Atlas passes have arrived

It shouldn’t be too long to see some reaching Oregon. Even better, the ARG should kick into high gear and we are that much closer to the next big NMS update.

2 Likes

I live in Florida, so it might be a few days before they arrive down here.

…I mean, that is IF I’m one of the lucky 10,000 right?

2 Likes

Go to the ocean, throw a net in and pull it back in.
If there is a chest full of gold then you will get a pass!!!

lol

2 Likes

So my chances are that slim eh?

2 Likes

Im in Switzerland, so I will certainly not get anything either… :frowning:

1 Like

Not yet at least.

1 Like

The address i gave is my old apartment, and my former house mates JUST had a baby yesterday so… Chances of them paying attention to mail in the next few days are very slim XD

4 Likes

Emily knows, international mail will take a while more…
BTW, No news of our dear omniscient overlord?

4 Likes

Virakotxa! Good to see ya! No news yet but I’d say we’ll be hearing from the boss her/its self soon.

2 Likes

I rummaged through the mass of junk mail that fell through my door yesterday looking for an Atlas pass before i learned only Canada has them so far.

2 Likes

I was just thinking about designations…

I remember there was a group called AWK, and I found this:

“AWK is a programming language designed for text processing and typically used as a data extraction and reporting tool.”

Could this mean something? I think the designations are just a result of the questions we had to answer for the survey…

I am in a very small group, and a friend of mine that in France got the same as me…

Argggggg this is killing me !!

Happy for the Canadian people though!! Looks pretty awesome!

5 Likes

I’m dying to know about these designations myself as well! Similar thing happened here, in that my closest fellow CS, both of us in England got the same (smallish) group, excited to learn the significance of…or maybe they will turn out to have no significance at all and it was all just for the crack so they could watch how inventive we would become going crazy trying to attach meanings :crazy_face:

Truly though, I think we’ll learn something soon…and yes how cool for those in Canada, home of Alice and Smith, to be receiving first! :canada: :love_letter:

1 Like

Waking Titan in a nutshell.

I believe the designations were commented on at some point. Something about grouping individuals with like/different skill sets? I don’t have the exact quote.

2 Likes

HG-16 reporting in from Ottawa :rocket:

im so frickin excited lol

15 Likes

Excerpt from Q&A session with Alice & Smith after end of ARG phase 2

48.Crimeth - Yesterday at 11:06 PM

49.@Anashel will we ever find out what our CSD IDs actually represented? :\

50.Anashel - Yesterday at 11:07 PM

51.@Crimeth I can’t answer that

52.Anashel - Yesterday at 11:07 PM

53.But they are not random

55.Sky - Yesterday at 11:10 PM

56.@Anashel Did we get the question right after the 5 groups things with the binary and such? Since Emily said soemthing along the lines of “It’s OK, you’re human”

57.Anashel - Yesterday at 11:11 PM

58.@Sky nooo, you didn’t got it right but this puzzle experiment deserved to be talk in details. (not now, but clearly later when we can)

60.Kilmerval - Yesterday at 11:11 PM

61.Haha The divide [between designations] starts again

62.Anashel - Yesterday at 11:12 PM

63.No, the number are not to divide, but groupe different profile that would not normally group. In part.

5 Likes

wonder if the designations are for different inputs
in game ?
in puzzles?
in pictures?

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t see how it’s going to work. According to Sean Murray, more than 250,000 people from 176 countries took part in the original ARG. But only 10,000 of those will receive passes. Around 4%.

If the passes are required to play the ARG, then that automatically excludes 96% of the original players, plus everyone who’s coming to the ARG as a new player, plus everyone who bought No Man’s Sky after 1.3.

I just don’t see it.

1 Like

Yeah, but remember the tape that were send to a handfull of people ?

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was saying on the 10th glyph topic, I don’t get it aswell

1 Like

I said this first back in june or july or whenevr but I’ve always felt like, 10,000 of us are getting physical passes, the rest will get a jpeg copy emailed to them. I still think thats how it will go IF atlas passes turn out to be puzzle peices in the next phase.

If they aren’t a puzzle peice then they are just what they are, a nice momento and a great way to kickstart the hype for the next phase too.

Hello Games know if they made part of the experience exclusive, it would be launch day drama all over again.

3 Likes