Wishes for Update 1.3, 1.4 and beyond

QP1: Wishes RISK: Fauna & Flora

Once you are fully tooled up you can ignore any predator. One shot and they are dead.
The one aggressive plant life is only a nuisance and even the weather, although a pain, cannot kill you if you have that one correct MT.
So, NOTHING CAN KILL YOU.

So I have a few ideas on how to add spice to your life, and give you what you really really want! RISK.

Triffids. Plants that surround you quietly.

More deadly underwater life. Just watch Attenboroughs Blue Planet II. I have yet to have any underwater predator attack me with a speed you would see in our own oceans.

Speaking of Attenborough. Those snakes would be really spooky.

Where are the insects? You just cannot have large animals without smaller food sources. Killer Wasps (enough stings to kill you) and maybe another weapon (bug spray).s

Pterodactyls. / Killer birds.

Bird Strikes. Now you have to repair your starship.

Locusts to destroy farms.

LESS SLOTS would really make it interesting. Less power but more creative option (bug spray).

1 Like

You are making a huge assumption here. lol

Risk is something I don’t want in a game I play to relax.

3 Likes

I play on permadeath and the wife plays creative - we both love it. I would like to see create-a-mode where you can tailor settings to your wishes. Sliding scales for Ai , amount of pirate interdictions, etc.

4 Likes

Surviving something new involves risk, even a new girlfriend (not that I’d know anything about that). I just like a mental challenge and that is how I relax. 5 minutes on a beach and I am bored (and usually burnt).

1 Like

I appreciate that you have your own way of relaxing. I take issue with your position that seems to imply that we all should find the same things relaxing.

I hope you find a way of playing that allows you to relax as YOU want and still allows me to relax as I want.

That, or go make your own game the way you and those with the same likes/needs want it.

2 Likes

QP2: environment

Let’s be honest running around has become not much fun. Those plants only shock & falling in a cave is hardly life threatening. So here are few things I’d like to see.
Bogs / Quicksands

Real life needs. Water/Food. Without water you would die in 3 days. Water has both weight (slows you down) and mass (takes up suit space). Many planets have no water so how much do you carry. Equally water slops about a bit so makes flying difficult. This adds requirements for freezing it which in turn increases the size, so more slots not to mention the refridgeration unit(s).

Give us a real and full compass and remove or limit the “Homing” device. This would make trying to hurry back to our ship more tense. It would require planning a route without the ball of string, paying attention to landmarks and where there is none placing a marker. Now you need more resources,orcing yet more planning.

We keep finding crashed ships, yet we can’t really crash and do real damage. I’d love the risk when I tree hop.

1 Like

QP3: risk: interstellar

Worm Holes. They could just appear and whisk you off somewhere. Possibly wiping out saves.

Other Galaxies that are are actually VISCIOUS (etc) not just more harsh planets. The Original Elite had Anarchy Systems where a minimum of 4 “really fast” pirates attacked as soon as you arrived and then 4 more etc.

Comets
Meteorites
Meteors.

All can destroy bases/starships/planets.

Planets that really spin or are like Mercury (One side blindingly bright and one utterly dark. Just think. Caves you couldn’t even see right in front of you nevermind Flora and Fauna.

1 Like

QP4: game play

Just some thoughts.

Rockets to be purchased (as in real life). You cannot reload a rocket launcher with minerals. You need actual rockets. Dah!

Submarine Exocraft.

Water Worlds. Again Submarines. Perhaps your starship can float for a small amount of time before sinking so you have to be quick swimming or travelling further with a Submarine/Nomad.

Let us surf a sun. Strangely you can fly in to a Black Hole but not a Sun.

Something to make Haulers/Fighters/Shuttles more necessary.

48 Slot Haulers are just storage. Exotics have all the power.
Shuttles are useless
Fighters replaced by Exotics and Haulers.

Places where only Shuttles can get (small enough and don’t attract bandits so much).
Can have more on the Freighter/Carrier again because of size.
Inter-Connectivity between them so you can build a "Swarm`

To be able to transport DNA/Creatures from System to System. Takes up Slots Allocation but profitable and not necessarily in Units.

Freighters/Carriers to have 9 usable slots or rather 8 usable slots if you want anything to land. It is daft to have 3 unusable slots.

Systems with 2 Black Holes consuming each other or one or more planets.
Systems with Binary Stars.

Random Rarer Ships so there is no guarantee they will be there when someone else turns up. Stops WWW spoilers.

Some reason to HAVE to go in to caves. Spiders not withstanding getting lost in a cave is a real possibility. I have yet to find ANY reason to take the risk, even if I have 2 methods of getting back.

Accessible Freighter/Carrier Gun Turrets. Possibly limiting slots again.

Exotic Planets to have something interesting to do rather than just be pretty.

1 Like

QP5: observations / bugs

With a full load of Infra-Red Accelerator weaponry just 2 Phase Beam add ons gave some serious firepower.

Viridium just appears to be Emeril on different planets. Once nowhere now everywhere.

How come undiscovered planets have trading posts and habitable bases?

Regardless of what weapons you have the data reflects the resultant firepower rather than just Photon Cannon.

Being able to see your feet.

Being able to see the rear view in a starship (rear view screen or turret). As in the original Elite it gives tactical advantages currently not available.

When you pick say Solar Vine in the wild and it re-grows it still does not appear as Purple Resource but your plantation Solar Vines do, 2 hours later

Stop Exocraft & Starships moving with you when you teleport. It just makes things too easy and is not realistic even in Sci-Fi world. Teleporting to get a resource is sensible. Having an expensive way of calling an Exocraft is okay. You should have a cost to keep calling your Freighter/Carrier.

Please please a gunsight that changes colour on snow. I know I want more risk but then remove the gunsite altogether. The time it takes me to find my sight even when mining drives me nuts. I did say I was rubbish at all aspects of DualShock Controller stuff.

1 Like

How many threads are you about to spam? This is the 6th you’ve posted within 10 minutes.

1 Like

Just trying to get them all out there for discussion. Why use the term SPAM? It was good enough for Monty Python. We are 1 month away from NEXT so now is a time to discuss as I’m now just twiddling my thumbs. They may destroy everything we have. They may want new ideas. Your response is why most normal people just can’t be bothered with trolls which I assume is what you are.

Hi quill pen, I think what darth thretthon meant to imply was that it’s general practice to maybe keep all your ideas to a single post covering the topic of things you’d like to see.

However we do have a thread that fits this purpose that it might be more preferential for you to post in. In fact I’m sure a mod will be along soon to either merge your posts to that topic or merge them into a single thread.

It’s less disruptive and makes the forum easier to navigate and archive discussions, nobody is trolling you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At the speed at which he was posting them he was obviously copy-pasting all this stuff from somewhere. At any rate I’m done talking about this…I flagged some of them to hopefully get some moderator attention and they can sort it out however they wish.

2 Likes

Let’s just all relax. I’m about to have a beer.:beer:

6 Likes

Gorgeous weather for it too on our respective islands today :slight_smile: might follow your example and craxk one open too :beers:

@TheQuillPen

Quill pen I admire your passion and the conversation you’ve brought to the table, welcome to the community but do take the time to read some guidelines and kind of get a feel for the place, it operates much like forums used to before the rise of social media online.

It may be hard to find the appropriate threads these days as waking titan activity has more or less pushed them down the page quite a bit but we also have categories, so threads relating to game tips would be found under Knowledge Center etc

5 Likes

QP6: wishes

Real Looking Jurassic Park Creatures/Plants.

A Parallel Universe where the Physics is different.

Sexier Starships

Black Ships with Red or Black “Avenger/Firefly/Avatar” style engines. Just a personal preference.

Firefly/VTOL Engines.

WW1 Sopwith Camel style Starship. Biggles would love that.
WW2 Spitfire

I recently traded in my Top Spec S Class 48 Slot Hauler for a wild daliance with a beautiful A Class (The S Class just never showed up) Yellow “Bird of Prey” with cool blue Avenger/Firefly/Avatar engines. Put it on a hillside and Ooh shivers all down my spine. Is it me or are Yellows always more powerful at least in Exotics. Red’s seem significantly weaker.

Interestingly a Red Exotic Squid turned up twice whilst looking for my Bird of Prey. Only twice. Never seen again. Both times 16 Slots so obviously ignored.

What about really hard to get Freighter Warp Drives that can go 10,000LY or even more. The emphasis is on the really hard to get. Not “On this planet you always get one or you can just buy one”

Galactic Map to show Species Specific Systems.

Freighters renamed Carriers. In what way are they Freighters?

Stop calling Paradise Planets Paradise Planets. The only one in hundreds without some nasty weather was my second planet & it had killer big cats & giant dinosaurs & spiders. Preferred that to the weather.

2 Likes

QP8: hub wars. every reason to avoid network play

Why HUB’s at all? So not only do you move to a limited area of the Universe & get told how everything is by others but now 2 Hubs have effectively declared war on each other (No Man’s Sky Players Had Their First War And It Killed An Entire Civilization).

Human Beings, Who Knew?

The worst thing about Hub’s is everyone documenting where everything is including Portal Address/Glyph for rare items. So no need to bother exploring then?

Even worse, people leave Beacons so you do not even have to search the planet.

I am all for people showing there is such an item in the wild. It appeals to our worst instincts, cheating and lazyness for two. There I was, happily tootling around with everything I could need and enjoying it, then I am told the Universe may end on 24th July so I have to delete my highly profitable base and store everything on my Freighter (Please can we call them Carriers?) and one 48 slot Hauler to await Armageddon. Then I realise we might loose Squids & Alien MT’s or at least they may get much harder to get so off I go and get both. I should point out that I already had everything with only a B Class Rifle and a Mosquito Exotic that is still more powerful in all categories than the Squid I now have. I do not play online at all. Not because I don’t mind meeting people and maybe making a friend, but as we also saw in Elite Dangerous there are people who are always bullies by their nature. The Hub Wars are another example. Somebody will spoil your game just because he/she can.

I’m off to anywhere other than a Hub and I suspect avoiding the Centre is a probably a good idea.

So HG , please destroy all HUBs on the 24th July, and then no more spoiling posts please.

If you won’t do that, then make Centres/Hubs much more dangerous places to live. If the game detects more inhabitants send more and more powerful raiders/pirates. If that is where people are then there are more pickings to be had.

1 Like

Based on all these topics, I’m not sure this game is for you.
Edited for clarity. Not an insult, but it seems you want everything changed in some way.

3 Likes

If you read QP0 you will see I kinda got the game but it has nothing left to give only more of the same. Just wandering about looking for at least 1 different Fauna in a 1000 planets or flying somewhere to blow up some dead meat NPCs doesn’t add any challenge. When I started everything was hard, now it is just too easy. I want that exitement back but just starting again isn’t me. This game ca be so much more.

Oh I read them all, and I understand what you are saying but every game can be changed into something better. What about the game do you like most?