Citizen Scientists Division - Needs Collaborative User-designed Logo!

Not sure if you saw this Wall of Logos Anyone could potentially have a decal in-game which would be cool. ( I shall prompt HelloGames to enable this feature!)
Check this out too, as it was a plausible reboot of the thread which may explain a bit more. I was late to join this forum only landing here because of Waking Titan so not exactly sure how it all originated. It seems logical Spock… that the CSD or ETARC fantasy has some form of identity. I’m beginning to lose track of what’s real and unreal now lol

It would be fun maybe in the future to perhap even collect some custom made decals, by visiting the ‘staging’ areas like Hubs to journey around the galaxy. The logo doesn’t have any practical use except maybe for a Christmas mug or a nerdy birthday T-Shirt.

I think it would be nice to see a familiar logo on someone or something in game so you could say, ‘I know that! I visited that place once. They’ve a helpful website too. Let me give you the link. One sec.’
Or you could cross the to the other side of the street if you spot someone odd wearing a nerdy black T-Shirt you’d prefer not to admit that you have one too.

It would be fun when you are out in the furthest reaches of space entirely alone to come across maybe a footprint and perhaps a torn patch of dusty old cloth. The last relic of Johnnyintheclouds before he wandered into the forbidden zone never to return…TO BE CONTUNUED. Logos save lives and friendships lol (except if you have a handbag!)

6 Likes

Hi there thought you might find this interesting. I dug a little deeper to be clearer on the copyright of the Shutterstock image and just as importantly fonts. In conclusion the logo ‘A’ is royalty free and okay to use. It’s actually used to promote a non-free font by the same designer. You can read my post here

2 Likes

SO…I tried to get patches made of the logos but local shops are resistant unless I order hundreds of them…so I officially give up on patches.

Next step: I was wondering if I could (have permission from the logo creators to) print some of the logos as reverse-image onto media I will have color-laser printed (by a friend). The media is easily bought in stores and it originally is intended to laminate paper media. But printing an image in reverse will make it a perfect window sticker (it has stick-em glue on one side and printable plastic on the other). I want to stick a few of the logos in the back window of my truck! -)

If I get permission, I would need a high-resolution version of the image. Since they will be printed on a standard laser printer, I need a lossless format like .bmp or something similar. Not a JPG or PNG as those are compressed formats and the sharpness/clarity is sacrificed in order to shrink the file size.

TQQdles™

4 Likes

Anyone is free to use any of the creations I made here. Most my work was created as Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), which is common for logo designs. On the forum my work has been provided as PNG, which is lossless, although at times required to be compressed to meet the file size requirements. PNG compression however is lossless, using DEFLATE.

Contact me in a PM, letting me know which of my works you require and what format you desire and I will provide a proper download link.

I am sure any of the other users who created logos, will be similarly willing to help out, but you’ll have to contact them, as I can only speak for myself.

4 Likes

Why doesn’t someone gather all of the logos into one easily accessible thread. I would like to print them out as mementos.

4 Likes

Am on it- was already going to make a new thread for the rest of the logo set.
I can include the star chain graphics, the portal, the OG ETARC logo, the wall of Civilized Space logos, and the new ETARC/CSD logo. Anything else I should add?

@Dolnor Keep an eye out for that new thread today. I’ll make a DropBox link with some common lossless formats (AI, BMP, EPS) and will post it there.

And of course, just as DevilinPixy said, everything I’ve made here is free to use. Have it at!

7 Likes

Thank you everyone!

I’ll take pictures and post them once they’re in my window. Now, I’ll need to control my impulse to apply them all to my windows…don’t want to get a traffic ticket because I can’t see out to drive! LOL

TQQdles™

4 Likes

Happy
Cake
Day
@LilLadyD76
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

4 Likes