3xperimental (Steam)

Following up on this, yet another experimental out now: BuildID 9162783

6 Likes

Yes. Your Freighter is a mish mash of new and legacy parts with some rooms changing and others not. When I first boarded, I did not have all the new parts like the Exo Tech that was missing and the Exocraft room was not replaced but the first set of patches fixed that.
There is also a double thick bulkhead between each room so any items near a doorway get buried in the new thickness. I decided to completely delete my Freighter base and start fresh.
Note that we have 3 styles of rooms now. Industrial, tech and biological. When placed side by side, they make large, open concept rooms. When placed against each other, they form a doorway.

6 Likes

HG please slow down…

New Experimental: BuildID 9164451

The player’s current ship is now always marked while in the freighter hangar, even if very close by.

Fixed an issue that caused a small pink dot to appear on the building info popup.

Fixed an issue that could prevent the freighter from being listed as a teleport destination when in visiting another galaxy.

Fixed a crash related to freighter networking.

Fixed an issue that could cause Nada to repeat ‘16’ forever.

Fixed an issue that allowed living frigates to become damaged when they should not have been.

Living frigates that are damaged can be fed from the fleet management screen to restore them to health.

7 Likes

I hate I missed the 16 glitch

6 Likes

That wasn’t a glitch, that was an alternate ending.

6 Likes

Experimental Branch 23/07

• Fixed an issue that could prevent building within very tall freighter bases.

• Fixed a rare visual glitch caused by the Exosuit backpack being incorrectly scaled.

• Fixed an issue that allowed bases from blocked players to still be synced in some circumstances.

• The UI now displays additional feedback after feeding a living frigate and evolving new traits.

• The visual effects for harvest plants within freighter bio rooms have been improved.

• Fixed an issue that caused some posters to use the wrong texture.

• Fixed an issue that prevented players from claiming earned frigates from the list of past expedition rewards.

• Fixed an issue that caused too many wires to be removed when deleting a connected base part (such as a switch).

• Fixed an issue that left ladders behind when deleting their attached room on a freighter.

• Fixed an issue that caused multiplayer freighter bases to be missing on PlayStation 4.

• Introduced a number of rendering optimisations for freighter bases.

• Fixed an issue that prevented people from acquiring a living frigate if they changed their system clock.

• Fixed a number of cases where base parts (and planters) were not being powered correctly in some freighter base configurations.

• Fixed an issue that awarded players the resources gathered by NPC asteroid miners.

• Supporting scaffolds have been added to the underside of elevated freighter base parts.

• Players now always know the freighter bulkhead door, to prevent them from being trapped if they delete all exits to a room.

• Fixed an issue that prevented players from skipping cinematic black bars while in an Exocraft.

• Fixed an issue that could prevent newly-purchased frigates from joining up with the fleet.

• Fixed a number of visual glitches in freighter room parts.

• Players may now harvest carbon from the plants growing on the walls of their agricultural freighter rooms.

• Fixed a number of memory-related crashes, particularly on PlayStation4 and Xbox 1.

• Fixed a crash related to base building.

• Fixed a crash related to freighter loading.

8 Likes

Does… Does HG know it’s a Saturday?

4 Likes

I assume the scaffolding is for higher pieces because there is none under the first floor.

2 Likes

New Experimental Build :link:

• Fixed an issue that prevented teleporters from working correctly on derelict freighters.

• Fixed a crash related to the Fleet Command room.

7 Likes

@ThatBomberBoi I have edited your reply to include a link to the Steam Experimental branch topic itself.

3 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 25/07 :link:

• Players can now place specific variants (straight/T-Junction/X-Junction) of freighter glass corridors.
  • Fixed an issue that caused ByteBeat music to play over the top of the intended settlement bar music.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to interact with their ship while it was being salvaged for scrap.
  • Fixed a rare blocking issue that could prevent portals from working correctly when triggered on the Artemis path while very close to the centre of the galaxy.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented freighter doors and windows from being automatically deleted if the room they are attached to is deleted.
7 Likes

wait the glass has an x-junction, but solid has the L???
Gonna have to check this when I have time.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I think the variant part lists are just incomplete ATM. I believe all variable parts in the UI currently show exactly 3 variants. I have a suspicion they initially coded the feature for just those ground-base wall pieces, and didn’t originally anticipate that they should expand it to other more-varied parts.

6 Likes

that would make sense as it seemed odd lol

4 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 26/07 :link:

• Fixed an issue that caused the freighter to appear in the warp tunnel while playing in VR.
4 Likes

I assume this was while not warping. Must have been nauseating :nauseated_face:
Cause the freighter appears in the warp tunnel in normal, or is VR not supposed to show a warp tunnel?

3 Likes

I am not sure either, I have seen all sorts of things appear in the warp tunnel in non-VR, next to the animation sometimes getting bugged

3 Likes

Various things appear (somtimes) in VR in the warp tunnel. Somtimes the next planet slowly renders around you, as a kind of background to the warp tunnel. Somtimes you see your own ship, just off to the side, and the same with freighters (I think). Strange things happen in hyperspace.

But in VR, you’re generally inside the ship when it’s warping and there is no 3rd person view allowed in VR. For freighters and teleporters, just the warp tunnel shows.

It’d be cool if when inside the freighter you could be looking out the window when it warps, but probably too much performance problems and work to do that.

Just downloaded experimental - was flying away from a planet and called in my freighter (which I could see in the distance “capital ship”), and it said “too close to planet”. And then it disappeared from view. It showed on the galaxy map, but I couldn’t see it anywhere and couldn’t warp it in as not equipped with the correct warp drive. Most strange. I’d only just been given it.

BTW, what is this?

9 Likes

I have no idea!

8 Likes

Maybe the ship’s atmospheric plant?

4 Likes