Echo-64 Numbers

1799+1802+1808÷3=1803

1803 was the year Essay on the Modification of Clouds (in which his classification of clouds is still in use today) was published in Philosophical Magazine.

Sean Murray of Hello Games once said “Temporal AA and my new cloud rendering tech should be coming soon too”

We had temporal AA in the last game update, this means the new cloud rendering tech is coming in this update.

If i am right i will eat my keyboard.

3 Likes

An additional number to add into this mix is the 64 in “Echo-64.com”. What does the 64 signify?

If one were to look at Wikipedia, apparently 64 is the square of 8, the cube of 4, and the sixth power of 2. 64 seems to be a pretty significant number in general.

1 Like

Hamlet Why, then 'tis none to you; for there is nothing either good
or bad but thinking makes it so. To me it is a prison.

Rosencrantz Why, then your ambition makes it one. 'Tis too narrow for your
mind.

Hamlet O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a
king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Hamlet, Act II, Scene 2, Lines 1350-1355

The Titans are imprisoned in Tartarus. They wish to become once again kings of infinite space.

EDIT: note, the line numbers are a reference to the whole play, so I think the relevant number is 1350

@Emily

3 Likes

The diplodocus type dinosaur is an important thing in no man’s sky, it’s like a rare type of animal everyone wants to find. So there might be something to it.

1974 and Germany (Run Lola Run and a german IP range)…
so 1974 germany became world champions at soccer.
i hate soccer

My own compilation of numbers from searching through the site for hints to a Dropbox URL:

1 Like

Tinfoil hat time again.

When people talk about putting the numbers together (adding?) them.

I realised that several of the numbers have a ‘+’ after them, some for no obvious reason…

21,000+ ‘Individual Echos Created’
15,000+ ‘Families Served’
1974+ ‘employees worldwide’
4+ ‘years of web design’

Not sure if this is important but thought I should share.

I mean, if you add them all together you get 37978. Again, not sure if that means anything. But if we’re also going by symbols that seem out of place, we could look at all of the web addresses. For example, Echo-64. Why not just make it Echo64? Again, seems silly, but maybe worth it.

So we’d have something like 21000+15000+1974+4-64-75-70-65-6(c).

Solve for c? I don’t know, hah. But maybe it COULD mean something.

64 75 70 6c 65 is hexadecimal and converted to ASCII it spells duple.

1 Like

The difficult thing about all of these numbers and sequences right now is that we really don’t have anywhere to plug them into. Hard to find an answer from all this chaos when there’s no question.

1 Like

On the numbers theme:

There are consistent math/puzzles in No Man’s Sky when accessing buildings’ terminals. A very common one that comes up is a pattern of four numbers, let’s say 1234, for example.
The game will give you this:
1234 - 2341 - 3412 - XXXX

And ask you what the next four numbers should be, with multiple choice answers.
This particular one being: 4123
This is just an example, but this reddit post has pretty much all the varying math codes/problems in the game. There are different formula used, so maybe one of those could match something? I haven’t really tried myself.

Was just something I thought of while sitting at work. lol.

1 Like

Has anyone explored the possibilitty of a book cipher involving Hamlet 2,2 or even page 11 itself?

2 Likes

Pulled the line numbers from Hamlet. Nothing really jumps out for me but it’d be good for others to have a look:

Footer:

84 Horatio But, in the gross and scope of my opinion,

190 Horatio. Walks o’er the dew of yon high eastward hill.

188 Horatio. So have I heard and do in part believe it.

About Us:

21 Marcellus. O, farewell, honest soldier.

15 Bernardo. …The rivals of my watch, bid them make haste.

3.5 Francisco. Nay, answer me. Stand and unfold yourself.

5 Franciso. Bernardo?

History:

2009 Hamlet. So long? Nay then, let the devil wear black, for I’ll have a…

2012 Hamlet. shall he suffer not thinking on, with he hobby-horse, whose…

2015 stage note [hautboys play. The dumb show enters.]

2016 Hamlet. Enter a King and a Queen very lovingly; the Queen embracing

2017 Hamlet. him and he her. She kneels, and makes show of protestation

1974 Hamlet. Get you a place.

Careers:

1799 Ophelia. My lord?

1802 Hamlet. That if you be honest and fair, your honesty should admit no discourse to your beauty.

1808 Hamlet. but now the time gives it proof. I did love you once.

Search Page:

1350-1 Hamlet. Why, then ‘tis none to you; for there is nothing either good or
bad but thinking makes it so. To me it is a prison.

The problem with line numbers in Shakespeare is that they change depending on what edition you’re looking at (I found that to be the case when looking online). However, the Act and Scene numbers are consistent, and perhaps down the road these might become important. Good idea trying to match the numbers with them though!

2 Likes

Thanks. Have you a link to other editions? I’ll run up a comparison

EDIT: got it. Hamlet :: Internet Shakespeare Editions

http://wytchmourne.com/cypher/ – If anyone is still looking into book cyphers, going by word (like was done with the lyrics for Believe), I made a site to simplify things for you. It comes pre-loaded with Hamlet Act 2 Scene 2. There were others found online but it didn’t pull the same words as I got when counting by hand.

And 64 divided by 4 is 16.

Has anyone discussed the filename for the “this breaks white into seven” image? Most of the filenames on the site have a pretty standard convention of {description}{relevant number and/or counting number} e.g. grave1 or echo-501 (“50” being the width of this version of the image).

However, the file for the “this breaks white into seven” clue doesn’t follow this pattern. It is image.21403.gif. Anyone have any idea if the “21403” means anything?

Edit: NEVERMIND. The numbers just refer to the order in which you clicked the images. If you click the images in order you get image.01234.gif. Change up the order and you’ll change the ordering of the numbers in the filename. In fact it looks like it is coded so that if you go to image{anything except “.21403”}.gif you get the “order of things” image.

Probably unimportant but since we’re throwing out numbers, the Shutterstock image used on echo-64.com/atlas is Shutterstock ID# 626804273

So I’ve spent the last couple of hours with the Career numbers and might have found something? Still trying to find something that ties it together, this may be grasping at straws but it does seem to have some connections to WT.
Heres what I found:

1799 - The First public performance of Joseph Haydn’s “The Creation” which has its roots in Genesis aka the creation of the world.

1802 - Haydns last major work, “Harmoniemesse”, which is a kind of wind ensemble

1808 - Haydns last public appearance where he attended a performance of his “Creation”. Haydn dies shortly after in
1809 - www.austria.info/uk/things-to-do/cities-and-culture/joseph-haydn-life-and-works/move-to-vienna-and-world-renown

My own theory relating to the careers page-
1799 falls under the Web Developer section (aka creating content)
1802 - Support section - Wind instruments could be considered a “supporting instrument” (bit a stretch)
1808 - Counselor - “help them use their Echo to work through their emotional situation”. This seems like it could tie into Haydns failing state at the end of his life.

2 Likes