- Fixed an issue that prevented settlement NPCs from syncing correctly in multiplayer.
- Introduced an optimisation to the particle rendering system.
- Fixed an issue that prevented ByteBeat tracks from playing in Photo Mode.
- ByteBeat devices deployed to caves now have extra reverb.
- Introduced an optimisation to base part rendering.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some base parts from being recoloured.
- When viewing another player’s settlement, their name is now displayed in the UI.
- Fixed an issue that could tell players to collect products from their settlement while the settlement was still in debt.
- Fixed a crash related to terrain textures.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent ramps from snapping correctly to doors.
- Base part recipes are now available to pin from the grid menu.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from landing or summoning their ships near buildings.
- Fixed a visual glitch with the Exocraft Summoning Station.
- Fixed an issue that prevent players from summoning their ship from specific landing pads at planetary vaults.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Short-Range Teleporters from teleporting the player.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent plants from growing when planted outdoors.
- Fixed an issue that required players to construct a roof for settlement buildings that do not have roofs.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent a construction terminal from spawning at a settlement building site.
- A teleporter has been added to the settlement Overseer’s office.
- Fixed an issue that could reset settlement building progress when save/loading away from the settlement.
- Fixed an issue that prevented any decisions from triggering after claiming a second settlement.
- NPC shopkeepers and access to a Galactic Trade Terminal have been added to settlement marketplaces.
- Fixed a crash related to the ByteBeat device.
- Fixed a crash related to the base building menu.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Report Base quick menu option to appear when not in a base.
- Fixed an issue that could cause construction decisions to fail to load.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Master of Elements expedition milestone from correctly unlocking the Minotaur Geobay.
- Fixed a crash related to the expedition log UI.
- Fixed a number of memory-related crashes on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Fixed several crashes related to large bases.
- Fixed a number of console crashes related to memory management.
Experimental Branch Update 10/09 (listed as 09/09)
- Fixed an issue that could cause the expedition reward base parts to be incorrectly coloured.
- Fixed an issue that caused a visual glitch on a specific character foot model.
- Fixed an issue that caused parts of Cronos’ head to clip with the camera when equipped in first person.
- Fixed an issue that could cause corrupt data when downloading the expedition details.
- Fixed an issue that could cause several Exocraft to spawn on the same pad when deployed in multiplayer.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause base parts to appear in protected locations.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Exocraft and Minotaur scans to fail to find a building more often than they should.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an untranslated variable to appear in some settlement decision text.
- (Experimental Only) Fixed an issue that caused technology merchants to float or become duplicated within player settlements.
Fixed an issue that prevented players from seeing the preview of a base part being placed by another player.
- Fixed a memory leak that could cause a crash after warping.
- (Experimental Only) Fixed an additional issue that may cause settlement building progress to reset after save/loading.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from being able to place some base parts (such as save points or Exocraft Geobays) within protected areas on the expedition planet.
- Fixed an experimental branch only issue that caused frequent creature navigation related crashes.
- Introduced an optimisation to base and settlement rendering.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some base and settlement parts to lose their collision.
- Settlement NPCs now have appropriate thoughts while under attack by Sentinels or fleeing a storm.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players starting a new game if their most recent save was from an incompatible version.
- The settlement mission now gives more information about when the next decision may occur.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent some players from loading their saves.
- Fixed an number of snapping issues with cuboid rooms that could cause them to become blocked when used in a multi-storey building.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Sentinel attacks on settlements to be immediately cancelled without spawning any Sentinels.
- Fixed a number of glitches with cuboid room foundations.
- Fixed a rare crash related to game mode selection.
- Fixed a rare crash related to mission notifications.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from being given additional judgements if they claimed a new settlement whilst their previous settlement had a building currently under construction.
- Fixed an issue that prevented fireworks from syncing in multiplayer.
- Fixed a rare crash related to settlement placement.
- Fixed an issue that prevent the Wheel of Hirk firework from spinning correctly.
- Fixed a glitch with door animations on timber parts.
- Fixed a number of issues affecting ramp snapping.
Oh thanks God, I was going crazy trying to build stairs into my base!
Experimental got an update three hours ago - but no notes.
It was fairly large too. 1.9GB