What has everyone done to prepare for 1.3?

need me patch… need me fix… whats that?..where’s the patch???..Who!?

I keep seeing a new email indicator on my phone. I hope it’s update notes. Instead it’s lazy employees putting in requests for days off! Millennials take more random one offs than I can handle. Be an adult, save a few bucks and take a real vacation. Or at least stop requesting until I get my patch email!

1 Like

Prepare for? nothing… I’m just keepin’ on keepin’ on. 100kLY from Hilbert Core, destination: as far as I can get.

1 Like

I have a junker ship as well. Got really fed up with breaking my good warp ship every time going though black holes.

1 Like

In a way I’m kinda glad I have to leave the safety of my Island bastion(Ireland) to visit another island (UK) for a wedding from tomorrow til sunday, sure I’ll miss the update dropping but I know I wont be able to play til sunday so I find I’m not sitting around waiting for a patch to drop or patch notes to surface. I’m more just sorta waiting around for a flight to happen, then waiting around for a wedding to end so I can GO HOME AND PLAY SOME GLOB DANG ATLAS RISES!

I cant decide, do I play on PS4 or PC first? Maybe I could attempt both at the same time? Or do it in alternating shifts?! What have I done to myself?! I havent even taken into consideration my permadeath saves… I need to quit my job and musical hobbies to make more room for NMS I think,

4 Likes

If you see an observatory, take a pic. We never know… :smiley:

1 Like

Just in case you hadnt noticed, we’re recruiting for the creation of an ETARC/CSD hub within Euclid and beyond, we’re actually looking for Frontiersman such as yourself who have gone beyond the pale that was Euclid, to stake claims in the furthest reaches in the name of ETARC.

You will scout the furthest reaches of the NMSverse, sending back reports of your findings of tourist hotspots etc which will now be easily accessible going forward thanks to fast travel via portals. Or ya know, jsut swing by and say hi some time when the hub is established and you’re just carousing from community to community by way of crazy portal based shenanigans.

https://forums.etarc.org/t/currently-recruiting-a-hub-inside-the-mercury-subroutine-for-etarc/1985

2 Likes

I have found two worlds with little ponds on it that have no rigogen, :`( So discouraging. I read that if you can get enough even from a 'Frozen Death" planet you can use those to create planters to give you more rigogen,
All I need, I figure, is ONE rigogen plant. lol (I maybe wrong about the amount though)

Oh, bad luck! But Coprite I can grow now (after unabashedly following around a bloated creature until it does its business --I swear they are shy about that if you watch too closely!) so no longer any need to embarrass creatures to get it. What I want to know is this: Is it ever used for anything ever again? I have a stack of it (1K) taking up valuable space in the storage. I’m thinking of starting over with the1.3 and see if that makes any difference…

Practicing my portal hunting. I’ve never tried finding one until the other day. I’ve found 3 in about 5 hours of playing. I’m waiting for the update before doing too much in case we’re forced into a restart or have a new mode to play.

@TravelEcho Oops. As far as I know there is no way to grow rigogen right now. I know the farmer doesn’t give out a rigogen recipe. Though that would be awesome! It can be a pain to find, as you have discovered. May your journey for the fabled water world of wondrous chandelier plants soon bear electrically active fruit!

1 Like

Coprite is mixed with Fervidium to make a nicely priced explosive.

2 Likes

Oh, buggrit! My noobness is showing! Excuse me a moment while I tidy up. :smiley: Thanks for the info Mal (and for your kindly way of saying I was wrong. ) <3

Can’t grow it. Now I’m even more discouraged! :sigh:

1 Like

you and me both brother

Ooh! Thanks! I came across a stack of Fervidium during my searches for Rigogen. I guess I need to find the recipe now.

Or, if on PC, you can use this…
https://nomansskymods.com/mods/grow-plants-for-farming-v2-0/
Plants Added:
·Antrium: Used in the production of Voltaic Cells, normally found in caves.
·Rigogen: Used in the production of Copper Wire, normally found underwater on Oceanic Planets.
·Platinum: Normally found scattered on planets with some Flora/Fauna present.
·Thamium: Normally scattered on Flora/Fauna planets, or collectively grouped on Barren Planets.
·Zinc: Normally scattered on Flora/Fauna planets, but also obtainable from killing sentinels.
·Radnox: Rarely found on planets with a Toxic Biome (or maybe it was radioactive, ICR)…
**Each stage of Radnox has a different head and strand models to simulate growth.
·Omegon: TMK, no longer found in the wild after Foundation. Otherwise obtainable via NPC only.

Items Added that are typically found in the wild: (like Albumen Pearls, Grav Orbs & Sac Venom)
·AquaSperes: Rarely found underwater on Oceanic Planets.
·Vortex Cubes: Rarely found on various planets, Normally Identifiable in Space Scan.

1 Like

Aww… sorry to hear you are feeling discouraged. :anguished:

Maybe just take a page from the lyrics of that favorite old ditty of the starlanes:

Asked an alien what they wanted to be
They said "Baby, can’t you see
I wanna travel, see every star on the screen
But you can do something in between"

Baby you can fly my spaceship
I need some copper wire equip
Baby you can fly my spaceship
I’ll pay you in nipnip

Warp warp, warp warp yeah!

:sunglasses:

6 Likes

OMG! Can I put that to music, pleeeeaaase!?

You never let me down, Mal. <3

1 Like

best song ever 10/10

over million downloads on iTunes

2 Likes

restocked on herbs, uuhh I meant Gek Nip…

1 Like