Why have the more popular No Man's Sky Youtubers not received Atlas Passes?

I could not agree more MacForADay. and cool you got your pass.

I think doing something special should indeed happen for the YouTub channels that have done so much to support NMS.
I can honestly say that if it were not for MZK, I would have stopped playing NMS a long time ago.
That channel alone brought me back to the game and I would bet many others.

I honestly think NMS should support those that have supported them.

My 2 cents

3 Likes

These channels do deserve a pass in my opinion.
MZK
Cobra
Orbit

2 Likes

We can only hope!

2 Likes

One possible flaw with my theory is that the Youtubers in question may not have put their Youtube names when they submitted their addresses. A&S have Cobra TV’s address attached to his YT channel, but the rest could have used their real name or other fake names, so A&S would have no way to target them for anything special.

1 Like

I think I used my YouTube channel, or Discord username, I can’t really remember. I think Cobra got confirmation he was getting a pass though, didn’t he?

1 Like

Come to think of it, didn’t you also once say you gave your personal address to them back before addresses were taken for the passes Orbit? We thought you were going to get one of the missing tapes eventually but you never did.

Waaaaaaaaaaay back, yep.

The struggle is real.

7 Likes

There’s no reason to worry before A&S tell us that everything was sent. They didn’t send all the passes themselve and it seems they wanted a kind of “order” with the designations too so we just can wait.

2 Likes

I used my YT name and email :smiley:

1 Like

This whole theory keeps getting more meta as we go along. I hope the puppetmasters are listening.

3 Likes

Refresh my memory. When we received the Old Gods e-mail, Calibrating Waking Titan: Action Required, they stated this: Along the way, you’ve unlocked the first 2500 Level 4 Atlas Passes, and an additional 100 license keys for the Mercury Process. We’ll be collecting your postal addresses soon as a necessary step in fulfilling this and future mailings.
What was the significance of unlocking the first 2500? And what became of the Mercury Keys? I can’t remember. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Thank you for pointing that out! I’ve been thinking about this; I don’t think we’ve actually unlocked all the Atlas Passes yet, since they never told us all 10,000 have been unlocked. I think there may be quite a few left to unlock.

2 Likes

Sorry to bear the bad news, but this was posted on the 8th August 2017:

(you need to click on it twice to read it)

4 Likes

It says all 10,000 passes are being produced. It didn’t say all the passes will be sent out at once. Since less than 2500 pases have been reported at this time, I think it is still possible that they haven’t all been sent, and may not be until later, especially if some have a different hex code on the front that will reveal a different word we will need later.

3 Likes

yea lol the common riffraff get them now lol

4 Likes

Well, maybe. From the posted message, it seems fairly clear to me that back in August 2017 the intention was to produce and deliver 10,000 passes.

Clearly something happened shortly after that. I don’t know if it was production problems with the passes, or 1.4 being delayed by the huge amount of time spent on bug fixing patches, or maybe a change of plan inspired by the huge response the ARG attracted.

Whatever the reason, it was to be another six months before the passes were actually released. But back then, the way I read it, they promised to deliver 10,000 passes within the few weeks of unavoidable postal delay. And I think that’s what they’re doing now.

I can’t prove that there’s no alternative plan - but I worry that it’s clutching at straws.

3 Likes

plus they said they would ANNOUNCE when all ten thousand was mailed!!!

so we wait…

wait…

wait…

wait…

Emily is not here!!!

wait …

5 Likes

You’re right, of course. They’ll tell us when they’ve all been sent out.

And hey, I’m common riff-raff - and I haven’t got one!

7 Likes

@Polyphemus, tis i’m in the same boat!!!

more :beers:

take one down … pass it around 9999 :beers: on the wall

7 Likes