Wierd Glitches

Been looking for somewhere to report my recent bugs… hopefully right spot here…

• PS4 - day 1 save file with 660+hours (No I cannot start over! lol)
  1. When entering a new system, the ‘new’ system doesn’t appear on discovery page until landing on a new planet. The ‘new’ planet will then not appear on discovery page until something happens i.e. reloading game sometimes works!.. When planet appears on discovery page, fauna/flora can then be scanned and uploaded normally… however, when saving (auto/manually), the’ discovered’ fauna/flora is reset and has to be scanned again only for the cycle to repeat itself upon saving . The ONLY thing this is good for is accruing units from scanning but it would be better to be able to achieve ‘all species scanned’ as I already have 1.9B units!

2. Did have something to say but forgot lol - stay tuned! EDIT: I think I was going to ask if there was a known glitch when you acrue too many units? Thought i heard about a bug when going over 2Bill?

1 Like

There’s a new update incoming. Doubtless it will bring its own bugs, but the ones you already have, you can forget about.

Wait and see what the new version brings.

Something different is just around the corner.

4 Likes

Don’t I know it! I can’t remember ever anticipating a game update like this before! I never knew about the pre-release hype, and the little-known fact is NMS has actually restored my faith in original single player games - albeit ‘connected’ - is it a game or a great deception to aid the creation of an alternate reality ?!?! :fearful:

Without becoming too metaphysical, each of us makes our own reality.

There’s only ever one person who sees the world through your perception.

No Man’s Sky is whatever you want it to be, for those with the imagination to turn the trick.

And for those without the imagination? Well, where do you think all the haters come from?

5 Likes

Indeed our perception is founded upon the basis of our observations

Vision is perhaps collective & interdimensional

Imagination may be a cross-dimension directive

Haters are governed by sentinel protocol

P.S. I think i’m glitching-out (keeping this relevant to the thread :wink: )

3 Likes

@Kryzla Your bug sounds similar to what happens if I go to exit my craft the moment it lands.
The location doesn’t get added to the discoveries list and won’t appear unless I take off and re-land.
Does it do it if you wait a moment before exiting your ship?
Waiting solves it in my game.

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly how I first noticed the problem… Just now seems like its embedded itself beyond the point of first landing and occurs everytime whilst also resetting discoveries upon saving. Sometimes, even when I’ve edited the planet name, reloading resets back to PG name. _EDIT: I have tried waiting a few times but makes no diff. _

Perhaps I should try hunting that elusive S class freighter that I dismissed a few systems back :thinking: off-load some of these excessive units!

…I do have a sneaky feeling that HG might be tweaking the connected servers ready for the update - along the lines of @Polyphemus

1 Like

“feeling that HG might be tweaking the connected servers ready for the update”
I agree.
I’ve had some odd new buggy things pop up while playing that had me suspicious that behind the scenes tweaks on servers are sometimes making the game stumble slightly here and there.

1 Like

I concur - I’m only on basic PS4 but has been running more laggy lately than any time B4…

Things got laggy on my freighter (had me wondering about updates to freighter internals)
Graphic details elsewhere sometimes failing to render in. Sort of slow or incomplete. Just odd and quite new.
Other little things too that don’t upset the gameplay but are just noticeable enough to get you wondering…

I can agree to that too…

Not that this directly relates, but not long ago on my ‘Fungal Farm’ of approx 300 plants, I used to jump out and fall through the planet to the internal sea! I eventually discovered that a reload wasn’t necessary. So long as you can survive the basic atmosphere long enough to jet-pack to the underside of the terrain, if you simultaneously launch and grenade whilst pushing through you will pop back through to the surface!

Back on topic, I do feel that connected play will soon play a bigger role… I also feel that i’m gonna need a PS4pro :sleepy:

1 Like