3xperimental (Steam)

Well yesterday, out-of-nowhere, someone tried to shoot me from their ship while I was taking a leisurely night stroll along the beach, far away from everyone else. That would have been a tad annoying had I not remembered to turn off player damage (which is usually my case when starting new saves).

Heh, I initially thought it was the latest incarnation of that ghostly pink flame bug - now manifesting as a cacophony of bright blue explosions… then I noticed the large hauler hovering above me.

9 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 26/10

• Fixed an issue that prevented expedition reward objects from being built on freighter bases.

• Fixed an issue that prevented ‘Change Active Multi-Tool’ from being bound to a hotkey.

• Fixed a collision issue with hanging lights.

• Fixed an issue that caused floor tiles to fail to carve out the terrain correctly.

• An option has been added to the Controls Options page to change the strength of effects that shake the camera.

• Fixed a number of visual glitches in the Exosuit Initialisation Process that occurs when starting a new game.

• Fixed an issue that caused biological horrors to incorrectly launch pounce attacks over long distances.

• The expedition milestone “Their Scent Remains” will now make use of the Target Sweep if any nearby eggs are detected.

• Fixed a collision issue with the alloy inner corner roof parts.

• Fixed a very rare UI crash.

6 Likes

Thanks Hello Games! :+1:

It’s as if they were reading this forum! … that they set up… and are paying for… Hmmmmm…

8 Likes

New Steam experimental update

Experimental Branch 02/11 :link:

• Fixed a rare issue that could cause NPCs in settlements to hover above their chairs.
  • Fixed a collision issue with timber roof corner base parts.
  • Fixed a rare issue where grass could grow around the edges of settlement building interiors.
  • Fixed a number of base-building LOD issues.
  • Fixed a number of rare issues that could cause planetary objects to have no collision.
  • Fixed a number of snapping issues with basic shape adornment parts (cubes, pyramids, cylinders, and so on).
  • Fixed a number of collision and terrain carving issues with small paving parts.
  • Fixed a collision issue with one visual variant of the timber wall with windows.
  • Fixed a number of issues that could occur when collecting rewards after a fleet expedition had finished.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the Armourer mission to become blocked if players destroyed the targeted depot from the air, or before the mission had begun.
  • Fixed an number of issues that could cause settlements to be incorrectly classified on the CBAS scale.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause base part preview holograms to be offset.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause players to fall out of their freighter while constructing new rooms on board.

• Introduced a significant base-building networking optimisation.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could cause very large player bases to crash when loading.
  • Introduced a number of significant base-building physics optimisations.
  • Introduced a significant memory optimisation for PlayStation 4.
  • Fixed a Xbox-specific crash that could occur when running out of audio memory.
  • Fixed an Xbox-specific crash that could occur when loading corrupted save data.
7 Likes

Experimental Branch 03/11 :link:

• Fixed an experimental-branch only issue that could cause some powered doors to remain locked in position.
6 Likes

Steam Experimental Branch Update 03/11

Fixed an issue that could cause protected terrain edits inside a player’s base to occasionally be overwritten when downloading a large number of terrain edits from other player’s bases.

5 Likes

Steam Experimental Branch Update 12/11

• Fixed a snapping issue with ByteBeat Cables.
4 Likes

Experimental Branch 25/11 :link:

• Fixed a crash related to memory allocation.
4 Likes

Steam experimental branch has updated, but no patch notes specifically as it will likely go public soon just went public to 3.74
See here:

5 Likes

Experimental Branch 26/11 :link:

• Fixed a number of crashes related to base and settlement rendering.
  • Fixed a crash related to base building and settlement layouts.
  • Fixed a crash related to creature navigation.
4 Likes

There was another experimental update, but no updated patch notes

3 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 29/11 :link:

• Fixed an issue that prevented VR Teleport Move mode from working correctly in some situations.
3 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 01/12 :link:

• Fixed an issue where players could get stuck when exiting a ship in an abandoned space station.
3 Likes

Experimental Branch 08/12 :link:

• Fixed an issue that could cause nearby base parts to be deleted when moving a base part.
  • Fixed a few rare crashes.
4 Likes

I’ve been waiting for the patch on Steam from two months ago to go to Public but it hasn’t yet. However there is motion. The Internal (pre-Experimental) has just been updated.

8 Likes

With the expedition rerun over, it would be about time. I have the impression they planned to get there sooner…

4 Likes

Experimental Branch 16/02 :link:

• Fixed a number of issues where Sentinels would fail to spawn around settlements.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause freighter bases to fail to load after warping in a freighter.
  • Fixed an issue that caused an empty copy of the player’s freighter to spawn in a system after warping.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent building within a player freighter.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a small glowing cube to occasionally slowly float across the Space Station.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the jetpack to be disabled in Photo Mode.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the jetpack effects from appearing when using the default backpack.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the wrong full-screen effect to be applied when using the Analysis Visor.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Exosuit-specific shield messages to display while using an Exocraft.
  • Fixed an issue that caused inappropriate technologies to occasionally be found in the inventory of newly purchased freighters.
  • Fixed an issue that caused insufficiently specific text to be displayed as a mission notification when interacting with the reconstructed drone.
  • Fixed a number of naming consistency issues with the reconstructed drone.
  • Adjusted the fire rate of Sentinel drones, so that recently shot drones will attempt to retaliate more aggressively.
  • Sentinel drones now attempt to keep further away from the Minotaur when in combat.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented stun effects from being correctly applied to creatures on derelict freighters.
  • Adjusted the autoaim strength of the Blaze Javelin, to make pad aiming behave more consistently.
  • Slightly reduced the effect of gravity on Pulse Spitter projectiles.
  • Slightly increased the base damage of the Pulse Spitter.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Sentinels to respawn in a loop while fighting inside a settlement when using PlayStationVR.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented stunned creatures from dying.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some stunned entities to briefly enter an invalid navigation state after recovering.
  • Fixed a number of issues with the Cloaking Device third person effects on Xbox and PlayStation platforms.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the transition effects to fail to play when exiting the starship.
  • Reduced the movement levels of the reconstructed drone during interactions.
  • The Blaze Javelin now does a degree of piercing damage to armoured Sentinels, so that damage is done to the drone as well as the armour plating if the plating is destroyed in one shot.
  • Fixed an issue that caused procedurally generated Exosuit shield upgrades to offer extremely high protection against incoming damage, rather than values within the correct range.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the jetpack to be visible in first person.
  • Introduced a number of memory and performance optimisations to creature and Sentinel navigation.
  • Fixed a crash related to multi-axis rotation of base parts.
  • Fixed a crash related to Steam Input.
  • Fixed a physics-related crash.
7 Likes

“Fixed an issue that caused a small glowing cube to occasionally slowly float across the Space Station.”

Uhh… anyone see that? I didnt. I wonder what could possibly cause that if the space stations havent exactly been touched on this update :thinking:

3 Likes

Awwww…I will miss it. :cry: (and it was not occasional…the thing went round and round constantly in every space station I landed in)

6 Likes

From Steam:

Experimental Branch Update 17/02
Fixed an issue that could cause all Multi-Tools to become Royal Multi-Tools after reloading a save with a Royal Multi-Tool equipped. Pre-existing Multi-Tools have been completely restored to their correct appearance. Unfortunately, some newly acquired Royal Multi-Tools may have changed appearance.
Fixed an issue that changed the Multi-Tools offered in shops and space stations. Weapon caches at the same coordinates will now offer the same tools as before 3.80.
Fixed an issue that caused some saved Multi-Tools to change appearance.
Fixed an issue that could cause a popup with incorrect data to become stuck and block the UI.
Fixed a mission text issue.
Fixed a crash related to Sentinel’s guarding buildings.
Fixed a crash related to using weapons in multiplayer.

5 Likes