Okay this just makes me think that maybe past expeditions will become permanently or at least routinely available through the Space Anomaly outside of its presented function of allowing you to carry aspects of your characters into future expeditions.
I think they have a nice backlog of expeditions built up, they could have them on a permanent cycle, and it would address complaints from new players or those who take long breaks about missing out on timed content.
May also hint at the new space stations we have seen
not sure its a way to access old expeditions or just a more integrated way to play from existing save.
Oh I know, I’m just speculating outside of its advertised purpose, it could certainly open up the avenue for it down the line
Okay I obviously can’t help myself and lasted a day before looking at ALL of that XD
Still keeping out of the rar and txt dumps in Datamining thread though. We’ll see how well that lasts.
Been considering switching to experimental to help find bugs for the team but worried about save file recovery.
It’s been so long since I last switched to Experimental, probably 2018?
Can someone remind me, do I need to backup my saves and keep em safe when switching to experimental? And then when I switch back I overwrite my experimental-touched save with the backups right? Or have they made it sleek and automated now?
I just opted in on Steam Deck since I still have issues on linux…I can’t see any difference…anyone else in?
You should always back up your save file in nms @toddumptious
But I have never had an issue switching in or out of experimental. Make sure cloud save is on and is up to date
O nvrmnd…there is a new Primary Mission…Atlas Eternal
All these atlas rewards and the name Omega has me very anxious for how this 4 part arc is gonna play out.
I also feel like maybe something has changed with the plan for that and it may last longer than 4 parts?
I highly recommend making a backup of all your saves before opting into ‘experimental’. Having the Cloud sync enabled is fine when playing on different devices, but is not intended to be used as a backup.
In case you do have to opt-out again, with experimental still being ahead of the public branch, you should revert to your backup again. Do keep in mind, any progress made in experimental will then be lost.
If you did not run into any issues and the public branch catches up again, there is of course no need to revert to the backup. You can then safely opt-out and continue.
- Fixed an issue with the Expansion milestone
Another new Experimental update, but no patch notes (as of yet)
looks like another one, this one updated missiontable and string files (mostly tweak to entering/exiting expedition mode)
…Expedition should be over now…
now the real wait begins…
SEANNN! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US…
Don’t release tomorrow…you know how many families will be in turmoil. Husbands, boy friends being beaten for playing video game instead of romantic dinner plans…
Experimental depot just updated ;0;
- Fixed an issue that caused many of the new biscuit recipes to be inedible.
- Fixed an inconsistency in the pricing of NipNip buds when bought from smugglers.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect numbers to be used in mission notifications about spending Quicksilver.
- Fixed a number of text issues in the Creative Mode tutorial.
- Fixed a text issue related to the pulse engine refuelling hint.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent black holes being marked on the galaxy map.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause players with some Autophage customisation parts to have their customisation scrambled on load.
- Fixed a visual issue with the eyes on a specific Autophage head.
- Fixed an issue that could cause red backgrounds when using some menus in PC VR.
- Fixed a crash related to portals.
- Fixed a crash related to the Quicksilver shop.
- Fixed a crash related to freighters.
- Fixed a crash related to the aerial camera view.
- Fixed a crash related to terrain generation.
- Fixed a crash related to Exocraft.
I know people in RL who could use this patch
- Fixed a memory crash.
- Fixed a crash related to bases.
- Fixed a PS5 rendering crash.