Brother Can You Spare a Captured Nanode? Help please

Yeah, since Synthesis the base computer has been removed from the build list when on the other side of portals. Can still be done if you’ve got a rare account with the old Next base restoration mission intact :slight_smile:

It happened to me after I got remembrance and Polo stopped giving out Atlas station co ords (see image in my earlier post). In fact all reference to the atlas path disappeared from the mission log.

6 Likes

Oh… I believe if you are lucky enough to find an extremely rare ‘wild’ base computer (sits in the middle of a clear area where ‘Habitable Buildings’ once did), then you can pull off a through-the-portal base claim…maybe.
I’ve never actually tried it. I’ve only seen 2 in hundreds of hours of exploring.

My best suggestion would be waypoint & warp. Just check the Pilgrim Path app first & see how far away you are. Maybe black hole roulette is required…if that still even works. :thinking:

3 Likes

Oh, I never realised…

3 Likes

It can be done - but it needs someone who is legitimately (i.e. not through a portal) at the other end.

@sheralmyst, @DevilinPixy, @AdaRynin and I tested it recently.

You can travel unlimited distances if you’re invited to join someone else’s game. Once you arrive, you build a base (because you didn’t arrive through a portal, you’re allowed to). Then, even when you’ve left the shared game, you can teleport back to the base any time you like.

6 Likes

I came across one of those a few weeks ago during the weekend mission. I did claim it and build there. But it’s an inhospitable planet, so I’ve only been back there a couple of times.

2 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Can’t even begin to tell you how aggravating this is.

I’m going to search for another one, and hope for a different result.

2 Likes

Topher, I lost track, what is your goal, to craft the Remembrance? If I or someone crafted the Atlas Seeds and joined your game and gave them to you (if that’s possible), would that help?

I don’t think it’s built-in, because it hardly ever ever happens to me (annoyingly slow to find perhaps, but not none). It must be other factors, maybe we can find out?

E.g. maybe there is a cap on how many entities the game can generate and handle at the same time, so if you do the quest at rush hour in multiplayer, half the capacity is taken by other players and fewer animals “fit in”. Whereas maybe I completed the same quest easily, just because I did it at a quiet hour and went to a further away place (to avoid VR headaches due to multiplayer lag).
Or maybe the generation cap depends on the players’ planet quality settings, and it generates fewer animals for slower graphic cards… who knows.

In procgen’ed games, identifying a suitable quest location is not simple, because you need to generate whole systems, there is no “lookup table” that you can quickly query like in other games. It needs to blindly generate neighbouring star systems until it finds one with a suitable planet type, and then generate the planet surface to find out if not two generation rules have canceled each other out…

(Say maybe the planet is set to have knowledge stones, and also have oceans, but knowledge stones cannot be under water, so the mission would need to sample hill-height-above-water-table to see if there are enough islands for the stones to even generate.)

And when should it stop generating new planets and instead just pick the least bad mission location, maybe the next planet will be perfect? Maybe it will be a waste of time?

4 Likes

@AdaRynin Ultimately, yes, I’m trying to craft Remembrance.

At this point it is a battle of principle. :rofl: I’m trying to locate Atlas Stations to see if it’ll get me back into the quest line to create it. Like most everyone here, my save file is hundreds and hundreds of hours long, so I would hate to have to start from scratch just to get it.

I found one so far, and it gave me the response in the pic. No other options, just “leave”. Maybe they have to be hit in some kind of order? I don’t know.

Thanks for the offer. I’ll let you know if I want to try that route. :grin:

3 Likes

Hmmm, that doesn’t look good. I wouldn’t expect a different result from visiting another one.
At this point, you might be better off by just giving yourself the required tech with a save editor (that’s assuming you’re on PC…)

3 Likes

When I travel by portal to get to an atlas system this is the default message I get from the atlas.
I guess to stop abuse of game progression. I screenshot it too at the time .
The text is different when I fly there. Did you fly there or portal jump?

5 Likes

Ummm…

Stretching my memory here… but don’t you get remembrance after completing The Purge?

And don’t you need to complete both the Atlas Path and the Artemis quest before you can start The Purge?

4 Likes

I never had to complete theatlas path before the purge. The artemis questline, yes, since that’s part of the story leading up to the purge, but the atlas path isn’t.

4 Likes

As far as I remember, you need Heart of The Sun to create Remembrance. And you can only get that from completing the Atlas Path.

But, as I say, stretching my memory…

3 Likes

That’s what I thought.
You get the recipe for the first seed & then off you go hunting ingredients, returning to the Atlas, getting the next recipe & using the previous one…on & on.
At some point you get the Star Seed tech…

As far as I have found the only thing Remembrance gets you is access to the lore in the back rooms…none of which is particularly exciting or essential.
If you can’t access this in game lore due to a bug/issue then you can probably source up the lore online somewhere.

5 Likes

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming: you know… at this point I’m not sure. Yesterday was a bad day, health-wise. I’m going to assume that I did, and keep going.

3 Likes

So you DO have to do the reset?

I completed all the quests, and when it came time to decide to reset and birth a new star, or keep exploring and reset later, I chose to keep exploring.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what the whole thread is about. But you don’t need remembrance for the purge. In fact it only becomes usefull after completing the whole questline (I’m assuming regardless of which decision you take at the end).

I never did not do the reset, so I can’t know for sure, but I’d imagine you’d also get it if you don’t do the reset. After all, you do have the tech, right?

3 Likes

This is what I got after choosing NOT to reset.

Since receiving it, I’ve had no random encounters with Atlas Stations, and Polo never points them out on the map, no matter how many times I’ve asked.

2 Likes

Topher, did you ever answer the question whether talking to Polo gave you the option to find and Atlas Interface?

Could be you skipped part: If you completed the Purge in an old version by choosing to explore Euclid, I think there was a bug that the Atlas Rises (?) update gave certain people the Remembrance blueprint without a way to actually craft it…?

By the way, “go through the centre” and “reset the simulation” are two different things. Both of them take you to a different “galaxy” (from which you can nowadays return via base terminal). But you can always choose to travel through the centre of the galaxy you’re in, even without resetting the simulation.

2 Likes

Yep. That option is always available when I talk to Polo. When I choose it, he replies saying be careful yada yada. Then when I leave the Anamoly, there’s never anything marked in the map.

4 Likes