3xperimental (Steam)

It’s been around for a loooong while… Must have been some animation referencing the wrong object.

4 Likes

Now that it is gone, every time I teleport to the space station from my settlement, I end up on the outside of the station. I think they need to put it back. :laughing:

6 Likes

In my around 500 combined hours of playing, I have bever seen it. Now I wish I had!

1 Like
5 Likes

Oh no, please no! Don’t go around swamping developers with requests to put bugs back in that they spent time to get out. It’s so bloody demoralising.

2 Likes

I gotta admit: I kinda liked that weird little cube. I was never really sure what caused it to be there but it was somehow a ‘good’ glitch in that it was harmless & inspired wonder without actually messing anything up.
Almost a like a homage to early eras of NMS where glitches evoked fear & an expectation of system crashes or imminent death as opposed to a harmless oddity orbiting its own inexplicable existence.

5 Likes

That was not a bug! That was a feature! It attracted customers to the stores! Dangit…

3 Likes

Experimental Branch 18/02 :link:

• Sentinel damage levels have been tweaked slightly to provide a more even escalation of danger as players become stronger.
  • Fixed a number of issues with Sentinel navigation in caves and buildings.
  • Introduced a number of navigation optimisations.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause an invisible blocker to prevent access to settlement buildings.
  • Fixed a crash related to repair drones.
  • Fixed an issue that could result in players being placed outside of the Space Station when quick warping to specific station models.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to weapon reloading.
  • Fixed an issue that cause organic companions to generate partially robotic names.
  • Fixed an issue that caused untranslated text in base part colouration options.
  • Fixed an issue that caused weapons to leave unrepairable terrain impacts within a settlement.
  • Implemented a recovery for players who have ended up with duplicated core technology in their Exosuit inventory.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented building mode crosshairs from appearing when building on a freighter.
  • Fixed an issue that could overwite Space Anomaly NPC dialog for the Taste of Metal mission, preventing mission progress.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Cloaking Device effect to overly darken the screen in VR.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Taste of Metal to override all mission notifications if the player does not immediately return to their settlement.
  • Added steps to the automated repair and install pinning instructions to assist players who need to locate an additional Radiant Brain.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Radiant Brains from appearing in the Catalogue.
  • Fixed a crash related to building on a freighter.
  • Fixed a crash related to calculating starship takeoff costs.
7 Likes

One can not experiment enough …

Experimental Branch Update 18/02 :link:

• Fixed a crash that occurred when warping in someone else’s freighter.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Expedition Mode Select to display ‘Download Failed’ when the expedition has not yet begun.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some planetary shops and stations not to offer the same Multi-Tools as before 3.80.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a duplicate teleporter to appear in the Catalogue.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when building in a settlement.
6 Likes

Let’s experiment some more, … to then undo it all!

Experimental Branch Update 21/02 :link:

• Fixed a text issue.

Rollback to public 3.81 build :link: (Feb. 18th 2022)

• Removed last 3 experimental updates to be same as public branch again
5 Likes

… and back to the last experimental again!

Experimental Branch Update 21/02 :link:

• Fixed a text issue.
3 Likes

:laughing: I wondered what was going on. Woke up to an update then got another. No one can say HG isn’t busy.

3 Likes

Well, it’s certainly better to revert before release rather than after… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 28/02

• Fixed an issue that could prevent expedition data from being correctly downloaded.

• Fixed a rare issue that could cause the galaxy map to direct players to a system their settlement was not actually in.

• Added a message to the save select screen to alert players when a new Expedition begins.

• Fixed an issue that could cause the Minotaur to become distorted when fighting biological horrors.

• Fixed a crash related to rendering.

• Introduced a memory optimisation for PS4.

• Fixed an issue that could prevent Sentinels from spawning around buildings.

• Fixed an issue that caused Plasma Grenades to recharge infinitely.

• Fixed an issue that could cause the Expedition to use the wrong number in some text instances.

• Added an option to the Quick Menu to toggle the Minotaur AI Pilot.

• Fixed a visual glitch when riding creatures.

• Fixed an issue that could cause a blocker on Nexus repair missions.

• Fixed an issue that locked the player in place while receiving rewards from a frigate expedition.

• Fixed a rare issue in the Trace of Metal mission where players would be asked to build Minotaur parts they did not own.

• Fixed a crash related to wind.

• Fixed an issue that could cause the reconstructioned drone to block the spawning of patrol drones.

• Fixed a hang that could occur when spawning creatures.

• Fixed an issue that caused the base teleport module to appear as a buildable product in the inventory.

• Fixed an issue that caused Exocraft weapon upgrades to decrease the fire rate of the main cannon.

8 Likes

So many of these issues were ones I was having. :+1:

2 Likes

Shame - I quite enjoyed not having to load the plasma launcher.

5 Likes

Steam experimental update for no information about in the Steam forum.

2 Likes

posted the new strings in datamining. And list of files that were changed.

3 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 02/03

• Fixed a rare issue in Trace of Metal mission which prevented it from continuing after changing to a new settlement.
3 Likes

Apparently from yesterday:

Experimental Branch Update 01/03

• Fixed a rare softlock related to creature spawning near settlements.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause starships to take off from the Space Anomaly but not launch into space, trapping them inside.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause mission-related settlement decisions to be lost when switching settlements during the mission.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could prevent some buildings from spawning.
  • Fixed a rare crashed related to trading.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to frigate expeditions.
  • Fixed a crash related to interacting with mineral and gas extractors.
  • Fixed an issue that caused pet Quads to explode when shutting down hostile Sentinels.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the pet Quads redeemed from the Quicksilver Companion
  • Robot to be orange instead of blue.
  • Fixed an issue that caused blue Quad pets to fail to speak with their correct voice.
  • Fixed an issue that briefly caused the word STEEL to appear when hatching a companion egg.
  • Fixed a physics related crash.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could cause players to die unexpectedly during warp or when getting in their ship.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Exobiology reward decals and posters from functioning correctly.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the friendly drone from navigating correctly while the player was riding a creature.
  • Fixed a number of visual glitches when getting up from a chair.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented an Exobiology expedition reward from teaching the correct number of words.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could prevent the recovery from working correctly after a player deletes their Sentinel Flare.
6 Likes