Brother Can You Spare a Captured Nanode? Help please

On the Galactic map, have you scrolled through the different objectives. On a controller, this would be done using the D-pad. Sometimes, mine changes on its own. I kept having to reset it on my recent journey to the Galactic Core. The Atlas Path is on the list but not accessible for me because I completed the Atlas Path.

3 Likes

This is confusing, because ‘birth a new star’ is specific to the Atlas Path, while the ‘reset’ (Reset Simulation) is the final choice for the Artemis Quest (The Purge).

This is what you get for completing the Purge (Artemis Quest), the Remembrance Blueprint. You get it either way, regardless of the choice you make; No reset (which you chose), or reset and pick a new galaxy to move to. So I imagine you are still in the Euclid Galaxy.

You are clearly missing completion of the Atlas Path, if you are unable to craft the ‘Heart of the Sun’. In an image you showed earlier, the Atlas Path is not an available option in the Log under Primary Missions. So for whatever reason the Atlas Path is missing for you.

I would love to know some of your progress related to the Atlas Path. Have you ever started this quest line and done at least some of the steps? When was the last time you were able to, and active on this path, considering you have many hours into this save? Major updates have changed things slightly in regards to the Atlas Path. These major updates, such as Atlas Rises, Next, and Beyond, have caused issues with it as well. Specifically the Beyond update appears to have broken the quest for many. You are not the only one out there searching for ways to activate the Atlas Path again, in order to obtain the ‘Heart of the Sun’, or even the ‘Star Seed’ blueprint.

Perhaps you can show us an image of your ‘Milestones’, specifically the ‘Journey Milestones’, which would tell us something about the required progress for the Atlas Path. Additionally it would help to know if you unlocked any of the Atlas Seed blueprints, which can be found in the ‘Catalogue’ under ‘Curiosities’ as well as in your Inventory when trying to craft a product, by selecting the right-most tab for curiosities. This would give us at least some idea of where you are at when it comes to the Atlas Path.

Now to fix this issue, I see different reports, although most have yet to find a solution it seems.

• For some the Atlas Path shows up again after travel to ‘new/unexplored’ systems, especially when an Atlas Station is present.
  • Some say warping many times, while trying to talk to Nada and more important Polo on the Nexus regularly, might get the mission to pop up again.
  • Others say to look or ask for a Black Hole to jump through (Polo), to then ask for Atlas coordinates again, which then shows on the map and possibly allows to get things started again.
  • I have also seen reports of looking for a crashed ship site, which has the red orb next to it (crashed player/traveller). Interacting with the orb is said to possibly start the Atlas Path again.

I am not sure about any of the above, as it remains sort of vague as to what could possibly trigger it to become available again. It may even be related to progress you made, which is why I asked about your Milestones and Blueprints.

Either way, if you do manage to get it started again, make sure to select the mission in the log. Be aware that by the end of the Atlas path, you should have all the required blueprints to craft the Heart of the Sun, regardless of the choice you make. Depending on your final choice, you may receive another reward, which is not required for Remembrance, but certainly very useful (Star Seed).

If all fails and you are on PC, a Save Editor can fix the issue. Just make sure to create a backup before attempting any fix, as it is easy to mess up. Feel free to ask me for details if need be.

2 Likes

It’s greyed out for me too.

1 Like

Okay, this makes sense. For me, all three completed one right after the other; within minutes. That’s why I assumed I got Remembrance for completing the Atlas Path.

I’m on PS4. So I don’t think I can go back to a save that far back?

Here’s my Milestones:

I’ve never gotten blueprints for any of the Seeds. I didn’t even know they existed, until this mess started. LOL

2 Likes

At least it is still possible for you to ask Polo for Atlas Stations. Once completed, you will no longer have that option. At least, that is true for me.

2 Likes

Your Milestones are more than enough to meet the final requirement for the Atlas Path, which would be 50 total milestones (Magellan). So when it comes to progress, I think we can rule out needing any new requirements to get the Atlas Path active again somehow.

Could you show a picture of your Catalogue > Curiosities, just for peace of mind you do indeed not have any of those blueprints?

2 Likes

Sure thing!

2 Likes

Interesting. So you have not really started the Atlas Path.
Here is a list of the seeds.

Also, do you have all of the warp drives installed, so you can reach the blue, red and green systems?

2 Likes

On my starships, yes. On my Capital ship, no. But I never really use it to travel between systems. I almost exclusively use my starships.

2 Likes

Good. Not needed on your Freighter for the Atlas Path

1 Like

The images do suggest that you have yet to start the Atlas Path, which seems odd considering how far you are into the game already. You say you have been playing on and off for about a year and a half. So you started playing in NEXT I assume?

I can imagine for someone who started prior to Atlas Rises to possibly miss out on the new things added back then. For someone who started since Atlas Rises or later, these blueprints have been available. This makes it really odd to see someone who played for a long time and progressed far into the game, to not have anything related to the Atlas Path yet. There must be some serious bug going on here… or you are just really good at ignoring the Atlas :rofl:

2 Likes

I believe there is a serious bug. Before Beyond, you received Remembrence blueprint and then began the Atlas Path. At the end, if you chose to build Remembrence and access the lore, it consumed Heart of the Sun. You had to rebuild each seed to regain a new Heart of the Sun and make you choice at the final Atlas interface.
However, I think there was a name change in one of the seeds when Beyond released. We now have the Soul Engine which also looks like a seed. Did this replace Heart of the Sun? I don’t know. I may begin a new save to see what happens…

2 Likes

Next had just landed, I think, when I started.

I’d been to several Atlas Stations over that time, but it never said anything about any seeds. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

This is why so many of us have restarted the game so many times. Some missions break when an update arrives.

2 Likes

Possible solution I have seen mentioned mostly, is to ask Polo for a black hole, jump through and return to ask Polo for an Atlas Station. Supposedly this will then become available on the Galaxy map again and get things started.

I am running out of ideas and if all fails, I would suggest to report this to Hello Games’ Zendesk, including your save and hope for a fix.

2 Likes

This worked for me. I chose to do nothing at the end of the Atlas Path. This is supposed to leave the Atlas Path open so you can return later.
Mine disappeared.
When I started my journey to the center and made my first blackhole jump, the Atlas Path reappeared. I chose to birth a new star, and that was it. Done. Nothing else happened.

2 Likes

You guys have been amazingly helpful tonight!

Just tried the wormhole idea. Traveled almost 500k lys. Polo didn’t give me squat! I’m sick of that little dude not doing his job! He needs to be fired. I’m about to go all “Karen”, over here. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

We should report the Atlas Path disappearing. This seems to be a bug. It is not the first time either. The Atlas Path has given many people problems with each update.
If we are this lost and confused, perhaps HG has also gotten lost somewhere on the Atlas Path. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: If this Galaxy keeps expanding, they may never be found!

I do have to wonder though, what is it about this quest line that keeps breaking?

2 Likes

Of course, it could be that they are rebuilding the Atlas Path and it is simply unfinished. I have always felt the ending was anti-climatic. It really should lead to the center and some huge discovery about the Atlas. Perhaps one day it will.

2 Likes