Atlas Pass lv. 4

Actually, that’s not 100% accurate.

It doesn’t “fix” it necessarily, it slightly builds upon it. Storms on lush planets in 1.38 can be either toxic, or boiling hot. I don’t believe it was actually a glitch originally, just some kind of placeholder. It seems like they’re slowly inching us towards some kind of weather overhaul to come in a future update.

1 Like

It was. Makes no sense for lush planets to have toxic rain.

Really? Remember, the symbol for toxic is actually the biohazard symbol.

It makes more logical sense to have a biohazard than heat hazard. Water will only precipitate at those temps if the pressure were incredibly high. Or if it wasn’t actually water. That doesn’t make sense.

Anyone else see this? Heard anything different?

4 Likes

I have not seen this news. You would think that it would be announced here if that were the case…

That’s not news. They said the same thing in an “oldgods” e-mail at the end of WT. And Anashel himself said the same thing here not too long ago. No new updates.

It IS news they’ve been having problems with production…and now we’re almost two months after they said the passes could take “a few weeks” to arrive…so yes, this IS very much news and very relevant news.

He’s right, without an official announcement it’s nothing more than speculation.

1 Like

half a million people subsribed for the Atlas V4 copy? I missed this information I guess? From where does it come from? :confused:

Dude if 500.000 people filled the form, there’s no way I’m getting one xD

giphy

4 Likes

I don’t know who made that up but there is no way that is accurate…none of the WT streams had even 10k viewers at the best of times and rarely even broke 5k. And the end of phase one email subscription calls weren’t exactly well advertised…and to make things worse the followup survey emails landed in plenty of peoples’ junk folders. I’d be genuinely surprised if they actually got 10k proper mailing addresses out of it.

2 Likes

I took it to mean that there was around that many log-ins during the Waking Titan ARG.

In this thought, players that logged in multiple times and/or used multiple devices could have been counted more than one time. And if that were that case, I was easily guilty of 3 dozen (or more) of those counts.

4 Likes

I know @DarthTrethon ! That’s why I was worried! (:
I have been following the ARG since phase 1… and as you say, twitch broadcasts barely broked 5k… so.

I guess wait and see…

Atlas pass v4 are driving me crazzaaay (:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Then get out of the spaceship!!!

4 Likes

I still want one, to be sure. But my desire has simmered down a bit with the passage of time to checking my email about once or twice a week. And if I don’t receive mine? Well, that would stink, but I’ll just make a painting of one. :yum:

It should be noted half the world were asleep during those twitch broadcasts, while we did question the 10,000 number when first announced, through conversations with discord, reddit, people using live streaming services for public events and meet ups etc I’ve come to realise, there are well over more than 10,000 of us that were ARG heavy. Maybe not 10,000 actively eager participants checking daily for progress, but there was certainly a couple of 10’s of 1000’s paying attention and registering their emails.

3 Likes

So, do you think that it is less or more than 100,000

Agreed! Or, if we have to accept toxic rain on our lush home worlds, we should be able to farm Fungal Mold outside around our bases. Come on!

1 Like

Hard to say, getting accurate figures of an active player base from that period would be super helpful, however we can only gleam information on the steam side of things but there definitely seems to be more PS4 players with the game than PC players. I would take a stab at it being somewhere betwen 75,000 and 125,000 active NMS players during the ARG. Total ball park figure of course. Literally pulling stats from my arse and half remembered summertime memories of similar discussions and steam/reddit/discord analysis.

If I remember rightly, at the height of the ARG (say during the NYC Live Drop) there was around the region of 1500 to 3000 users on the Reddit sub online at once.

Not the best indicator I know but anyone who signed up for the ARG would have surely been checking the sub and maniacally smashing F5 for the very latest news, (I know I was)

Pictures submitted to the ARG totalled around 9000 odd, most people were uplpoading more than one picture, (again, guilty) and Sean’s email saying they had a huge response, people were logging in from different places. (I logged in on my phone, my laptop at home and my work PC)

The only people that know for sure how many signed up for the Passes are the ones who run the ARG and HG.

I’m probably wrong with my numbers, maybe wildly so and I’m certainly not kidding myself that I’ll get a pass.

We’ll have to wait and see, and we shouldn’t have to wait too much longer :crossed_fingers: