would be nice if we could filter the galactic map by regions.

Anyway, It had huge mountains and spaghetti structures like that Black Mirror episode.

Pictures!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

On my discoveries menu it is discovered by me and NOT uploaded. Perhaps I could try a different planet in the same system and see what happens…

1 Like

Akyotor has not been uploaded, you are correct there. I was referring to the first system, Itokin-Xoka.

The systems in the chain are being claimed and uploaded. We are running out of possible options. I suggest everyone take a good look at whats left and make any suggestions for possible capitals ASAP. If we are going to have a capital in the chain, we need to move quickly before it’s too late.

Prior suggestions:
Almermonderh, Akyotor
Wichukchiinic, Othrys XVI (system uploaded)
Hoanagii Brovsk, Lefirdi-Ikoma
Hereidenttiet, Lefirdi-Ikoma

Also, the systems Nadirin-Magar, Adomag-Feue, Liinak, Kedatoriu, and Imodaw-Uun were suggested, but none of their planets.

3 Likes

Also appears in my listing as my discovery but not uploaded…

I’ll await further discussion on the capital before I do more.

1 Like

Lordy Lordy, folks, we’re being paralysed by discussion here.

I’m ready to move in and claim the PC Capital within minutes of the system and planet being announced. I have a sacrificial game I can use to establish the base. But we need to move.

Just as @Xion4012 said of the PS4 universe, on PC the nearby systems are being nibbled away by people I don’t recognise. Anybody can read this forum, not just ETARC members.

It would be nice to have a system on which everyone’s absolutely agreed. But the way things are now, it’s more important that we choose something - anything. Otherwise we could lose the lot.

I propose we agree that @Mad-Hatter can make the choice. The chain was his discovery. And I propose that we do this by default - i.e. if nobody’s come up with a serious objection within, say, 2 hours, we call that carried.

Oh, and I’m perfectly fine wit ETARCIA and EDISON.

5 Likes

Agreed! @Polyphemus makes an excellent point. How much more discussion do we really need? Our oportunity is slipping away with further delay!

Also agree that @Mad-Hatter make the final choice. The chain is his discovery!

4 Likes

That’s a very kind suggestion @Polyphemus but others have actually investigated more of the chain than I have & I don’t wont to become the dictator. I donated my find to the community for all ETARCIANS.
If it was my call exclusively I’d have chosen the location listed in the posts above simply to ensure aquisition but it IS very stormy…almost extreme.
Still, in a universe of possibilities getting something perfect will be a real challenge…and locations are getting scarce. Can someone check the portal please. EDIT>HAS BEEN CHECKED.OK.
I have to go offline for a bit but I’ll be back in a couple of hours.

2 Likes

Just checked the portal at Almermonderh in Akyotar system … it works! After confirmation, I reloaded my previous save to make sure to leave it as I found it.

I jumped back in the portal just as one of those boiling storms was breaking out … whew!

2 Likes

Excellent that the portal works. I find so many duds.

I AM concerned about the storms but perhaps our capital building could reflect this?
Architecturally design it as a hostile environment CSD Research Station with pilots lounge and details encompassing research and studies.
Still away from my PS4 but paying attention to developments/discussion points.
I’d suggest a creative save competition/think-tank to design our capital base.

2 Likes

I am currently there in the PC universe. The weather is certainly er… challenging? Visibility is pretty much zero a lot of the time.

The nearest base I can find is 25 minutes from the portal.

2 Likes

So that is about a 8-10ish min drive. I like storm planets, not a deal breaker for me.

2 Likes

Go ahead and claim and name all the candidates. The system doesn’t have to be named as the capital when you upload it. The capital of the Galactic Hub was named “Lenon” rather than “Galactic Hub Capital”

3 Likes

We are trying to stay true to the votes collected, if we can. But if we must we must.

2 Likes

There is another, rather kinder planet, in the same system, named Oquiyaks Sipi. It’s a water world with generally pleasant weather, but occasional storms.

It has some quite large animals. According the planetary data, it is deficient in flora - but as you can see from the pictures, there are trees and bushes.

The big problem at the moment is that I can’t find a portal. I activated a monolith and scanned for one, and it pointed me off-planet.

Anyway, this is what it looks like:

6 Likes

I know you’re on PC, but could it be that the portal in that system was already located by @Mad-Hatter?

2 Likes

Nope. I’m looking now.

1 Like

It does have a portal.
Substitute the first glyph trick worked. Closest base is 1 hour away as always on these ocean worlds…
Address is:

3 Likes

Aikawa Gudetsiv aka miss noodles

201a009b8d1e
301a009b8d1e

I believe as two hamster tunnels.

Or did I trick myself?

1 Like