Wishes for Update 1.3, 1.4 and beyond

Also, the universe might get reseeded, but it is highly doubtful there will be any affect on your assets. None of the other updates removed gear or units.

When we “had!” to get stuff just to survive. When I had to devise ways of not being killed (as my MT was less than useless). I was once surrounded by 6 Sentinels (all very angry) and 5 Big Cats (all very hungry) and without firing a shot I escaped with no losses whatsoever. Now I would just blow them all up.

When I had to work out how to maximise revenue to get that 34S Freighter to minimise the grind.

When my first Exotic flew in to my Freighter and I didn’t even know Exotics existed was a moment to savour.

I do not want to change the game, just make it wider and deeper. HG have been doing some of that and are about to add new stuff we hope.

Do you not think that adding the mystery of a random wormhole or two wouldn’t add to the game. Same with insects?
If this was real life (which is how I play the game) I’d be asking for a 6’ blonde to settle down with and grow Star Bulbs but that isn’t going to happen. Actually, any height blonde (or redhead or maybe even bald) would be acceptable
Thanks for asking. What would you like added or even taken from the game?

1 Like

I know you don’t want to do this, but starting from scratch on permadeath might give you a little of the thrill back.
I would like a ton of things added - where to start?
Planet variety is a big one, which it seems we are getting a least a bit of.
I would like more unique planets like on Dune or Pitch Black.
Going with that thought, more widespread planetary effects - floods, tornados etc.
Really, I’m in agreement this game has its share of problems, but I think this is a magnificent foundation for both this game and future games aping the Exploration/Space Survival style.

1 Like

@TheQuillPen: As you noticed, I have moved most of your recent created topics to this topic as it fits the subject matter discussed. You may not have found a topic that fit, which is fine, I solved it for you, don’t worry about it. There is however no need to create multiple topics on the same subject. If character limit is an issue, you can continue in a next reply. Maybe try a search next time, it may be helpful to see if something is already being discussed.

@DarthTrethon: I would not consider it spam, there is nothing wrong with the content, although it could have been brought to us differently. Not all of us are fully familiar with the forum and the way things can be done.

Let’s move on …

Thank you

6 Likes

I want a shipyard where I can build/customize my starships, with class restrictions of course. I don’t want to put hauler components on my fighter, but being able to change colors, decals and components would be nice.

2 Likes

If you’re in base building mode and your ships within the bubble, you can almost place the decals on them, they conform to the body of the ship you just can’t stick anything on them… Its soooo close to what we all want, when 1.2 hit and I discovered this, for a moment I thought they’d added it as a feature but its just a glitch with the mechanics.

Here’s hoping with MP hitting they’ll add it as now more than ever we have good reason to customise and make a ship personal, like it’s cool if we can’t change color or shape because that would detract from trying to find that dream ship, but at least adding decals or I dunno, fluffy space dice for those inclined for such things, would be nice.

Also my dream feature is the ability to access Hello Games database where all our discoveries are stored. Imagine you could search your username and find a collection of all your discoveries across all your game modes, maybe even get mac coordinates for old planets you visited on an old or deleted save you no longer have access to.

Obviously this would be a feature outside of the game, just a little online database you can access via browser or app.

4 Likes

Really this is just too complicated for me, so I won’t write again. I’ll just wait for 24/7 & see what happens.

Just to say that people like DarthTrethon are the reason I do not participate in forums and won’t be again. All I wanted to do was open some new discussion lines but clearly some people are too precious about their toys. That he responded in seconds shows he just lives for controversy and has no life outside the game. It is the second time he has done this.
Rather than just ramble on like twits on tweets I worked everything out then broke it up into categories so threads did not overlap (there was a lot of material there). Anyway, I see now why everyone talks about this unfriendliness on such sites so I won’t be bothering anyone anymore.

Moved on

The issue I took with your threads was simple…10 threads all at once on quickfire not only buried some of your own threads but everybody else’s too…you literally walked in and pretty much tried to kill all other conversation. I didn’t even say anything about it until you posted the 5th thread within 10 minutes…is it that hard to see that some people would take an issue with that? And given the amount of text in each thread and the extremely fast rate at which you were posting them it was clear you weren’t typing this stuff at the time…you were copy-pasting all this from somewhere.

1 Like

@DarthTrethon, he’s trying for a reaction. Just let it go. Ignore it.

4 Likes

Now I’m portalling more and more, I’d really like a redial list! Last 5 visited planets would be fine.

3 Likes

Same for the teleporter. Needs a favourites option or an address book type menu.

4 Likes

Or at least change the system names from their original to what you’ve named them.

Seeing names like, Awazniak Gurgleburger IV and Potanius Rumplesmoochoven, means nothing to me.

3 Likes

That’s one pf the reasons I dropped back into using the generic name and just adding a suffix. It gets confusing. I occasionally name a planet something special but really these days nearly everything gets a generic name.

4 Likes

I only rename for special things - like freighter warp theta, or an alien/experimental S multitool.

3 Likes

I have always wanted a number of “saved” portal addresses for the station teleporter and for the ground teleporter.

I would only need 3 spots for each for regular use, but of course I would enjoy more.

And I also agree about the system names not changing at the space station. It makes it difficult to remember, which systems they were.

1 Like

When you have a Hub or claimed region, every system is renamed with the prefix or suffix to show that it is a part of the area. Planets a lot of times are all named as well. So, this can get confusing with the teleporter names for systems being different.

1 Like

Really, I’d say that features are locked in at this point, so discussing what anyone wants them to add at this point is futile and possibly self-defeating. Wait till after NETX and then comment on what you’d like to see enhanced in a future update.

Me, I like a chill escape from reality, the ability to practice xenophotography, and to try to forget all the murder and mayhem IRL. I want less conflict, not more, from my entertainment. As long as “killer” modes are separate from Normal and Creative, I’ll be fine. If others need an outlet for their aggression tendencies, that will be available.

I personally prefer games to not pander to our baser human behaviors. That’s one reason I’ve been happy with No Man’s Sky from day one.

2 Likes

Never mind ringed planets and gas giants we need to get real and include realistic flat planets like ours…

7 Likes

That’s not realistic…where’s the turtle? It can’t be realistic without the bloody turtle!!

6 Likes