Alaya-meadows retreat. now permanently closed

If only I had the glyphs…

1 Like

That base is fantastic! Someone should start a base design thread for those of us who have done very little in that area (unless it’s already been done and I missed it). I continue to explore rather than focus on my base so I get very little out of it except for a couple of circuit boards when I return.

1 Like

Thanks. I was pretty proud of it.
I planned it out in creative mode first & finally got it looking great but also worth it financially. Wanted others to enjoy it too.
Oh well…
All gone now.

https://forums.atlas-65.com/t/building-tricks-tips/3171?u=xion4012

https://forums.atlas-65.com/t/base-locations-discussion-talk/3040?u=xion4012

Did you see these @CrossID?

2 Likes

I did not see those, thank you!

1 Like

sounds scary, try setting frame lock ON if it is not, as i have noticed that setting helps when experiencing laggy crashes near bases
can only have 1 comm ball per system but they should eventually get replaced if you place another one elsewhere in system

3 Likes

Looks glorious, sad that I couldn’t see it but I got a sense of it having watched your orb trace its structure :slight_smile: I hope your save is salvageable at least, if it is, while you rebuild the late great Alaya-Meadows I’ll get working on unlocking glyphs in my normal mode save so I can come visit the rebirth proper.

Visiting travellers is risky business! When the lore snippets hinted at during WT ARG said we wouldnt know the cost of stepping through, they weren’t kidding! I deem our monument cursed, any who lay eyes on it are doomed to a life of ruin and loss.

2 Likes

After many, many attempts it now has a new com ball burried in the rock below with a dire warning and it is encased in scary black stone fingers. (but you can still see it)

And then I ran away.
The Cursed Monument of Alaya-Meadows.
Even sounds scary :grin:

6 Likes

That looks like a pretty cool base indeed. A shame it got riddled by issues and I would suggest to report this to HG in detail: https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Happy to see you take it well :slight_smile: I am sure you will find a good new location to make your home.

1 Like

Nothing better than spinning some head-lore out of a tragedy! It was an absolute pleasure breaking the game with you, I hope to do it again soon, I will make pilgrimage from time to time to pay respects and perform upkeep, make sure the warning signs stay in place for other wayward travellers.

Thumbs up to returning to check on grounds-keeping and warning signs.
As for doing it again soon… not so keen.
Your turn next :grin:

I attempted a return to see how things went after jumping ship to a new system and simply teleporting back to the local space station but as soon as I landed on Aquarius, it went to hell.
Completely fine offline but once the monument is visible its a dangerous place for me/my game.
I can slowly move about there now my base is gone and if I turn off the internet but it is terribly laggy and wants to crash. I cannot go there.
In the words of the great Monty.
“Run Away! Run Away!”:running_man:

I should mention that in all the chaos @LordMarkov managed to successfully leave a greeting up on the ridge and @toddumptious did name a critter. So it’s not an utter disaster.
Thanks guys for visiting.

1 Like

You’re welcome. I would visit again; just let me know.

I also wanted to let you know that if you did have audio last night, I apologize. My 3 year old had unknowingly yanked out the plug for my headphones and mic when she was sitting on my lap. I didn’t realize until I was in the portal going back.

1 Like

No applogy required. I don’t use the ‘friends’ or VOIP PS4 features. Solo player so haven’t had a need to even work it out. Nice that you were spending time with your little one. They grow up too quick.
Maybe 1 day we can try a meet up in this or a new game. I’m a bit shy of it at present given the results.
That’s the fun of games. If it was easy we’d get bored.
Probably why so many choose to go on Survival mode.

I would consider what happened to your base to be a fluke. I have seen the base sharing work correctly all other times, except that you cannot see bases from different modes or platforms. (I truly hope that changes).

Another thing that may cause your base to be non-visible would be if another player started a base in the same star system as you. The newest base would be the visible one for visitors.

And if you ever wanted to visit my normal mode base, just let me know.

I’ll take you up on that once I’m all glyphed up.

1 Like

I was trying to add you on PSN same as LordMarkov. I’m very much a single player guy (multiplayers okay in a cooperative sense for me, like Minecraft, that kinda fun) myself so you wouldn’t be getting badgered by invites to play the lastest COD or anything :stuck_out_tongue: You may get the occasional message of “dude, look what I just found!” from me but thats about it, so feel free to add me to your PSN friendlist fellow citizen scientist (christianhour), you too @LordMarkov

1 Like