3xperimental (Steam)

Experimental Branch Update 09/09 :link:

• Fixed an issue that prevented settlement NPCs from syncing correctly in multiplayer.
  • Introduced an optimisation to the particle rendering system.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented ByteBeat tracks from playing in Photo Mode.
  • ByteBeat devices deployed to caves now have extra reverb.
  • Introduced an optimisation to base part rendering.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some base parts from being recoloured.
  • When viewing another player’s settlement, their name is now displayed in the UI.
  • Fixed an issue that could tell players to collect products from their settlement while the settlement was still in debt.
  • Fixed a crash related to terrain textures.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent ramps from snapping correctly to doors.
  • Base part recipes are now available to pin from the grid menu.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from landing or summoning their ships near buildings.
  • Fixed a visual glitch with the Exocraft Summoning Station.
  • Fixed an issue that prevent players from summoning their ship from specific landing pads at planetary vaults.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent Short-Range Teleporters from teleporting the player.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent plants from growing when planted outdoors.
  • Fixed an issue that required players to construct a roof for settlement buildings that do not have roofs.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent a construction terminal from spawning at a settlement building site.
  • A teleporter has been added to the settlement Overseer’s office.
  • Fixed an issue that could reset settlement building progress when save/loading away from the settlement.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented any decisions from triggering after claiming a second settlement.
  • NPC shopkeepers and access to a Galactic Trade Terminal have been added to settlement marketplaces.
  • Fixed a crash related to the ByteBeat device.
  • Fixed a crash related to the base building menu.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the Report Base quick menu option to appear when not in a base.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause construction decisions to fail to load.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Master of Elements expedition milestone from correctly unlocking the Minotaur Geobay.
  • Fixed a crash related to the expedition log UI.
  • Fixed a number of memory-related crashes on PS4 and Xbox One.
  • Fixed several crashes related to large bases.
  • Fixed a number of console crashes related to memory management.
4 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 10/09 :link: (listed as 09/09)

• Fixed an issue that could cause the expedition reward base parts to be incorrectly coloured.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a visual glitch on a specific character foot model.
  • Fixed an issue that caused parts of Cronos’ head to clip with the camera when equipped in first person.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause corrupt data when downloading the expedition details.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause several Exocraft to spawn on the same pad when deployed in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could cause base parts to appear in protected locations.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Exocraft and Minotaur scans to fail to find a building more often than they should.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause an untranslated variable to appear in some settlement decision text.
  • (Experimental Only) Fixed an issue that caused technology merchants to float or become duplicated within player settlements.
    Fixed an issue that prevented players from seeing the preview of a base part being placed by another player.
  • Fixed a memory leak that could cause a crash after warping.
  • (Experimental Only) Fixed an additional issue that may cause settlement building progress to reset after save/loading.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from being able to place some base parts (such as save points or Exocraft Geobays) within protected areas on the expedition planet.
9 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 13/09 :link:

• Fixed an experimental branch only issue that caused frequent creature navigation related crashes.
4 Likes

Experimental Branch 13/09 :link:

• Introduced an optimisation to base and settlement rendering.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some base and settlement parts to lose their collision.
  • Settlement NPCs now have appropriate thoughts while under attack by Sentinels or fleeing a storm.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players starting a new game if their most recent save was from an incompatible version.
  • The settlement mission now gives more information about when the next decision may occur.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could prevent some players from loading their saves.
  • Fixed an number of snapping issues with cuboid rooms that could cause them to become blocked when used in a multi-storey building.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Sentinel attacks on settlements to be immediately cancelled without spawning any Sentinels.
6 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 14/09 :link:

• Fixed a number of glitches with cuboid room foundations.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to game mode selection.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to mission notifications.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from being given additional judgements if they claimed a new settlement whilst their previous settlement had a building currently under construction.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented fireworks from syncing in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to settlement placement.
  • Fixed an issue that prevent the Wheel of Hirk firework from spinning correctly.
  • Fixed a glitch with door animations on timber parts.
  • Fixed a number of issues affecting ramp snapping.
5 Likes

Oh thanks God, I was going crazy trying to build stairs into my base! :rofl:

2 Likes

Experimental got an update three hours ago - but no notes.

3 Likes

It was fairly large too. 1.9GB

2 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 17/09 :link:

• Introduced a number of optimisations for settlements and large bases.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some islands to disappear, leaving player bases floating or mission-related buildings underwater.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some settlement buildings to placed outside of the flattened area.
  • Introduced a number of memory optimisations for PS4 and PS5.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to delete communications beacons.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause multiple bases on the same planet to share screenshots when viewed on the teleporter page.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some head elements to be visible when playing in first person.
  • Fixed a crashed related to interactable objects.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented ladders from working correctly when placed in cuboid rooms.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some corner pieces from snapping correctly.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause two NPCs to occupy the same chair.
  • Improved the behaviours of settlement NPCs, so that they group up and converse more often.
  • Fixed an issue that could allow players to prematurely start the Space Anomly story missions whilst on an expedition.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could cause the settlement mission to become blocked after changing your settlement.
  • Removed a number of obsolete items from the catalogue.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the interaction with the settlement technology merchant to become blocked if they were interacted with while outside the marketplace.
  • Fixed a crash related to base and settlement rendering.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some basic floor pieces from flattening the terrain.
  • Fixed a number of physics-related memory leaks.
  • Improved the snapping behaviour of a large number of base parts.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause previous expedition saves to be reactivated as Cartographers Expedition saves.
11 Likes

I noticed Steam now tells us the compressed and decompressed size of the downloads. Nice.

And yes, I am so glad my current d/l speed no longer reads 657 Kbs :scream:

9 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 17/09 :link:

• Fixed a number of physics-related memory leaks.
6 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 17/09

Fixed an issue that could cause previous expedition saves to be reactivated as Cartographers Expedition saves.
Fixed an issue that could count other player’s objects as your own for the purposes of planet object limits (for example, Exocraft Geobays).
Fixed a visual issue with Short-Range Teleporter wires.
Fixed an issue that could cause a soft-lock when using mods on PC VR.
Fixed a number of visual issues with the Race Initiator.
Fixed a crash related to region decoration.
Fixed a crash related to noise generation.
The base building recolour menu now has hover tips to display the name of the colour.
Fixed an issue that could cause two identical NPCs to be spawned for a settlement decision.
Fixed an Xbox-specific crash.
(Experimental Only) Fixed another set of corner parts that did not snap correctly.
Fixed an issue that could cause an error when supplying materials to some specific small settlement buildings.

5 Likes

Experimental Branch Update 28/09 :link:

• Fixed a mission crash present in the Japanese version.
  • Fixed a physics related crash.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could block progress around mission portals.
  • (Experimental Only) Fixed a crash related Settlement NPCs.

Rather large for these patch notes …

6 Likes

DANG! They have really been workin"!..on something…

EDIT the only difference I am seeing so far is it feels and looks much smoother. With Prisms, my fps took a big hit and there was a jitteriness when I was moving around. Much, much better now on both counts. Maybe the game just needed a complete download to put everything in order.
Also, the new lathes in my settlement were excessively noisy and now they seem much better. Still loud but they no longer sound like they are about to explode.
However, there is now this thing laying in the floor of the saloon. It is slowly bobbing around and I think it might be the head of a Korvax…but not sure.

Ummm…yeah. We definitely have a problem in the saloon. :grin:

I’ve heard of drinking someone under the table but, this takes it to a new level.
Meanwhile, the merchants in the marketplaces have risen to new heights

And the stairs have lowered in some of the buildings

Submitted with pics

9 Likes

I know this isn’t the case here, but there’s a great “fixed the wrong way” joke in there:

Bug Report: Character models are floating above chairs when sitting!
Patch notes: Fixed issue of character models floating above chairs by raising chairs to their level.
:stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

My settlers got creative (or were indecisive), People down? Chairs up? Let’s just build the buildings in both places and it has to be right.

9 Likes

9 Likes

That’s a big list of base and settlement fixes. I’ve got almost all of those issues at one base or another :smiley:

3 Likes

?

6 Likes

yeah. I noticed that too…maybe everyone got too tired of the griefers. I have to say, I have not noticed much of that behavior lately… :grimacing: :smiley:

6 Likes