[ETARC HUB]: Citizen Science Frontiers Division CSFD

Instigator’s bi-weekly report #10

Frontier Nomads,

Sorry, this is a day late. I took the ARG’s advice and turned in early and I think I will do same tonight. So, this will be short.

I haven’t made much progress, myself, but Zig pushes on. He has jumped through his fiftieth galaxy, and left it behind. :fireworks:Way to go Ziggy, 50th!:fireworks:

Roll Call

(Going to try do this every time.)

• CSFD member

0 voters

Voting results, new outposts

|43)Oniijialdu| Eschiehal Jugent|Viridescent, boiling rain|
|44)Wucetosucc|CSFD-Enshyuejeel-GB-ZIG|overgrown|
|45)Ebyeloofdud|CSFD-Kunshiihu EakSia-GB-ZIG|Temperate, temperate|
|46)Odyavanta|CSFD-Luvilietzebery-Zunig-GB-ZIG|overgrown, boiling monsoon, oceans|
|47)Milekistri|CSFD-Ikpelaeek Uyfir-GB-ZIG|Bountiful, excellent planet|
|48)Waferganh|CSFD-Ramgandorya-GB-ZIG|Verdant|
|49)Agnusopwit|CSFD-Effridom Wikila-GB-ZIG|Viridescent, nice|

Outpost polls

see OPL

|50)Teyaypilny|CSFD-Mapakking Funsis-GB-ZIG|Bountiful, mostly calm weather, 14 creatures to find|

• Aye
  • Nay

0 voters

|51)Zalienkosm|CSFD-Dilgak Suchika-GB-ZIG|humid, beware of the flying hostile elephants|

• Aye
  • Nay

0 voters

|52)Ladgudiraf|CSFD-Dezhongf Lafusi-GB-ZIG|Rocky|

• Aye
  • Nay

0 voters

|53)Mushonponte|CSFD-Hohnsoehm Eplat-GB-ZIG|barreb, cactus|

• Aye
  • Nay

0 voters

|54)Amsentisz|

• CSFD-Yiijcamco-GB-ZIG|tropical|
  • CSFD-Incakhoflie-GB-ZIG,|hot|

0 voters

|55)Fladiselm|CSFD-Satasofn Nugpi-GB-ZIG|Paradise, extreme boiling super storms, does now show red on character just a lot of rain.|

• Aye
  • Nay

0 voters

|56)Laanawemb|

• CSFD-Ibigenbergm-Iky-GB-ZIG|Barren|
  • Elgasiakirj|High Radio Source|

0 voters

|57)Ilkerloor|CSFD-Ubarida JX831-GB-ZIG|desolate, other places – found malfunctioning planet with internal rain?|

• Aye
  • Nay

0 voters

|58)Davanossi|CSFD-Asovokuzne Uitdi-GB-ZIG|Barren|

• Aye
  • Nay

0 voters

I will try to get up those HQ candidates, soon. Get some sleep, friends.

Blessing,
:v::fist::love_you_gesture::call_me_hand:
Just another Instigator,
Sir Oops

Next report 2-13-18 (2 weeks)

1 Like

My ideas for CSFD HQ

I have three I like, Taygetulsotre, Johaitro Aswett, Wichukchiinic. Wichukchiinic was a runner up for ETARC HUB capital. I checked the other day and it was still available. (That is if @zeff013 is not calling dibs.) Wichukchiinic is on the Firefly star chain, yet feels remote. The planet is some distance form your starting position in that star system (I believe you have to fly around the large planet to get there). For more info see [ETARC HUB]: Star Catalogue - #32 by Xion4012 and [ETARC HUB]: Finding a Capital- Poll Closed - #70 by zeff013 . Taygetulsotre and Johaitro Aswett are my discovers and are in adjacent regions. Johaitro Aswett is a one planet system I pick as a temporary base of operations. I made a mock up of what I thought our HQ might look like.

Mock up CSFD HQ

I didn’t find the closes base to a portal, this one being 9hrs on foot away. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. speaking of which I think we need a new TLA (three letter abbreviation). I did find a closer base.

PTB = Portal To nearest Base i.e. PTB 9hrs{60min] first time is on foot, second driving nomad

Taygetulsotre-Base site Pictures | PTB 15:54min(4:20min)

Johaitro Aswett-Base site Pictures | PTB 18:26min(5:01min)

Wichukchiinic-Base site Pictures | PTB 22:27min(6:07min)

![No%20Man’s%20Sky_20180203074702|690x388]

Taygetulsotre I stumbled on shortly after I watched the Black mirror episode “USS Callister”. This planet like the show had the arch structures. I was exploring for systems near the chain. I showed some pictures and talked about it here, [ETARC HUB]: Finding a Capital- Poll Closed - #85 by Sir_oops.

I added Taygetulsotre and Johaitro Aswett to [ETARC HUB]: CSFD Address reporting - #116 by Sir_oops with some pictures

A. Taygetulsotre
B. Johaitro Aswett
C. Wichukchiinic
D. Penthouse
E. Etarcia

Thoughts? I would like to see two more chain candidates, if available.

2 Likes

Wichukchiinic is free to be used for whatever purpose by anyone.
I’m claiming neither it nor any other system on the chain, leaving space for those, who will move in and will build a base.
I have my teleport-in system claimed in the neighboring region on top of the chain and happy with that.
Last time I promised to help with digging candidates, but in the end arrived too late and list was already finalized and selection was ongoing.
Will try to find and supply candidates with shorter PTB time.

3 Likes

So here are my two cents. PTB is measured for “on foot”.

Mirabits-Letrau /first planed in the system/
3 planets, Gek, Minerals, Promising, Tranquil
Located as option A in earlier presented options.

Oylest /Hyokminusinog/ second planed in the system
5 planets, Gek, Trading, Affluent, Perlious
Located under option E.

4 Likes

Instigator’s bi-weekly report #11

My Dear nomadic wondering wonders,

Is this really the Onety oneth report?

Roll Call

• CSFD member
0 voters

New outpost

|50)Teyaypilny|CSFD-Mapakking Funsis-GB-ZIG|Bountiful, mostly calm weather, 14 creatures to find|
|51)Zalienkosm|CSFD-Dilgak Suchika-GB-ZIG|humid, beware of the flying hostile elephants|
|52)Ladgudiraf|CSFD-Dezhongf Lafusi-GB-ZIG|Rocky|
|53)Mushonponte|CSFD-Hohnsoehm Eplat-GB-ZIG|barreb, cactus|
|54)Amsentisz| CSFD-Yiijcamco-GB-ZIG|
|55)Fladiselm|CSFD-Satasofn Nugpi-GB-ZIG|
|56)Laanawemb| CSFD-Ibigenbergm-Iky-GB-ZIG|
|57)Ilkerloor|CSFD-Ubarida JX831-GB-ZIG|
|58)Davanossi|CSFD-Asovokuzne Uitdi-GB-ZIG|Barren|

Outpost polls

see

also
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qilpVOtRpT0nXBzmsQaqUzpMgxg7aDQ782PWEVciltY/edit#gid=338657492

59|Ploehrliou|CSFD-Gupatolmo Bombra-GB-ZIG, Verdant|weather beautiful

• Aye
  • Nay
0 voters

60|Corpinyaya|CSFD-Augenaaletzt-GB-ZIG|flourishing, islands, ocean world

• Aye
  • Nay
0 voters

61|Leckandmeram|CSFD-Hoffinggik-Omu-GB-ZIG|Abandoned sand blizzards hot

• Aye
  • Nay
0 voters

62|Quulngais|CSFD-Talukourat Uizei-GB-ZIG|Flourishing, Island world

• Aye
  • Nay
0 voters

63|Nokokipsechl|CSFD-Gasprundma JP409-GB-ZIG|flourishing

• Aye
  • Nay
0 voters

64|Galaxy: Rinblodesa|CSFD-Gleisto Eioaey-GB-ZIG|Overgrown

• Aye
  • Nay
0 voters

CSFD HQ in/near ETARC Hub

If you would like more info, or wish to debate some on locations, feel free ask or comment. Letrau and Hyokminusinog I believe have been renamed, also Othrys XVI is named as is. We need not Tag planet/sysetm with CSFD HQ.

Letrau and Hyokminusinog new names

I beleive I found the right planets. @zeff013

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/the-spacing-guild/index.php/h-e-a-d/351-etarc-hub-project

Voting will close next report, unless anyone wants int sooner

• Uynaks|Taygetulsotre
  • Ibaiore|Johaitro Aswett
  • Othrys XVI|Wichukchiinic
  • Mirabits|Letrau a.k.a Dohiris ECSD
  • Oylest |Hyokminusinog a.k.a Hyokominus ECSD (Hoppers)
0 voters

Big thanks to @zeff013 for adding two more candidates.

Blessing,
:v::fist::love_you_gesture::call_me_hand:
Just another Instigator,
Sir Oops

Next report 2-28-18 (2 weeks)

3 Likes

I started a play list showing the drive from portal to base and fly-ins from space to planet surfaces.
I still need to add some.

update: all ten videos in play list.

3 Likes

hey, been locked out, lock in the office by snow, have 2 more galaxies to give ya later,
headed to bed, 6 hours of sleep in 33 hours, missed valentine day

6 Likes

Ouch, bad luck. Office? I always figured you were retired. I don’t know how you do it, Zig. Once, HQ is figured out I’m going to start jumping. Wait on my second normal mode game, and start catching up. To say I am lagging behind is an understatement. :rofl:

4 Likes

Retired - coming soon.
This yer it has been "warm " in this area of the Arctic.
The office is 1 mile south of the town. No walking when the winds blow and snowing.
Nothing moves except the balloons I launch/twice a day.

You need to jump and do not save.
Write down what you need to repair, totaling resources, place all in the ship designated.
now you have first step done.

:beer:

5 Likes

:beers: cheers @zsigmond

I have all the videos on the playlist. I am curious if anyone on pc is at the hub? Could they get the name of these candidates. And when the time comes make the HQ base/building there. I can setup the one on PS4, but anyone one of the CSFD members is welcome to.

2 Likes

@jacobdallred is a NMS PC player looking for a hub to call home. Maybe you could help direct him to how to get to the ETARC Hub?

2 Likes

I will start a thread, just for your friend (not really - for anyone looking for the ETARC hub - it’s a good idea)…

3 Likes

I was just going to say @Polyphemus is the one he should contact. He is welcome to join the CSFD of Etarc as well.

A general note to all, I see us as a no apply membership. Just join in. I consider anyone that checks the roll call or reports a system in the reporting thread as an active member.

I believe this is the same for the Etarc Hub itself. Even leadership is handled this way.

Welcome @jacobdallred if you choose us. ask question. :grinning:

Thanks Mac and Poly

4 Likes

Agreed. The whole of ETARC is a “no apply” membership. Once you’re in, you’re in. We’re all part of the same thing.

However, there are a few technicalities. Like how to actually find the hub. And what’s the agreed acceptable behaviour once you get there. Everybody’s welcome to come - the more, the merrier.

But if you do decide to come, please don’t upset other residents. We all try to get along together.

6 Likes

Oh thank you guys. @Polyphemus, if you have started a thread on how to get to the ETARC hub, what is the name of it?

2 Likes

Ok, I’m dumb. I forgot I made a video that shows exactly how to get to the ETARC Hub using a portal. The same portal address should work on PC.

8 Likes

Can I still use that sequence to get to the ETARC, Mac?

3 Likes

Yes, they set that system aside as the gateway system, so you won’t mess up anyone’s base by claiming one there.

3 Likes

How should I deal with a tie for HQ? Perhaps, A CSFD member out there still hasn’t voted?

1 Like

Hullo all,

It looks like we have a tie breaker for HQ. the others can be CSFD bases also, or resorts… getaways.
I’ll close the poll on Next report 2-14-18 (four days) . So, if you want another find a forum friend to help. :wink:
I believe you can also change your votes any time, while it is open.

Sorry for my absents.

cheers. :beer: