3xperimental (Steam)

Experimental updated 22 minutes ago, but no Steam notes.

3 Likes

Updates to 3 files:
ā€¢ Community Mission Table
ā€¢ Seasonal Mission Table
ā€¢ NPC Spawn Table

6 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 30/05 :link:

• Fixed an Experimental only crash that could occur when entering the Space Anomaly after fighting living ships.
6 Likes

Experimental Branch 09/06

ā€¢ Fixed a creature-related crash that could occur when quitting to the main menu.
ā€¢ Fixed an issue which incorrectly caused players to take damage while on planet.
ā€¢ Prevent pets from taking damage from the player.
ā€¢ Fixed a GPU crash on PlayStation 5.

6 Likes

I wonder if this is the rock- tripping issue I have had for a long time. I find myself getting injured just walking along especially over rocks. It is like twisting an ankle. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Ohh I hope it is! Iā€™ve had a few frights just getting injured by pebbles suddenly. Can survive in melting temperatures, but our suits get punctured by a pointy rock :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

That one has been around for bloody ages. Somebody must have accidentally stumbled over the cause for them to suddenly fix it now. :laughing:

6 Likes

Is that the one where youā€™re just walking along with a bit of shallow jumping and suddenly you get damaged for no reason? Been there since the games release Iā€™m sure. Look around for a hidden snappy and nothing to be seen. Takes a bit of shield but no problem - unless youā€™ve just escaped with your life from a fight and are looking for somewhere to hide to regain your breath. Red UI, sirens blaringā€¦ Small trip and ā€¦you diedā€¦ pithy statement about death.

Maybe people started reporting it more because of the latest expedition?

6 Likes

Yes. That is the one. The ankle cracker bug. :smile: I have been running and walking around on some really hilly and rocky ground without incident so maybe they did fix it.

5 Likes

Well hopefully thatā€™s the one they mean, seems like weā€™ve all been graced by it.

The one that really drives me :bat: :poop: insane is that phantom multitool sparks bug. I constantly have to turn off multiplayer during these expeditions just to play. Got so bad this time it kept appearing right on top of me, the blinding light & heat waves completely obscuring my view!

5 Likes

I have investigated this in the past, and discovered that, at least in some cases, itā€™s due to snappies spawning in caves, just below the surface.

One of the problems with snappies is that they have quite a wide area of effect. You donā€™t need to touch them to get hurt. If you have a hidden cave below your feet, particularly one with low headroom, so the secondary land surface is close to you, itā€™s possible for a snappy spawned there to sting you right through the ground.

In the past, Iā€™ve dug them up to find what was hurting me.

5 Likes

True, but many times I go back to the exact same place and find nothing. Next time Iā€™ll dig a hole and see.

5 Likes

I have found that I need to dig slightly off to one side. If I dig straight down, the terrain manipulator destroys the snappy as well as the ground.

7 Likes

From Steam:

Experimental Branch 16/06
Fixed an issue that could cause custom discovery names to be reset on load (note: this is a server-side fix and has been applied to all platforms, not just Steam Experimental)
Fixed a number of issues that could allow players to take damage in protected locations.
Fixed a multiplayer issue that could cause players to incorrectly take damage that ought have been applied to a different player.

6 Likes

@temp : Edited to include the link to the pin on Steam

3 Likes

6 Likes

Experimental Branch 20/07 Update :link:

• Fixed a crash that could occur when interacting with a Fleet Command Terminal.

• Fixed an issue that prevented starship automatic recharge from functioning.

• Fixed a number of collision issues with the Archaic Habitation Heater.

• Experimental Only Fix: Fixed an issue that prevented players from going straight from the base parts list into editing placed parts.

• Fixed an issue that prevented the freighter location from being correctly updated when teleporting to the freighter from another teleporter terminus.

5 Likes

Wow. Now thatā€™s a fix list!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve currently got this bug.
No matter what I do; if I teleport to my Capital Ship from anywhere, it always resets the Capital Ship location back to the first system of the pirate themed expedition in Euclid. If I teleport back to where I was, using a different teleporter, the Capital Ship isnt there & needs to be called in.

Bonus was, It gave me a link to get back to Euclid.
Downside is, for general running about its annoying.

Also have a bug where base parts disappear on certain surfaces within the Capital Ship & sometimes refuse to return unless I move my character.

Unsure of this was intentional but some tech (storage & frigate control room) automatically upgraded within my Capital Ship but other stuff did not, leaving me with a half functional set of rooms/tech needing several Frigate Modules worth of updates to get working.
Teleporter & Galactic Terminal vanished altogether & had to be replaced with new stuff.

5 Likes

Experimental Branch 21/07 - Build ID 9160812

• Fixed an issue that could cause freighters to load incorrectly and players to fall through the floor when loading a save made at a save point or beacon placed aboard a freighter.

• Fixed a number of issues that could stall mission progress when speaking to mission-critical NPCs or interactions, such as Nada on the Space Anomaly or Artemisā€™ simulation terminal.

7 Likes