Emily posted vlog #4 - It "glitches"

Looks like it could be the result of a Superluminal effect! Perhaps our actions have altered something?

1 Like

Don’t see anyone mentioning it yet, but Emily states more than once how she hopes this isn’t her final vlog in such a way that hints that she seems to think she’s disappearing. This, combined with the “glitches,” says to me what you all already surmise: she’s going full digital!

Pay close attention to the way she words her sentences… I strongly feel that none of it is by mistake.

2 Likes

I skimmed this entire convo for this info before posting it myself, but you already beat me!

Everytime i watch this Video, i have the X-files theme song in my head. She is mentioning a 180 different Websites… a hint for something? :thinking:

2 Likes

She says it might be her final vlog because this weekend is another broadcast, and that usually brings another Sigil solve. And we only have one left, so I guess she was thinking the whole thing might be wrapped up in a few days. It didn’t seem to me from her expressions that she knew anything was happening with regards to the ghosting.

Starting to get a bit worried that no one has heard from her yet!

1 Like

Exactly, there would be another sigil to solve, which means also at least 1 more vid to recap the whole thing and comment on the outcome. :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Also, what would be the odds of Emily actually being Elizabeth?

3 Likes

Exactly, she was sure to have at least one more Vlog, yet she considers this to most likely have been the last. Does not make sense, similar to how she tells us it is the last radio transmission we will receive, the last sigil to solve, the final door to open. There are plenty more glyphs, many radio stations yet unused, and nobody can know for sure it is even the last sigil to solve. So many possible open ends, yet she acts convinced, it will be over and done with over the weekend. Many of us even feel this may be tied to the NMS 1 year anniversary, with even a future August date mentioned in the last radio ad. Something doesn’t add up, yet it is supposed to make sense somehow I guess.

1 Like

More likely she is sophie dubois. Im pretty sure she said somewhere she is canadian and canadians speak French so…u know. Thats proof.

Yeah! although I’m pretty surrounded by other expats (we tend to cluster tightly), so it’s sort of this weird in-between of London and American/Canadian culture and slang when I’m socializing.

from: https://forums.etarc.org/t/interview-transcript/366
It doesn’t say what country she’s from, just that she’s surrounded by American/Canadian expats.

Also, Canadians say “aboot” a lot and she didn’t, so no proof. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just heard if you don’t know what I am talking aboot… 1:15 in lol

1 Like

As far as we know, Emily is from Edison, New Jersey. I think she grew up there. Maybe her time in London and being around Canadians there has changed her accent.

1 Like

[out-of-fiction: Look, this site is neutral ground. The players (NPC or not) here are not antagonists in this game unless A&S really want to break the fourth wall. So please just roll with it and roleplay the best you can. Having everyone constantly questioning whether Emily or ETARC is real or not just lessens the experience for everyone else. Just pretend that it’s all real here.]

11 Likes

Agreed. Just go with it and have fun. This is fucking awesome!

2 Likes

I brought this up to Orbit Tv on Twitter. imo the Ghosting is caused by Emily being stuck in a loop. Causal loops are something i recommend reading up on. If she were stuck in a time loop, the ghost you see would be her in the past (or future?). She is repeating something she has already done in a different timeline and it is bleeding through in to the current timeline.

3 Likes

I dont know why this would be contested. Of course she is apart of the ARG.

It’s not about contesting, it is known but we must roll-play as if all is/are normal :wink:

Also, good sources of NMS info: CobraTV, Sirian Gaming, Lagacy Zero, Kyle Culver etc.

2 Likes

He’s not contesting it, just that in the ARG world, when you are on a forum tied directly to it, it’s polite to just role play and treat the NPCs as willing participants, it makes the back and forth more enjoyable for both parties.

Sometimes though that King is a total Douche…

And the image is totally on topic since Rick and MOrty loves to play around with their Multiverse :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since this is my first ARG and i dont see an ARG rules anywhere to help provide guidance, where is the line between role playing and discovery? Everything in this thing so far has been about hidden clues and secret messages and we still have a ton of mysteries that are unsolved, and now Emily is becoming one of these mysteries. It’s hard to dig into her mystery and “ignore” all the facts we have about her? Not trying to be a jerk, just as a noob im not sure where the lines are…

3 Likes

and FWIW im not advocating for a massive discussion on her being fake, but my first reaction is that if NPCs are part of this and we get to interact with them, how we interact with them should be on the table? like strategy about how we approach emily or agent 59 or any other players in this game? Or is that warping the experience too much?

3 Likes