What has everyone done to prepare for 1.3?

I just moved my base to a new system recently (found a really nice green planet, and my base is now on a little island, looks pretty cool from above heh), so I’m mostly building that one up, and trying to do a better job at it xD, I’m no architect. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve just been playing the game. I deleted by original save file (which I had since release day last year), which I regret having to do…but I really wanted to play through the Atlas path again because of the ARG.

I have mixed feelings about the new mechanic of having ‘broken’ slots on ships or multi-tools that you salvage/recover. On one hand, you can potentially acquire something really awesome that may have taken a long time to get. On the other hand, the scaling cost of unlocking those slots means you end up paying nearly as much for the ship/tool as you would buying it off someone…which I feel devalues the whole point of scouring planets for salvage.

ponders

EDIT: Btw, I ran across a neat explorer ship that was S class, and was able to buy it because it only had like 15 slots or so. I’ll try to get screenshot of it.

I just finished my Permadeath run (PS4) before the update, since each update so far has changed the universe to be more difficult.

Currently, I am widening my own empire in Normal Mode (since launch) while trying to find S class ships, S class multitool and the last few elusive techs.

I wouldn’t make it very long in Permadeath mode. I recently tried Survival mode, and I finally gave up after dying like 10 times in a row before even reaching my first ship. They start you between 8-11 minutes away from the ship on an extreme weather planet and only give you about 2 minutes of life support.

I guess I suck at the game…though I’ve never had a problem with Normal mode.
:pensive:

1 Like

Nothing. I believe we may see a reset of the seed. If we don’t I will be starting a new game I think…on survival.

Me and my PS4 were an active part of the Mercury Process before the Path Finder update. When that upgrade occured, my time was already sucked away by the excellent XCOM 2 mission. I planned to return to the Atlas path this summer, but then, out of the blue, Waking Titan started and consumed a lot of my time, so I decided to wait.

Now that Atlas is about to rise, I am ready. As soon as the patch notes appear, I will:

• accomplish my “real” everyday life missions
  • prepare food for (at least) 3 days
  • unplug the phone
  • say goodbye to a “normal” day/night cycle (no problem due to WT training)
  • start the Mercury Process from scratch

Can’t wait :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m hesitant to do anything before the update drops. I’m gonna start stockpiling in Hilbert, in anticipation of the new hub (I just finished fixing everything after the core jump). I might start over on normal mode and just not talk to atlas/nada/polo, in case the plot line changes.

1 Like

Bought Hellblade, will probably play that for a bit, twiddle around in Ableton, go to work…
In game? I finished the Atlas Path on my new game, did most of the base building quests then let it be until the update drops.

3 Likes

Waaaaaa, another thing I want to do!
I seriously need 96 hours per day.
Minimum.

1 Like

I know right? I demand at least 1 extra day each week for errands/to-dos just to make everything else a bit easier…

Honestly? I just don’t know… Keep looking for a water world so I can forward the home base quests (three now) that are stuck waiting on rigogen. 22 planets in 13 systems and no water world. :frowning:

I guess I’ll just keep looking and hope the update is as wonderful as it seems. ::hypecheck :under control::

1 Like

Starting fresh is my plan too. Maybe on Permadeath to be extra hardcore.

ugh that one is an annoying one. I found a frozen water planet that was basically an icy death in minutes, eventually got enough resources to take a buggy into the water and get me that sweet rigogen

2 Likes

@TravelEcho @alonemusic

I swear, Rigogen is never there when you want it, then as soon as you stop looking it’s everywhere and every second planet is an ocean world XD

I’ve even had instances where while lookin for Rigogen and come across a water planet, all the lakes/oceans are the kind with zero flora at the bottom, then after two minutes I’ll find one but has zero rigogen in it.

Rigogen and Coprite are my least favourite things to suddenly need in large quantity. Thankfully the coprites only needed for that one little quest but havign restarted my save several times on ps4 since foundation, not to mention permadeath and then of course my PC save file, I get anxious at the sheer mention of coprite.

1 Like

Vehicles work underwater?

1 Like

yup. best way to get rigogen.

1 Like

aye the buggy and big truck one (forgotten the real names… I just called em Boogie and Big Ol’ Boogie) sink so you can drive about on the sea bed.
The hover one drives on the surface.

1 Like

Awesome. I know what I’m doing tonight.

1 Like

I grow everything. and try to keep a small store of everything.
But… atm I’m in desperate search for a Vortex Cube to fix some damage I suffered by getting flattened by a Sentinel warship.
I have a small stock of the super rare and expensive stuff I need but can’t find a simple Vortex Cube… and they are usually just lying about.:roll_eyes:

I’ve been curled up naked in the fetal position in the corner of my man cave, waiting on the update like a heroin addict waits on his next high.

4 Likes