[ETARC HUB]: Citizen Science Frontiers Division CSFD

Gladly. I’ll integrate a role for the bard as “Chronicler” - the collector of galactic tales and the Bard of the stars😎.

2 Likes

Not exactly sure what you mean by ‘wrap text’, could you explain what exactly it is you wish to accomplish.

If you wish to force text to be next to an image, then reducing size of the image will somewhat work. However, it is dependant on the device you are using to check the forums. How the result looks, depends on the resolution used to view. For example:

PC

Mobile
Mobile

Ready for some trickery?

A trick you could use to force the text to be next to the logo, is to use a table. For example:

Markdown

|||
|---|---|
|![image\|250x250](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)|Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?|

Note: Make sure to use an escape character (\) in front of pipes (|) in the image upload!

HTML

<table>
<tr>
<td>

![image|250x250](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)
</td>
<td>Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?</td>
</tr>
</table>

Note: Make sure to have the image on a separate line with an empty line above, or it will be treated as plain text

Result

image Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?

This will create a table, where the full width is made to fit your resolution, and depends on the content of each column within. Column 1 contains the image, which will not be scaled. Column 2 contains text, which will be next to it, but wraps depending on resolution. This could result in a very narrow part for the text if your resolution is low (mobile), and potentially still be forced below.

It is not possible to force the width of the text, column 2. However, an additional trick can be used, knowing that an image is not scaled down. You could add an image to the 2nd column above the text, to enforce the width in column 2. Preferred to use a transparent image, to not be visible. In below example I will use the logo however:

Markdown

|||
|---|---|
|![image\|250x250](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)|![image\|250x1](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)<br/>Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?|

Note: The linebreak <br/> is used after the image in column 2, so text will continue below. The image in column 2 is only 1px high, giving the impression there is nothing (if transparent), while it enforces a width of 250px in this case, to fit text.

HTML

<table>
<tr>
<td>

</td>
<td>

![image|250x1](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)
Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Note: The text in above HTML is placed on a new line, directly after the image in column 2.

Result

image image
Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?

Now both columns of the table are forced at 250px width. The text will only wrap once it exceeds the width of the image above.

Conclusion

Sure it is possible to enforce results at times. However, not always sure if this should be done. Not only will you spend extra time, but depending on device, it may end up feeling unintuitive. Usually, if you want it to look good, get on a proper device with a good resolution, as mobile has it’s limitations. Trickery is fun, results may vary!

4 Likes

Ok, Let me try.

image image
ECSD’s Frontiers (a.k.a CSFD) is the first initiative of it’s kind in the Mercury Subroutine. It is for the true nomads, pioneers and explorers. Those restless sailors of the Cosmos’ duty is to explore the farthest reaches and limitations of the Mercury Subroutine. Their ultimate goal is to reach the True Center . On their way, they will leave a breadcrumb trail of discoveries in their wake, all claimed in the name of the ECSD. On this pilgrimage to reach the 257th dimension, these scouts of the universe will establish a network of portals and base one jump form each center to catch up other wonders of the void and to help in the return to Euclid. (If rumors are true!) We call this network the “The Etarc Hub’s Trans-Galactic Highway.” These noble souls will also report back to our forum with occasional reports of their best finds, with some coordinates and screenshots if they are so inclined. Everything is done on a volunteer basis, so anytime a member feels like stopping this role-playing to do something else in game, they may.

ECSD’s Frontiers (a.k.a CSFD) is the first initiative of it’s kind in the Mercury Subroutine. It is for the true nomads, pioneers and explorers. Those restless sailors of the Cosmos’ duty is to explore the farthest reaches and limitations of the Mercury Subroutine. Their ultimate goal is to reach the True Center . On their way, they will leave a breadcrumb trail of discoveries in their wake, all claimed in the name of the ECSD. On this pilgrimage to reach the 257th dimension, these scouts of the universe will establish a network of portals and base one jump form each center to catch up other wonders of the void and to help in the return to Euclid. (If rumors are true!) We call this network the “The Etarc Hub’s Trans-Galactic Highway.” These noble souls will also report back to our forum with occasional reports of their best finds, with some coordinates and screenshots if they are so inclined. Everything is done on a volunteer basis, so anytime a member feels like stopping this role-playing to do something else in game, they may.

Yeah that is what I wanted to do, but you are right, how is this going to look on other device. I have a PC and tablet, but as far as mobile, I am a settler, still got a slide phone with keyboard. :roll_eyes: eye roll on myself for not getting with it and get a “smart phone”.

It is really up to the person posting these, anyhow. Yet, I will gladly added this to the old tool belt. Thank you @DevilinPixy , I appreciate your help. :sunglasses: I thought of just @ing you, to start with. I figured you would have the answer. :grin:

1 Like

You’re welcome. I did however notice that your 2nd one (HTML) did not include the 1px height image, so as you will likely notice, the text gets wrapped to become quite a narrow column.

I would also consider the image with some text besides it, to be more like a header of sorts. For that reason I would try to avoid putting a whole lot of text there.

Let me show two alternatives, which, by the way, are only possible with HTML:

HTML

<table>
<tr>
<td>

</td>
<td>

![image\|250x1](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)
<big>ECSD’s Frontiers (a.k.a CSFD)</big><h3>The first initiative of it’s kind in the Mercury Subroutine.</h3>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Continued large piece of text ...

Example

image250x1
ECSD’s Frontiers (a.k.a CSFD)

The first initiative of it’s kind in the Mercury Subroutine.

Continued large piece of text …

HTML

<table>
<tr>
<td>

</td>
<td>

![image\|250x1](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)

[quote]<big>ECSD’s Frontiers (a.k.a CSFD)</big><br/>The first initiative of it’s kind in the Mercury Subroutine.[/quote]
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Continued large piece of text ...

image250x1

Continued large piece of text …

Feel free to play around with it … I think you get the idea. Just keep in mind, results may differ, use at your own risk :wink:

3 Likes

Interesting how the above examples apparently do not quite work when I emulate a mobile device. It fails to add the horizontal scroll on my end, for some reason.

1 Like

I’m not sure tables are a good idea as they generally don’t play well across platforms. Can you use DIV tags and CSS to position everything?

1 Like

Oh yes, I agree it is likely not the best way to go about it. I showed some tricks, while explaining it can result in unexpected behaviour. My last two examples above clearly show an issue for use on a mobile device, unless my emulator fails me. It is generally not advised to attempt trickery to force a certain layout.

Formatting on a forum like this is limited. It will accept a combination of BBCode, Markdown, as well as HTML, but each in their own limited ways to prevent abuse and issues. Always best to make sure to check results on different devices, but not everyone knows how to, or is capable in doing so. Even then not guaranteed to show as intended.

2 Likes

I was actually saying we need a hub historian not too long ago, like…

Did you know?: the fabled Star Chain that the hub calls home, was discovered after a calamity occurred on @Mad-Hatter 's homeworld which sent him on a pilgrimage to the Amino Hub.

En route, while we were still discussing hub locations last autumn, he posted a photo of an unusually long and prominent star chain and almost unanimously we all declared that should be the hubs home.

I may have had a hand to play in that Calamity, therefore via butterfly effect I am the official god, ruler and dictator of the star chain and anyone who questions my authority will suffer the consequences, bwahahhahahahaha (sarcasm)

While the titles bestowed upon me by @Polyphemus below are mostly in jest, I take my role as court liar quite seriously :slight_smile:

But I’d be happy to contribute any stories or history related to the hub to an official lorebard whenever such information is required by such anointed individuals.

And if anyone asks, ECSD and Ireland are both mine, I own them :joy: king of castle, me. (again, sarcasm. Need to bookend with those disclaimers these days.)

7 Likes

My homework was fine. My homeworld however was rather messed up :rofl:

4 Likes

image250x1

Okay. Okay. I am awake,

Beg your pardon on the late arrival, but the last iteration of Sir oops has pasted and it took me a while to catch up. I have read thought his notes, and his hand writing is impossible to read. He goes on and on about a space road and the Etarc Hub and outpost this and that. blah! blah! blah! Just kidding it still me.

Frontiers, I feel a NEXTUS coming on… no that’s no good…

Frontiers, We know not what is NEXT… nope, we kind of do know. Waited to long for that one.

My Frontiers and Fellow Etarcains, I am glad your still with me for what comes NEXT. I have set up a HQ on Othrys XVI|Wichukchiinic CSFD near the portal on the ECSD Firefly star chain. Both creative and normal PS4. Is there a willing member on PC to do likewise. Let me know if you want the address I’ll PM you. I am also working on a Mission for new/old CSFD members (its a game, being test see how that goes).

Roll Call…

• ECSFD member
  • Watchful Etarcain, suspicious of the action of this group!
0 voters

cool, they added a timer to polls two weeks out for everything peoples.

Approved New Outpost…

65)Loydporpen|CSFD-Hieboc BO510-GB-ZIG
66)Ibtrevskip|CSFD-Brotointast-GB-ZIG
67)Elkowaldb |CSFD-Avfundari Onye-GB-ZIG
68)Heholhofsko|CSFD-Culiges Minor-GB-ZIG

Outpost for New polls…

wait reverse that… and rearrange!

1. Yebrilowised
  • CSFD-Urihonjoersiro-GB-ZIG, Charred
  • CSFD-Mitskyer Robeo-GB-ZIG, water world, boiling superstorms, lush
0 voters
  1. Husalvangewi
  • CSFD-Okailuod Borigu-GB-ZIG, bountiful
  • Nay
0 voters
  1. Ovna’uesed
  • CSFD-Rossu-GB-ZIG, lush, WATER WORLD, good world except it never stops raining.
  • Nay
0 voters
  1. Behibusey
  • Moon, CSFD-Mutasihia-BG144-GB-ZIG, supercritical
  • Moon, CSFD-Igychiokay-AsaMizuno-GB-ZIG, bleak, sentinels hostile
  • CSFD-Memnessehk Ikyus-GB-ZIG, dead
  • CSFD-Madechiur Zurug-GB-ZIG, scorched
0 voters
  1. Nuybeliaure
  • CSFD-Yovinvent Nasreu-GB-ZIG, Virdescent, usually mild
  • Nay
0 voters
  1. Doshawchvc
  • CSFD-Jazerotshre-GB-ZIG, parasise, water world, excellent place to live.
  • Nay
0 voters
  1. Ruckinarkh
  • CSFD-Pizheggarnan-Rinuse-GB-ZIG, frozen, nice
  • Nay
0 voters
  1. Thorettac
  • CSFD-Irishijonan-7-GB-ZIG, Rocky, Clear weather
  • Nay
0 voters
  1. Nuponoparau
  • CSFD-Hefeicheongm-GB-ZIG, Tropical, water world
  • CSFD-Haealazayua-GB-ZIG, Arid extreme heat
  • CSFD-Mematacky IG297-GB-ZIG, hot
0 voters

So, with the added benefit of multiple freighters and sharing resources. I wouldn’t mind to have a crew coming with me to the True center. So, let me know. I am in Calypso PS4, if I can pick you up, I will. Not sure how that will work out but, we can give it a shot.

NEXTed, I see you Proud Etarcians. You may not just be lights in the night or writing on the wall. Whether you be Gek, Vy’Keen, Korvax, Traveller or Anomaly… Well, I’ll see you wont I. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Well, an avatar of you that isn’t an Orb of light or a profile picture. :thinking:

Blessings,
Sir Oops
:v::fist::love_you_gesture::call_me_hand:

p.s. Fitting @toddumptious

Ancient Laws of Ireland

p.p.s: If you need something to do for ten hours.

p.p.p.s Thanks for the adding us to the MINDMAP! @ashusurus

5 Likes

:no_mouth:

1 Like

Wait… Did you find mention of Etarcians in a book of ancient Irish laws or have I missed something here :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Tis true, more proof that you are the rightful king and god of the ETARC hub. Now, go get some sleep! .:rofl:

Joking aside, it would seem so. I am having some Déjà vu, bad. I think I should go get some sleep. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Count me in on PS4!! Username is: SnailynRage
Galaxy:Euclid Galaxy
System: Yorxun-Batov XIII
Region: Uachrel Expanse
DFC or DTC: 668474LY

2 Likes

Next! :exploding_head: It will take me some time to get everything back to where I want it. I am not even sure which planet was HQ anymore.

Welcome @SnailynRage! You should head over to HQ, help me get it in order again.

2 Likes

In creative HQ has the same name, but in normal another. :thinking: Is now a ocean/island planet.

Heck yeah I shall charge my hyperdrive and make miy way there!! First I need to find a planet not
actively trying to kill me so I can recharge/install better tech to get there

3 Likes

Reporting for duty! Exploring and cataloging, have just acquired a frigate as well!

3 Likes

Good to have you back Nomad, what is your CGN “Current Galactic Number”? (1-257) My record show your current Platform is a PS4. :wink:

update: fixed number of galaxies, :face_with_raised_eyebrow: there is 257 not 250 sir_oops.

Oh, also Happy Birthday Timeless one! :grin:

1 Like

Happy Cake Day @frozenbullet7! :fireworks::clap:

3 Likes