3xperimental (Steam)

9 Likes

New Steam Experimental update, with notes to follow?
https://steamdb.info/app/275850/history/?changeid=15679736

6 Likes

updated a bunch of the mission tables and some unlock tables…likely a structure change as it affected a lot of them

4 Likes

Yes, I noticed, hence why we likely didn’t get any patch notes for this one.

METADATA\GAMESTATE\DEFAULTSAVEDATACREATIVE.MBIN
METADATA\REALITY\TABLES\BASEBUILDINGAUTOGENERATEDPARTSDATA.MBIN
METADATA\REALITY\TABLES\NMS_REALITY_GCPRODUCTTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\REALITY\TABLES\UNLOCKABLEITEMTREES.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\ATLASPATHTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\BASECOMPUTERMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\COMMUNITYMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\COREMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\FLEETMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\MISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\MULTIPLAYERMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\NPCMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\PIRATEMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\PLANETPROCMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\RECURRINGMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\SEASONALMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\SENTINELSETTLEMENTMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\SPACEPOIMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\TUTORIALMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\WATERMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\WIKIMISSIONTABLE.MBIN
GCFLEETGLOBALS.GLOBAL.MBIN

Credits: Discord user Lo2k

5 Likes

Looks like they changed a lot of the flags from true to false etc, for ForceAllowMissionRestart, and added Debug Text

And added the wall to the unlock tree --“FRE_FACE_WALL” , icon that was added a couple days ago

3 Likes

Yup Wall unlocked in game, still missing English String
wall

5 Likes

And my internet was taken out by a huge oak tree yesterday…

6 Likes

ohhhh that sucks

3 Likes

:scream:

So sorry. Should we ship sugar? … Looks like you need to make lemonade.
:wink:

4 Likes

I will take your slice of cake as compensation. :partying_face: Happy cake day!
They toiled into the night. Internet back up and running!

4 Likes

For my educational purposes, :innocent: what do you guys and gals do with the experimental (apart from playing it)?

Do you keep a copy of the previous version, and for each new update, you uncompresses all files and run a script to compare them? Do you basically have a local “git repo” and just stick these uncompressed files in and “diff” them? And then you get long lists of

< spacewhale=false
> spacewhale=true

?

3 Likes

myself, I have a custom tool that extracts content details, save into a file, then backups and compares each time I run it. Tells me what was changed, I don’t take it to the extreme of the git, with each file extracted in readable form to compare versions, though ideally that would be the most effective solution if you were really into that. I think some people that use mbincompiler do that already. As it just would be a matter of scripting.

Also use it to check out new products added to game and lore etc…

Here is a dump 398 and 3.99. Experimental 8.14.2022 with the majority of relevant tables extracted by mbincompiler, I will try and post a change dump for relevant updates, so you can use a diff tool to compare.

4 Likes

I rely on the great people here to do all that for me :smile: I just dive into the bugs and report them
and here is one already today. The new wall has the problem the window walls had. Window wall is fixed now though.

I love the new Nutrient Processor in the mess hall

Also beware of deleting a room before deleting a door. The door will not delete without its casing

8 Likes

what walls don’t normally do that? lol

2 Likes

Lookin’ good. The last general part I’d really like to see now would be an open archway wall - like the bulkhead door part without the door.

2 Likes

I play experimental to not only “get stuff early” but to help report bugs so that the official release is cleaner. “Cleaner” is a relative term, obviously. :grin:

I only save game files once prior to each major update. I upload to OneDrive as a backup means.

4 Likes

hmm update 7.68 gb…

hmmm
BUILDING_GLITCHYSTORYBOX_L
Boundary Failure

Thats the Glitchy Story Box Building…wonder why name updated?? Future mission goal maybe??

Ah wall string and variant…missing from last patch
BLD_FRE_FACE_WALL_NAME_L
Internal Freighter Wall

BLD_FRE_ROOM_IND1_NAME_L
Expansion Room Variant

FREIGHTERBASE_ROOM.IND1

8 Likes

Tech floor variant and new wall. The little wheel things on the end of the wall, spin.

9 Likes

There has been another Steam Experimental branch update, but once again, without any patch notes.

https://steamdb.info/app/275850/history/?changeid=15703686

Basically more fixes to freighter rooms. (BUILDABLEPARTS\FREIGHTERBASE, some TABLES, and LANGUAGE files)

5 Likes

The source file changes posted in the Modding Discord by Lo2k are nothing more than full file size comparisons, not actual content, as MBINC at that time has yet to be updated. So I assume it ‘unpaks’ the pak files to get a list of files, then compares file sizes against previous version, which finds all the ‘whales’ of course :wink:

6 Likes