Echo-64 Numbers

First post, go easy!

I’m not sure if there’s any mathematicians in the house, but looking through the “Our Services” page the mention of Markov chains intrigued me. Visiting the Wikipedia page for Markov chains, I noted there are many formulas here.

Has anyone tried to plug these numbers into this formula? Specifically the numbers related to “voice?” (The header right next to the mention of Markov chains says “HEAR THEIR VOICE AGAIN.”

I think we might need a gynecologist as well…

1 Like

Do you mean an economist?

Or do you mean because that looks like a uterus?

2 Likes

im no expert on these things at all but i think it would be pretty hard to ‘plug’ the numbers in without a much larger data set.

Thought maybe i’m wrong. I’m not sure I understand this stuff as well as I would like.

I will let[quote=“Vortexwaw, post:44, topic:277”]
Or do you mean because that looks like a uterus?
[/quote]

I will let you fill in the blanks yourself… I’ll keep working on that joke
Edit: there I polished it :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s what we maybe have to do… We have to find the gif with the numbers in their right order!
If you pay attention you will see that the gifs are not the same if you change the order of the numbers.
So we have to find the right gif, or maybe we have to overlay every gif with every possible numerical order to get a massage. :anguished:

Got it!
Sarcasm unfortunately doesn’t translate well. :yum:

1 Like

Yeah, the background changes a bit, but I don’t think there’s any hidden meaning there. There are an infinite number of possible URLs, how do you hope to pick the right ones?

You can literally put in any string as long as it has valid characters: http://www.echo-64.com/wp-content/uploads/files/image.d-c_is_wasting_their_time.gif

This is maybe something of interest, 1974 was the year the Arecibo message was sent to Messier 13 which is a cluster of stars in the Hercules constellation. Named after Hercules which is an adaption of Heracles from Greek mythology.

The mythology between Heracles and Atlas:

One of the Twelve Labors of the hero Heracles was to fetch some of the golden apples which grow in Hera’s garden, tended by Atlas’ daughters, the Hesperides, and guarded by the dragon Ladon. Heracles went to Atlas and offered to hold up the heavens while Atlas got the apples from his daughters.
Upon his return with the apples, however, Atlas attempted to trick Heracles into carrying the sky permanently by offering to deliver the apples himself, as anyone who purposely took the burden must carry it forever, or until someone else took it away. Heracles, suspecting Atlas did not intend to return, pretended to agree to Atlas’ offer, asking only that Atlas take the sky again for a few minutes so Heracles could rearrange his cloak as padding on his shoulders. When Atlas set down the apples and took the heavens upon his shoulders again, Heracles took the apples and ran away.
In some versions,[23] Heracles instead built the two great Pillars of Hercules to hold the sky away from the earth, liberating Atlas much as he liberated Prometheus.

The Pillars of Hercules also have a link to portals.

1 Like

Hey! I looked into the arecibo message wiki and found this interesting

“The message was broadcast into space a single time via frequency modulated radio waves at a ceremony to mark the remodeling of the Arecibo radio telescope in Puerto Rico on 16 November 1974.[1] The message was aimed at the current location of M13”

The next radio broadcast is coming from Puerto Rico the 17th right? Might be something here considering there are 1974+ employees at echo. I dug deeper.
Found a book called “sirens of titan” by Kurt Vonnegut. Looking into his wiki Kurt Vonnegut - Wikiquote

I found this text “Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules — and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.” I believe this is a quote from one of his books. Guessing sirens of titan.

Now, in this book an alien race sends out one of their own with a message across the galaxy , the location being aimed for is earth but the robots ship breaks down etc(I recommend all of you to read about the plot on the wiki)
Anyhow the message he carrys is one simple dot. And in his language it means “greetings” referring to giving echo a call. On the page buttom there is a small bubble that says “say hi”
Hmm! Other things in the whole plot reminds me a lot of stuff from no man’s sky and a travellers guide to the galaxy.
Guys! I think this is really worth looking into!!!

Edit: link to sirens of titan wiki The Sirens of Titan - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Good find with the Puerto Rico bit, Highwind. We should keep the Arecibo Message in mind when the next broadcast happens.

I’m not sure if the Vonnegut novel has a connection (seems like a stretch to connect it to Arecibo), but there are some interesting bits to it. Anyway, nice sleuthing.

Thanks!:slight_smile: about sirens of titan. A lot of the plot from that book reminds me about no man’s sky. The alien Salo and his race are similar to the korvax:)
But yeah, it might be far-fetched:p

Salo gets stranded on a planet called titan and his ship needs a small metal component to repair his ship. He sends out a emergency call to his own race and they help him by manipulating mankind into carv hidden messages in monuments to Salo. For instance the geat wall of China.
As this takes place Salo is stranded with a human/humans on titan and one of them has a son (cronos) he gets hold of this piece of.metal somehow and brings it to Salo on titan alowing them to go back to earth.
When they get back the father of cronos who befriended Salo dies. Here is a quote

"Salo returns Constant to Earth where he dies of exposure in wintertime Indianapolis whilst waiting for an overdue city bus. But as he passes away he experiences a pleasant hallucination secretly implanted in his mind by a compassionate Salo. Like a echo? “Pleasant hallucination”
Makes me think of what if no man’s sky is a simulation.

Before I forget “constant” is the father of cronos and he is the main protoganist in the book.

Also! Salos race leaves messages on earth for him. They say

Replacement part Beeing rushed with all possible speed"
“Be patient . We haven’t forgotten about you”
"We are doing the best we can
You will be on you way before you know it

Edit: Salo needs this piece of metal to fix his ship. Similar to how you give some broken korvax different types of stuff to “fix” them

This isn’t as far-fetched as it looks. Let’s compare to NMS: Starting the Game the Player is stuck on a planet with a crashed Ship. To repair the ship, Carite Sheets (metal components) are needet.
When you listen to the Sounds of the Player Character (for example taking damage) it often sounds a bit “robotic”. That’s why some players (me too) believe the Player is Korvax. On his Adventure the Player gets help from Nada and Polo. Nada, the Superior of both, is a Korvax.

Edit: Also, Nada and Polo somehow managed to “cheat” the Simulation, beeing inside of a Anomaly outside of Simulations Space and Time. Refer to “Cronos” God of Time?

1 Like

Man this is great stuff!
Here’s some more about Salon’s ship. The alien in the book

Salo, the Tralfamadorian explorer, is a robot built millennia earlier to carry a message to a distant galaxy. His spacecraft is powered by the Universal Will to Become or UWTB, the “prime mover” which makes matter and organization wish to appear out of nothingness. (UWTB, Vonnegut informs the reader, was responsible for the Universe in the first place and is the greatest imaginable power source).

My thought is some kind of connection the polo and nadas anomaly? Maybe they didn’t cheat the simulation, but actually runs it? You constantly give reports to polo about your progress to get new tech…why?

1 Like

So I only started following this whole thing a couple of days ago, so I’m very new to all of this. That said, I hope this isn’t repeated anywhere else and that this isn’t a total waste of space.

The Echo-64 ad seemed very specific about the the lady’s grandma’s age. “I lost my grandmother, Emma, 2 years ago. She was 85.” — seems very specific about her age, and I’m hesitant to think they would throw that detail in there for no reason.

So… doing the math, and assuming that the advertisement is from this year, that would put her grandma’s birth year as 1930. Has anyone studied the significance of this year? I saw another post linking William Lowell Putnam to all of this, and 1930 appears to be outside of his lifetime… but still just a thought to see what went on that year.

Let’s keep this thread about the numbers on echo-64, not NMS. We may need to refer back to this thread later if we need to use clues hidden on previous sites in a later step, please don’t clutter it up with your theories about NMS (there are plenty of other threads for that here in WT Thoughts & Theories).

@snackcake, it’s possible this could be added to the other “year” numbers from echo-64, though this one feels like a bit more of a stretch than the hard numbers from the site itself (1974, 1799, 1802, 1808). It doesn’t seem so out of place to me that someone would mention how old their grandparent was when they died.

Really interesting. Nice work!

Concerning the bit about the “say hi” speech bubble, unfortunately it seems someone else has already concluded this was simply a part of the wordpress template they used to create the Echo-64 site. I was wondering the same thing!

1 Like

I am really frustrated by the lack of direction at this point. However here is something to chew on maybe. It just seems so random. The RGB reference is on every page. The last glyph unlocked is a triangle within a triangle. The number 3 is prominent.

Here are the RGB values of the 7 prism colors:
red 255, 0, 0
orange 255, 165, 0
yellow 255, 255, 0
green 0, 128, 0
blue 0, 0, 255
indigo 75, 0, 130
violet 238, 130, 238

Here is the RGB value of the average. It is a brick like brown:
average 154, 96.85, 89
hex if 96 9A6059
hex if 97 9A6159

If you take the last non 0 B values:
final three 255, 130, 238
hex FF82EE
It is a pepto pink.

If you take the inverse 84.190.188:
inverse 171, 65, 67
hex AB4143
It is a reddish color.

Brown:
brown 165, 42, 42
hex A52A2A

Does this set off any bells with anyone?

Did the number sequence “112 97 115 116 101” that’s above the hex string ever get used for anything? And I keep thinking it’s odd that the line separating the two is partially red and partially grey.

It reads “paste”, and the hex string was decoded to reveal a quote from Shakespeare’s Hamlet. The Game Detectives Wiki has more detail on this if you wish to investigate further! ^u^

1 Like